2022 Updated Requirements and or Process for Extension based on Marriage

On 9/20/2022 at 9:09 AM, brianthainess said:

This is the list from Trat immigration, plus not on the list; witness must attend IO, and as stated want bank letter, statement, on the same day. 

921838780_MARRYEXPAGEI.thumb.JPG.c77f558f39614796f647df4421b2a936.JPG

745367740_MARRYEXPAGE2.thumb.JPG.15289d27297d551e7096e756a3d3f137.JPG

Thanks for this.

Interesting how TM 6 is still listed but I flew in and doesn't apply.

Anyone recently do one at CW and can confirm if a witness is needed?

@ubonjoe Quick question. Does getting our Kor 22 updated on the same day as our extension matter for CW?

And is getting it done the same day risk some issues that could arise and leave us no time to deal with it before our immigration extension appointment?

And if so, is there a amphoe near the CW immigration?

Thanks as always!.

Edited by eastcst84

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

A Kor Ror 22 does not have to updated on the day you apply. A week or so will be accepted. 

Ok, great. Thank you! Was just on an old thread and someone mentioned some scam about some immigrations needing it on the same day.

Since no one answered, do you by any chance know if witness is ever needed at CW?

Did my annual marriage extension of stay at CW the other day....about 35 days before my current extension expires....this is my 3rd marriage extension of stay at CW after doing a retirement extension of stay at CW for around a decade.  I had a mid-morning appointment so the wife and I didn't need to show up at O-dark early to stand in the l........o........n........g  queue.

Did a bank passbook update by withdrawing Bt100 at an ATM outside the Krungsri branch in the building....their passbook update machine was inoperative so I had to go into the branch to get the passbook updated...no queue in the branch....only took a minute.   The passbook which was fairly new showed about three and a half months of deposits/withdrawals with at least one deposit/withdrawal each month and with a balance of at least Bt400K during those months.    I had got the bank account verification letter the previous day at a branch near my residence....this letter took about an hour to get...the bank verification letter can be up to 7 days old with CW immigration.  

With my bank passbook now updated and updated copy put in the application package we then checked-in with immigration about 45 minutes before the appointment time with no problem.  I wasn't expecting them to accept us so early before our appointment but they did...no problem.

The Appointments Check-in/Document Reviewed desk checked my application package (only one package needed....not two like CW use to want a few year back) and had me fill out a few extra easy forms basically acknowledging the penalty of overstay, the wife is vouching for me, etc....even gave me blank copies of these forms for next year's application....first time they had done that over the years.   This process took about 10 minutes and we were then directed back to the waiting area to await the next step.

About 20 minutes before the appt time we got called-in for the package review/approval with another immigration officer....this process took about 10 minutes.  We paid the Bt1,900 application fee at this time with receipt issued.  We where then directed to go back to the waiting area again to wait for the next step.

About 5 minutes later we were called back in to see the final immigration officer who does the final package blessing and puts the under-consideration stamp in your passport....this process only took a few minutes. 

I go back in mid Oct to get the final 12 month stamp put in my passport.   The immigration officer did "not" say to bring/show my updated bank passbook when coming back to get the final stamp like in previous years but I will indeed do such as I expect it will be asked for.

The whole process within immigration, from check-in to leaving with under consideration stamp in passbook took about 30 minutes.  Heck, I spent more time driving to CW, approx 1.5 hours in horrendous traffic due to BTS construction in the CW area, than I did in the immigration office.  All three immigration officers the wife and I interfaced with were professional and smiling...said very little during their reviews...simply got their job done quick.  I'm  happy. 

