90 day report blues....or maybe not?

Hi,  calling all 90 day report experts!

My 90 day reporting was due the 12 September. (Or, by the 12 Sep.)

Gotta an email reminder from immigration a few weeks back.

I usually submit an online report about a week before the due date. 

For whatever reason, I did not do that this time and I submitted my report early (9am) on the morning of the 12 Sep, which was the due date.

I did it online, using my android phone. I got a 'success' message and they sent me a tm47 document to me by email to acknowledge that my report was received. 

So what is my problem? Well, the last two times I did an online report, they sent the final notification - with the due date of my next report - to me very, very quickly....like 1 hour or 2 hours. (Yes, I know that is unusually quick, maybe!)

It is now a whole day & a half later. So my main query is: because I did my report ON the day the 90 days ended, and not BEFORE that date, does that mean that I may actually have to go in person? For any reason...that I am not aware of?

I know my report was already accepted & received. And they did not send me any message to say that have to report in person. So logically, no reason to worry, right? Just wait for them to send that final notice. Call me paranoid, but I have a strong, intuitive sense that the final notice/slip with my next due date, to my email inbox......is not coming, for some reason! ????

I live FAR from the Korat immigration, trying to phone them is a waste of time, and by my calculation I have until Friday to go there in person IF I HAVE TO, (during the 7 day grace period), after which I have to pay a 2000 baht fine. So if for some reason I have to go in person, I'd sooner pay 1000 baht gas money now (my old pickup drinks like a fish!), than 3000 baht later!

Of course, I would rather pay nothing at all. 

ive had a wierd experience this week.

i sent my report online as usual for the 7th September on Thursday (8th). a day late, but I have never had an issue. That was rejected, so i sent another which was rejected yesterday.

Today i went to Chaeng Wattana, handed in a written application form and there was no prpoblem. nothing said either. 

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Wait a while longer for the receipt to be sent to you by email.

Yesterday was the first day after weekend so it could take longer.

Have you checked the status of it on the online reporting site?

No, I haven't checked my status online. I will do that now.

Thanks, ubonjoe.

• Thumbs Up 1

My limited experience is:

First online 90 day: Accepted, approved about 2 days later.

Second online 90 day: Accepted, rejected two days later.

Resubmitted today, accepted, approved about ten minutes later.

Maybe submitting reports on a weekend is not a good idea, because IO's are hung over. It's one plausible explanation.

23 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Wait a while longer for the receipt to be sent to you by email.

Yesterday was the first day after weekend so it could take longer.

Have you checked the status of it on the online reporting site?

Ubonjoe, I did check my status online.

As you'll know, on the chart of information that they show, there are 4 columns, 'Cancel', 'tm47', 'Notification of Receipt' and 'Date'.

The tm47 pdf is there and the date too. 

The 'Notification of Receipt' column is empty.

Now, in the 'Cancel' column , there is a big red 'X'. 

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but does the X mean it is NOT cancelled, or does it mean it IS cancelled?

4 minutes ago, Toolong said:

Now, in the 'Cancel' column , there is a big red 'X'. 

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but does the X mean it is NOT cancelled, or does it mean it IS cancelled?

If you click the big red X it will cancel your application for the report.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you click the big red X it will cancel your application for the report.

Actually, ubonjoe, before reading your comment I DID click on the X to see if a message came up.

A box came on screen with an option to write something, and 2 options to submit or close, so I just closed it.

Then after reading your comment, I went back in and checked. The X is still there and there appears to be no change, so I am guessing I did NOT accidentally cancel. I hope.

Just now, cauldlad said:

My last 90 day on line report I submitted on a Friday morning. I received the confirmation email at 7.15 pm on the Sunday evening. This was from Jomtien

'Sunday evening'? That's strange.

But then........Jomtien can be a strange place! 

But I get your point. One never knows when it might come. ????

OP, as noted by others, what your received after you filed was simply a notice that you successfully submitted the report (not that it was approved).  As you note, you know it's approved when you get the email (with new Receipt of Notification attached) and/or when you check online for a pending report and it tells you that you're approved.

