Tourist visa got 3month extension to apply for retirement visa.

34 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A non-o visa based upon retirement can be applied for at immigration that will allow a additional 90 day from the day the visa is applied for.

See: https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/9.FOR-RETIREMENT-PURPOSES-50-YEARS-OLD-NON-O.pdf

Thanks I am aware of that my mate has the one month extension already, but his new passport may not arrive in time, all oz appointments are fully booked this month, he will apply on the first available appointment day that is 7 oct and will take 8+ weeks to arrive.so i guess a boarder bounce if 90 is up.

Edited by brianthainess

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Thanks I am aware of that my mate has the one month extension already, but his new passport may not arrive in time, all oz appointments are fully booked this month, he will apply on the first available appointment day that is 7 oct and will take 8+ weeks to arrive.so i guess a boarder bounce if 90 is up.

Just realized, I think he can't do a border hop as his current passport will be cancelled although it will have this stamp in it, anybody know?

176071359_IMG_20220809_142014(2).thumb.jpg.d373590c811d41590f3c0301a505046e.jpg

38 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't think he will get that stamp until his new passport arrives. I am not aware of embassy that cancels the old passport until the new one is received due to a person would be in the country illegally with a canceled passport.

With the OZ passport, (a) must apply in person, (b) agents are not allowed, (c) if you collect your new passport in person, then they do not cancel your current one, (d) If you want the new one sent by EMS saving a long trip to BKK, then they cancel your current one. ???? on that stamp it says ''has been cancelled and REPLACED by PP number.............that you put in yourself. immigration would not be aware of this, until you go there with new passport. 

Edited by brianthainess

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:

With the OZ passport, (a) must apply in person, (b) agents are not allowed, (c) if you collect your new passport in person, then they do not cancel your current one, (d) If you want the new one sent by EMS saving a long trip to BKK, then they cancel your current one. ????

In that case he may have to bite the bullet and make a trip to pick up his passport. Or do the border hop before he applies for his new passport.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, nana kid said:

I just received my passport with a 90 day extension and a Non-O 1 year Visa

Total 15 months.  When is my first 90 day report due              after the extension

or 90 days into the Non_O visa

90 day report is due 90 days after you entered Thailand.

It sounds like you have used an agent , maybe check with them if a 90 day report has already been done.

(You have a 90 day visa, and a 12 month extension, not the other way round.)

15 minutes ago, nana kid said:

I just received my passport with a 90 day extension and a Non-O 1 year Visa

Total 15 months.  When is my first 90 day report due              after the extension

or 90 days into the Non_O visa

Applying for the first extension of stay the 90 days start from the day you apply for it.

Yes I did use an agent.  I arrived July 15 and got a 30 day entry           went to CW and got a 30 day ext until 12 Sept.  In the interim I contacted an agent and he got a 90 day extension plus a Non-O 

I have an Immigration stamp that says "Non-0 Retirement stay permit" 

2 Sept-30 Nov 2022  signed

Then I have another stamp from Immigration   Extension of stay permitted until 

30 Nov 2023          Also stamped "Retirement"

When is the 90 day report due

7 minutes ago, nana kid said:

Then I have another stamp from Immigration   Extension of stay permitted until 

30 Nov 2023          Also stamped "Retirement"

From the day the extension stamp was done.

6 minutes ago, nana kid said:

Also stamped "Retirement"

The extension stamp would have two dates on it.

One is the date the stamp was issued and another the date "admitted till".

Your 90 days would start from the date issued.

As you used an agent where did agent obtain your stamps.