step counters... and water

1FinickyOne

42 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Butterfly is the hardest stroke. Harder than walking if not adding weight. Do butterfly then the 10kg drill.

Yo dude.. this is not boot camp... I am not trying to beat myself in shape in time for Rugby season... 

Simple question... is one step in the pool equal to 3 steps on land 5 steps? or more? 

2 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Yo dude.. this is not boot camp... I am not trying to beat myself in shape in time for Rugby season... 

Simple question... is one step in the pool equal to 3 steps on land 5 steps? or more? 

Texas A&M Research Laboratory has revealed that walking in water burns more calories than walking on dry land and thus, results in a greater increase in weight loss compared to when walking on dry land.28 Apr 2017
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Butterfly is the hardest stroke. Harder than walking if not adding weight. Do butterfly then the 10kg drill.

Not everybody can do the butterfly. Plus, for those of us with too much belly fat, it's almost impossible unless you've been doing it for a long time. (That's my experience). 

• Thanks 1

Lumbago prevents me from swimming too much as I can’t put my head underwater. ( eye allergies). But I do what I can and then exercises holding on the side wall which seem to do me a lot of good.  I love aqua gym but hard to find in a group so do it myself. I often get someone joining me. Think I’ll try walking in water.