Thai transfers 56,000 baht - but still doesn't get "sideline girl"

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Ekkaphop said that this was clearly a criminal gang in league with the women. He said people trying to get sex online should not send money up front. 

Erm… 

Might Ekkaphop also recommend not to pay for narcotics online ? :whistling:

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Haha 1

These after-the-fact news accounts never do justice to how sophisticated these cons can be, and always make the victim sound like an idiot.

I was conned back in college by a very sophisticated team who appeared to be completely random strangers on the street but who were actually working in concert with one another. The school newspaper got a hold of the police report I made and turned me into the campus laughing stock.

The reason this "sideline girl" scam works is because the fact that the "Line Group administrator" and the "sideline girl" are working in concert with one another is hidden from the victim, and it doesn't occur to the victim until it's too late that they are working together. The girl putting pressure on the guy to transfer money appeals to his desire to get laid and to not let the girl down. The "Line Group administrator" facade provides the legitimacy of an established entity in order to get the victim to transfer the money.

Everybody thinks they're too smart to fall for these type of scams until the day that they do.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

These after-the-fact news accounts never do justice to how sophisticated these cons can be, and always make the victim sound like an idiot.

I was conned back in college by a very sophisticated team who appeared to be completely random strangers on the street but who were actually working in concert with one another. The school newspaper got a hold of the police report I made and turned me into the campus laughing stock.

The reason this "sideline girl" scam works is because the fact that the "Line Group administrator" and the "sideline girl" are working in concert with one another is hidden from the victim, and it doesn't occur to the victim until it's too late that they are working together. The girl putting pressure on the guy to transfer money appeals to his desire to get laid and to not let the girl down. The "Line Group administrator" facade provides the legitimacy of an established entity in order to get the victim to transfer the money.

Everybody thinks they're too smart to fall for these type of scams until the day that they do.

A person would have to be naïve and rather stupid to fall  for this scam 

• Like 1

Cop in  the states booked a prostitute but she told him she had to be paid by a gift card.  Then in order to prove that he had the card she wanted him to show her.  He sent her a pic and never heard from her again.

The hundred on the card it was spent by her.  All she needed to get the money was the the number and pin which he also gave her.