boarding pass

harry94

HELP , i have just booked a flight to Bangkok with apodo . they have confirmed my flight , but could some one educate me on how i get a boarding pass ? i have tried to contact them but talking to a robot i am going round in circles .I thought they would send a boarding pass by email then i could down load it .

I am then told i could get it eight hours before my flight . it all seems rather last minute , considering i have no means of down loading . This is my first time using an App on line and it seems it is going to be my last .

I would appreciate some one pointing in the right direction .

Do you mean E-Ticket ???? or Boarding Pass ??

You can’t get a boarding pass until you’ve checked in for your flight.

With most airlines you can check in on line (usually from 72 or 48 hrs before the flight).

With some (*usually budget airlines) you have to check-in online. 

With ALL airlines you can check in at the airport and get your boarding pass (although some budget carriers may charge extra for this i.e. Ryan Air). 

Which Airline is it ? / When is the flight ???  - Give ppl the info so they can help you !

IF you have an e-ticket then there is no need to deal with Opodo... 

Go straight the carriers web-page and check-in online (but remember, most will only allow you to check-in online up to 72 hrs or 48 hrs before the flight). 

I have just talked to an agent and he said it is easy ???? i just go to airport three hours before the flight , i have a ten digit number (confirmation) do i go to check in with that ? sorry to sound a complete bufoon. i asked the agent that and kept repeating it is easy . i said riding a bike is easy when you know how .

6 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I have just talked to an agent and he said it is easy ???? i just go to airport three hours before the flight , i have a ten digit number (confirmation) do i go to check in with that ? sorry to sound a complete bufoon. i asked the agent that and kept repeating it is easy . i said riding a bike is easy when you know how .

What Airline ?

‘ten digit number’  ??? - An E-ticket is 13 digits (3 digits a dash, then 10 digits)

You should also have an air-line booking Reference code (usually 6 digits numbers and letters such as TX45HNP *example only)

With your e-ticket and surname you should be able to login to your Airline Webpage and see your confirmation. 

Or... With airline Booking Ref and surname you should be able to login to your Airline Webpage and see your confirmation. 

(Note: Airline booking reference is not to be mistaken with Opodo booking Ref). 

4 minutes ago, harry94 said:

ok i go to Thai airways check in ,show them my confirmation number and my name and they will have my details and all will be good .

Do you have an E-ticket ????

A Thai Airways ticket will start with 217-(then 10 numbers)

I don’t want to panic you, but you haven’t seen an E-ticket something is amiss. 

8 hours ago, harry94 said:

But we learned to ride a bike when we were 7 and learned the difference between a ticket and a boarding pass when we were 17. Perhaps you dont understand a ticket is isued first THEN a boarding pass. They are completely different documents and used at different stages of the journey

45 minutes ago, Dominus said:

But we learned to ride a bike when we were 7 and learned the difference between a ticket and a boarding pass when we were 17. Perhaps you dont understand a ticket is isued first THEN a boarding pass. They are completely different documents and used at different stages of the journey

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, harry94 said:

Checking in for boarding pass is 50 years old. Online check in is maybe 15 years old. Done within 24 hours.

Simply go to airline counter 2.5 hrs before flight and check in if you cannot do it online. 

The email booking should tell you this if you read it.

1 minute ago, Sparktrader said:

Checking in for boarding pass is 50 years old. Online check in is maybe 15 years old. Done within 24 hours.

Simply go to airline counter 2.5 hrs before flight and check in if you cannot do it online. 

The email booking should tell you this if you read it.