Non O-A insurance

My friend is arriving in October 16 and have a Non immigrant O-A Visa. 

Which is valid till October 21. 

He have a LMG insurance 400/40 till October 21. 

At the immigration, what do they demand for insurance to stamp him in for a year. 

The LMG says 400/40 is still enough. 

Can this be correct ? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

No new rules for non O and extentions from that visa.

Change of rules is about insurance requirements for non O-A and extension from that visa. 

And what would the new rules on insurance requirements be for non-O and extension from that visa?  Is it possible to duck/avoid altogether the  insurance requirement?

11 minutes ago, LatPhrao said:

And what would the new rules on insurance requirements be for non-O and extension from that visa?  Is it possible to duck/avoid altogether the  insurance requirement?

No insurance it is required to apply for a extension of a non-o visa entry.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, LatPhrao said:

Yes.

Folk in their droves are killing off their non O-A by exiting Thailand and reentering with visa exempt and obtaining a non O and 12 month extension.

The reason being that no insurance requirements 

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes.

Folk in their droves are killing off their non O-A by exiting Thailand and reentering with visa exempt and obtaining a non O and 12 month extension.

The reason being that no insurance requirements 

Can I get a non O visa, based on retirement, in Pattaya, after entering Thailand with a visa exempt. Right now, I am in Pattaya using a 1 year permission to stay, from a original non O A from 2020. Want to get rid of the O A visa, flying to Kuala Lumpur and back on the same day. Would I have problems to enter Thailand again, on the same day?? Sorry for the long story and many questions.