Old City

Sparktrader

200 baht coffee = Satan, am I right?

There's a no-name Northern Thai restaurant in a little house to the right of the DeLanna Hotel, where I killed a happy week. The quality and range of stuff like N. Thai dips is diverse at the levels of a  5* river place, but for a third less.

To the left of the De Lanna, check out the avocado toast at the 420-friendly Zhong Cafe. Isn't avocado toast the national dish where you come from?

The Writer's Bar retains the old lighting fixtures and bar, a good happy hour and an -A minus Thai menu.

The fern forest bar would be a sweet date meet up spot. That whole street leading up to it is full of cheap Thai plastic chair restaurants.  The one with a giant Panda outside is a good one.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Denim said:

Hipsters are people that try too hard to be different (and genuinely do think that they're being different), by rejecting anything they deem to be too popular.
Ironically, so many other people also try too hard to be different that they all wind up being the exact same, so hipsters arent actually different at all, theyre just people that are snobbier and more annoying about their taste in "alternative" things, which are all popular now thanks to the other hipsters.
Hipsters pride themselves on liking things that no one else likes, and normally only really like them because they think no one else likes them and that theyre being unique. This is being delusional because all the other hipsters also like the same things.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hipster

AKA  tw*ts

Lots here. CM is a nice city but these hipsters are a turn off. Lanna women are attractive, food is good, scenary is good. Just need to escape the hipster ghetto.

26 minutes ago, Denim said:

Hipsters are people that try too hard to be different (and genuinely do think that they're being different), by rejecting anything they deem to be too popular.
Ironically, so many other people also try too hard to be different that they all wind up being the exact same, so hipsters arent actually different at all, theyre just people that are snobbier and more annoying about their taste in "alternative" things, which are all popular now thanks to the other hipsters.
Hipsters pride themselves on liking things that no one else likes, and normally only really like them because they think no one else likes them and that theyre being unique. This is being delusional because all the other hipsters also like the same things.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hipster

AKA  tw*ts

No need to shout. It's against the Forum Rules.

I like Carrot Coffee Bar, down a side soi. They just painted a carrot on the window. They're hopefully selling Carrot tee shirts for 300 baht apiece. I may get one. 

Shouldn't you be emulating these people instead of dissing them? All Thai clientele on my handful of visits.