Below is a partial snapshot of a checklist I've made for my use when doing my annual marriage extension of stay.  Each one of the Core docs listed below was in my package and none of immigration officers removed/discard any of them....in fact they stamped and initialed each one.   The immigration officers did not ask to see the "original" marriage certificate, wife's Book Book, or Thai ID card, BUT one officer did ask if we had the "original marriage certificate" with us and we said yes.  I know it varies a little from immigration office to office as to what docs they require but below docs have been required for my marriage extensions at CW.  I realize the TM6 Arrival/Departure card, TM30, and 90 Day Address Receipt are wildcards as to if being needed by each office....but for me at CW they have been requested so I always include them with my application package.

image.png.9be24e1d20f15cbd95d5bbed17e34f78.png

Edited by Pib
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Pib said:

Did my annual marriage extension of stay at CW the other day....about 35 days before my current extension expires....this is my 3rd marriage extension of stay at CW after doing a retirement extension of stay at CW for around a decade.  I had a mid-morning appointment so the wife and I didn't need to show up at O-dark early to stand in the l........o........n........g  queue.

Did a bank passbook update by withdrawing Bt100 at an ATM outside the Krungsri branch in the building....their passbook update machine was inoperative so I had to go into the branch to get the passbook updated...no queue in the branch....only took a minute.   The passbook which was fairly new showed about three and a half months of deposits/withdrawals with at least one deposit/withdrawal each month and with a balance of at least Bt400K during those months.    I had got the bank account verification letter the previous day at a branch near my residence....this letter took about an hour to get...the bank verification letter can be up to 7 days old with CW immigration.  

With my bank passbook now updated and updated copy put in the application package we then checked-in with immigration about 45 minutes before the appointment time with no problem.  I wasn't expecting them to accept us so early before our appointment but they did...no problem.

The Appointments Check-in/Document Reviewed desk checked my application package (only one package needed....not two like CW use to want a few year back) and had me fill out a few extra easy forms basically acknowledging the penalty of overstay, the wife is vouching for me, etc....even gave me blank copies of these forms for next year's application....first time they had done that over the years.   This process took about 10 minutes and we were then directed back to the waiting area to await the next step.

About 20 minutes before the appt time we got called-in for the package review/approval with another immigration officer....this process took about 10 minutes.  We paid the Bt1,900 application fee at this time with receipt issued.  We where then directed to go back to the waiting area again to wait for the next step.

About 5 minutes later we were called back in to see the final immigration officer who does the final package blessing and puts the under-consideration stamp in your passport....this process only took a few minutes. 

I go make in mid Oct to get the final 12 month stamp put in my passport.   The immigration officer did "not" say to bring/show my updated bank passbook when coming back to get the final stamp like in previous years but I will indeed do such as I expect it will be asked for.

The whole process within immigration, from check-in to leaving with under consideration stamp in passbook took about 30 minutes.  Heck, I spent more time driving to CW, approx 1.5 hours in horrendous traffic due to BTS construction in the CW area, than I did in the immigration office.  All three immigration officers the wife and I interfaced with were professional and smiling...said very little during their reviews...simply got their job done quick.  I'm  happy. 

Below is a partial snapshot of a checklist I've made for my use when doing my annual marriage extension of stay.  Each one of the Core docs listed below was in my package and none of immigration officers removed/discard any of them....in fact they stamped and initialed each one.   The immigration officers did not ask to see the "original" marriage certificate, wife's Book Book, or Thai ID card, BUT one officer did ask if we had the "original marriage certificate" with us and we said yes.  I know it varies a little from immigration office to office as to what docs they require but below docs have been required for my marriage extensions at CW.  I realize the TM6 Arrival/Departure card, TM30, and 90 Day Address Receipt are wildcards as to if being needed by each office....but for me at CW they have been requested so I always include them with my application package.

image.png.9be24e1d20f15cbd95d5bbed17e34f78.png

Thanks for the detailed breakdown!

• 5 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes

Sorry Joe, was on the way and not logged in on the phone. Brought the rental contract and got new photos at the complex. Thanks you @ubonjoe

Update on the process: The officer said I should have two copies of everything since it was my first time? We did not, we thought we may have to go downstairs and make duplicates for everything but she just ended up accepting anyhow. 

