45 days visa exempt for entries from 1st Oct 2022 to 31st March 2023 - is this all official now?

45 days visa exempt for entries from 1st Oct 2022 to 31st March 2023 - is this all 100% official now so we can all rely in this to be the case for eligible countries?

Does anyone see potential problems with the below? I'm thinking of maybe doing the following:

1. 45 days + 30 days extension (mid October), then fly to another Asian country for a few days and fly back

2. 45 days + 30 days extension, then fly to another Asian country for a few days and fly back

3. 45 days + 30 days extension (prior to 31st March 2022), then fly back home.

Edited by bbi1

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Risky at best.

You should do border runs.

Potentially problem at airport when you arrive. 

Also what is previous history of stays in Thailand prior to this master plan. 

Used to be on METV a number of times pre-Covid. It's been over 2 years since I've stepped foot in Thailand.

Any issues doing just the 1st two airport entries but not doing the 3rd? Not particularly keen on doing land border crossings. Prefer to just fly out, do a few days in a neighbouring country then fly back in.

1. 45 days + 30 days extension (mid October), then fly to another Asian country for a few days and fly back

2. 45 days + 30 days extension, then fly back home.

I guess if the above is an issue then I might as well apply for a METV here in Australia, as I've done in the pre-Covid era.

10 minutes ago, onebaht said:

the extensions aren't 45 days?

45 days entry, 30 day extensions, as I've mentioned in the OP.

Edited by bbi1

4 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Used to be on METV a number of times Pre-Covid. It's been over 2 years since I've stepped foot in Thailand.

That changes things.

Yes fly in visa exempt.

Do as you plan fly out and back.

Consider staying few days out.

Places such as Saigon are ripper joints to take a brief holiday and airport close to great tourist area.

The next two I would still suggest fly out and back with tourist visa or border bounce. 

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

That changes things.

Yes fly in visa exempt.

Do as you plan fly out and back.

Consider staying few days out.

Places such as Saigon are ripper joints to take a brief holiday and airport close to great tourist area.

The next two I would still suggest fly out and back with tourist visa or border bounce. 

Yes, will spend a few days out before returning each time.

So doing the original 3 entries visa exempt via airport before 31st March 2023 should be ok, or should I stick with only doing the 2 airport entries?

7 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Yes, will spend a few days out before returning each time.

So doing the original 3 entries visa exempt via airport before 31st March 2023 should be ok, or should I stick with only doing the 2 airport entries?

We are in no mans land now.

After covid just getting back to normal.

Hard to predict attitude from repeat entries via airports using visa exempt and extensions.

Personally I would go for 2 back to back along with border bounces. 

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

We are in no mans land now.

After covid just getting back to normal.

Hard to predict attitude from repeat entries via airports using visa exempt and extensions.

Personally I would go for 2 back to back along with border bounces. 

Ok, thanks. Will stick with the 2 back to backs.

Alternative would be to enter with another passport as a dual citizen, but I guess it's not going to help now ever since they've introduced those fingerprint scanners.

Edited by bbi1

3 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Ok, thanks. Will stick with the 2 back to backs.

Alternative would be to enter with another passport as a dual citizen, but I guess it's not going to help now ever since they've introduced those fingerprint scanners.

Correct. It won't help. 

It's not just the fingerprints.

(That's easy to avoid).

Why is the border bounce such a big deal. 

Guess it depends on your location. 

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Correct. It won't help. 

It's not just the fingerprints.

(That's easy to avoid).

Why is the border bounce such a big deal. 

Guess it depends on your location. 

Not sure how people can avoid fingerprint scanners at the airport. There was no choice to avoid at BKK airport when I flew back home 2 years ago.

Never done a land border bounce before. Seemed like such a pain in the ass and and a waste of a day, especially from BKK or Pattaya. Preferred flying and spending a few days in another Asian country while doing a bit of sightseeing.

Edited by bbi1

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

Never done a land border bounce before. Seemed like such a pain in the ass and and a waste of a day, especially from BKK or Pattaya

Not all Asian countries even have visa exempt entry.

For example for me (Oz) I need a visa to enter Vietnam and all that's available is single entry tourist visa 30 days. (Not cheap) 

When things are made easy and flexible (as they are in Thailand) some folk still complain.

You mention travel and sight seeing. 

From Bangkok jump on plane to Udon Thani and stay few nights. Chill bar area.

Quick easy drive from UT to Nong Khai for your 45 day gift that has extention available. 

4 minutes ago, at15 said:

To be honest its close to 0% you will be able to pull this plan off. Even 2 you better come prepared.

Any reasons why doing the 2 airport entries (instead of 3) would be close to impossible? Were there previous reports from some people who were unable to enter recently doing 2 visa expempt entries?

25 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Any reasons why doing the 2 airport entries (instead of 3) would be close to impossible? Were there previous reports from some people who were unable to enter recently doing 2 visa expempt entries?

The person you quoted is incorrect.

As mentioned earlier more days out is better than a quick turn around.

Very easy to spend time in places such as Saigon.

Think you mentioned UK passport.

They are 15 day visa exempt for Vietnam. 

Edited by DrJack54

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The person you quoted is incorrect.

As mentioned earlier more days out is better than a quick turn around.

Very easy to spend time in places such as Saigon.

Think you mentioned UK passport.

They are 15 day visa exempt for Vietnam. 

Aussie passport. Did Ho Chi Minh before once for a few days and yep, had to get a visa. Forgot how much I paid for it.

Just now, bbi1 said:

Aussie passport. Did Ho Chi Minh before once for a few days and yep, had to get a visa. Forgot how much I paid for it.

It's eVisa now and not pleasant price. 

Previously I would obtain 3 month multi entry and do 4 visits per visa.

That visa currently not available (no idea why) only one month single entry for Oz folk. (unless business)

31 minutes ago, Caldera said:

The eVisa for Vietnam costs $25 and allows you to stay for 30 days.

Nothing like the amount I see.

I best have another look. 

From the net: 

. "The e-Visa is valid for 30 days, and single entry only. The e-Visa costs 25 USD for card payments. It requires three full working days to process."

Seems $25usd is correct.

I'm going to apply and confirm 

Edited by DrJack54

2 hours ago, bbi1 said:

It is very unlikely that a second visa exemption at the airport would be denied when you have no prior recent history as a tourist in Thailand. Trying for a third (by which time you would have been about five months in Thailand) would be a bit risky.

6 hours ago, BritTim said:

It is very unlikely that a second visa exemption at the airport would be denied when you have no prior recent history as a tourist in Thailand. Trying for a third (by which time you would have been about five months in Thailand) would be a bit risky.

Read his threads this guy is a long stay tourist for many years. Taking a break because of covid is not going to prevent him from being looked at hard.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, bbi1 said:

You misunderstood, i mean 3 is nearly impossible. 2 is probable but you may have to sweet talk your way through it a bit. I think most people stopped this perpetual exempt run by air back in 2015-2016. I have done a same day exempt run by air one time to KL, Malaysia back in 2016. I got questioned hard but was able to get in. I did get denied one time with a tourist visa in hand at DMK. Its not common though, must have been an IO having a bad day. I am a real western tourist and clean appearance but if your under 50 there are not really any other visa options imo.

Edited by at15