But you say you went and checked before you got the approval notice and clicked on the big "X."  My bet is you cancelled your report and, as you're still within the 7 day window after a due date to do a report in person, you might want to consider doing that to avoid a problem and fine (unless you somehow get an emailed approval in the interim).

9 minutes ago, CMBob said:

OP, as noted by others, what your received after you filed was simply a notice that you successfully submitted the report (not that it was approved).  As you note, you know it's approved when you get the email (with new Receipt of Notification attached) and/or when you check online for a pending report and it tells you that you're approved.

But you say you went and checked before you got the approval notice and clicked on the big "X."  My bet is you cancelled your report and, as you're still within the 7 day window after a due date to do a report in person, you might want to consider doing that to avoid a problem and fine (unless you somehow get an emailed approval in the interim).

You may be right about having unintentionally cancelled it, CMBob.

But....if I actually had done, I would have expected to see a change shown on that info chart. There is nothing now saying 'cancelled', with X gone, etc. No email automatically sent acknowledging that it had been cancelled. 

I have looked at that status chart a few times since accidentally clicking on the X, and no change is shown. Nothing.

But.....unless there's someone out there reading this who knows for sure that what you say is indeed the case, and can make it clear.......who knows? ????

But I get your point about going in person before it's too late (after Friday).

And I appreciate that advice. ????????

If that notification slip doesn't appear by end of play tomorrow, I'll bite the bullet and go Thursday. 

Cheers. 

46 minutes ago, Toolong said:

You may be right about having unintentionally cancelled it, CMBob.

Hopefully you didn't.....but trust you'll post here by the end of the week as to whether you got the approval (in spite of accidentally hitting the dreaded "x") or what they told you when you make the long trek to Immigration.

As I've mentioned in a previous post recently. I waited 4 days (including weekend) to get the final Approved email.

BUT, this was only after emailing (not calling) to my local IO in Pathum Thani, quoting the Reference number and date of submission (copied and pasted from their Receipt of Submission email) yesterday on Monday requesting confirmation that it WAS accepted. 

About an hour after this email came through the Accepted email and new 90days report  date. 

Seems I have to do this "request email" almost every time after an online 90day report. 

1 hour ago, CMBob said:

Hopefully you didn't.....but trust you'll post here by the end of the week as to whether you got the approval (in spite of accidentally hitting the dreaded "x") or what they told you when you make the long trek to Immigration.

Will do. Watch this space. ????????

31 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

As I've mentioned in a previous post recently. I waited 4 days (including weekend) to get the final Approved email.

BUT, this was only after emailing (not calling) to my local IO in Pathum Thani, quoting the Reference number and date of submission (copied and pasted from their Receipt of Submission email) yesterday on Monday requesting confirmation that it WAS accepted. 

About an hour after this email came through the Accepted email and new 90days report  date. 

Seems I have to do this "request email" almost every time after an online 90day report. 

Well, well  well! That IS interesting.

It would be a real bummer if the online report system - which, in my case anyway, has worked well up to now - is starting to get unreliable.

I don't mind admitting that for me, a trip to the IO in person costs me a chunk of money for gas that I could do without spending, if possible.

24 minutes ago, newnative said:

The last on-line report I did was immediately accepted but it took several days before I got the email with the attachment to print out for the paper slip for the passport.  Jomtien Immigration.

Several days? That's worrying. ????

1 minute ago, Boomer6969 said:

Still doesn't work for  me (Buriram), while the old system worked without a glitch. Seems that my only hope is BOI LTR.

Funny, the old system NEVER worked for me! 

(Sorry, I don't get 'BOI LTR' ????)

43 minutes ago, Toolong said:

Funny, the old system NEVER worked for me! 

(Sorry, I don't get 'BOI LTR' ????)

Board Of Investment Long Term Resident visa [BOI LTR] .They have a category for [not so] wealthy pensioners.

Edited by Boomer6969

46 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

What a load of hassle. I always go in person for both 90 day report and extensions of stay, and over many years have never had any problems. 

If one lives 180kms from the IO office, it's a cheaper hassle & worth every unspent penny ????

• Like 1