I am a bit confused on dates. Today is the 28th. I got the the dates to come back Nov 23-29. My question is, when am I supposed to do my first 90 day online? I took pictures of the online registration process from the post at the complex.

I originally arrived on Sept 1st.  Does the 90 day start from then or today, or the day I pick up my stamp?

Thanks for the continued info!

Edited by eastcst84

16 minutes ago, eastcst84 said:

I am a bit confused on dates. Today is the 28th. I got the the dates to come back Nov 23-29. My question is, when am I supposed to do my first 90 day online? I took pictures of the online registration process from the post at the complex.

That is the normal 30 days under consideration period.

It seems they gave you a 2 day window to return to get your extension stamp.

17 minutes ago, eastcst84 said:

I originally arrived on Sept 1st.  Does the 90 day start from then or today, or the day I pick up my stamp?

You first 90 day report is due 90 days from the day you applied for your extension.

You will need to do your first 90 day report in person or by mail. After that you can do them online.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/28/2022 at 3:38 PM, ubonjoe said:

You first 90 day report is due 90 days from the day you applied for your extension.

You will need to do your first 90 day report in person or by mail. After that you can do them online.

Hi @ubonjoe Just replying to this original posting as I am starting to prepare to go do my first 90 day in person. I looked back at this and assumed it would be October 28 was the day I applied for extension, so that would be right around now for me to go do my first 90 day. But, when I look at my actual stamp from the November 29 date when I went back to get my actual stamp extension, it states the 90 day reminder there. So now, I am a bit confused on when I should start the 90 day from my actual extension date. Appreciate your assistance as always.

On 10/28/2022 at 3:38 PM, ubonjoe said:

On 9/17/2022 at 4:53 PM, drtreelove said:

Three months is what I requested, thinking that they want to see my money in the bank for 2 months prior.  You can request any length of activity that you want for the statement.  I was told at my Bangkok Bank branch that for anything over 6 months I couldn't get it the same day, but would have to wait a week for statement in the mail. It needs to be certified, stamped multiple times and signed by the bank official. Don't print it out from your online banking. 

I just did a retirement extension in Chiang Rai. With Bangkok Bank, you can request a statement for the last 12 months via your phone app, and it is emailed to you in minutes. They helpfully told me this in the branch. I then simply printed it off and immigration accepted it.  Not certified, stamped or signed by bank officials. It is a proper statement, not an online printout. Your experience may be different.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tuvoc said:

I just did a retirement extension in Chiang Rai. With Bangkok Bank, you can request a statement for the last 12 months via your phone app, and it is emailed to you in minutes. They helpfully told me this in the branch. I then simply printed it off and immigration accepted it.  Not certified, stamped or signed by bank officials. It is a proper statement, not an online printout. Your experience may be different.

Thanks for that crossfeed.  I just used the Bangkok Bank mobile app to request 12 months statement on two of my accts....received the statement via email 1 to 2 minutes later.  Looks pretty official with Bangkok Bank letterhead, your name, unredacted acct number....but as you said no signature/stamp like you get when requesting a 12 month statement in person at your branch. 

Just for other listening in, the area in the app to request a 12 month statement is kinda buried in the app IMO....you first open your acct, then select the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner of the phone screen, then select Request Account Statement, then select the date range up to 12 months, then select an English or Thai statement and Confirm.  Within a minute or two the password protected statement arrives via email....the email tells you what the password is---it's your birthdate (pretty standard for receiving such docs).   A person can get a very similar statement using Bangkok Bank ibanking but the max time period allowed is 6 months.

Unless a person's immigration office is hard core in requiring a bank signature/stamp (which some are) then the statement should indeed satisfy an immigration office like it did  Tuvoc's Chiang Rai office.   Some immigration offices will not accept a statement received via email and not bank signed/stamped....all depends on your immigration office.