paying electricity online KK Bank

Hello,

i want to pay my monthly electricity bill online with my Kasikorn Bank account.

KK ask me for a contract account number. I see many numbers on the bill, but not a specific account number.

Should be not  more than 9 digits. I tried a few numbers but always get a note from KK "invalid number"

Can somebody please point me in the right direction where to find this contract account no?

Thank you

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Seems you have options from other posters but for MEA bills would try the top left box labeled "CA/Ref No.1" which is nine digits.  I am set up for auto payment from bank account so have never tried your method.

How do you do that? 

Do you set it up with PEA or Kasikorn? 

Do they just draw the money a couple of days after they read the meter. I don’t think I need to worry about the money going from my account, but I always forget to pay, the missus nags me, and I still don’t do it. Eventually I do, but it’s always close or past the pay by date. A standing order would be much better. 

Just now, recom273 said:

How do you do that? 

Do you set it up with PEA or Kasikorn? 

Do they just draw the money a couple of days after they read the meter. I don’t think I need to worry about the money going from my account, but I always forget to pay, the missus nags me, and I still don’t do it. Eventually I do, but it’s always close or past the pay by date. A standing order would be much better. 

Was done about 30 years ago so may be different now - had to get paperwork from MEA and take to bank - once set up payment is automatically made on due date each month.  Same system with Water and TOT/NT landline.  Probably best to ask bank as maybe they can do with just a copy of bill/your agreement these days (but perhaps that is hoping for too much).  

I get my Thai Partner to pay all the bills. Far less stressful and easier for a Thai person to pay bills.

I have even transfer my car to her name. She deals with all the Insurance, Road tax and when to get repairs done before switching Insurance company etc.

she even pays her elderly mother’s electric bill, saves her going to the office. But sometimes the scanning doesn’t work!

You can easily pay it on Lazada also with no fee's and they except foreign credit cards.

Nice for people who earn points for credit card purchases.  (Might as well get something back).

Screenshot_20220920_122301.jpg.9be37fc67b0f94fa2d33f4062bc8856d.jpg

Edited by MrJ2U

15 hours ago, sikishrory said:

From the pea app select mobile banking as payment.

It will automatically open the kasikorn app and enter the numbers in the fields automatically.

What is the correct PEA app on playstore please  sikishsory. I've only found ones that are all in Thai and seem to be aimed at PEA employees not customers. I'd really like to pay online from Bangkok Bank internet banking, not the BB mobile app rather than treck in to a 711 but I can't find PEA listed there either. Help!

5 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

What is the correct PEA app on playstore please  sikishsory. I've only found ones that are all in Thai and seem to be aimed at PEA employees not customers. I'd really like to pay online from Bangkok Bank internet banking, not the BB mobile app rather than treck in to a 711 but I can't find PEA listed there either. Help!

This is the correct application.

Screenshot_2022-09-20-22-25-17-945_com.android.vending.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, biervoormij said:

I have installed this app but having a issue with the profile wanting a Identification Number and will not accept my Passport Number. Is it possible to use this app if you don't have a pink ID card?

Have you got a vaccination 13 digit number? if so try that

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, biervoormij said:

I have installed this app but having a issue with the profile wanting a Identification Number and will not accept my Passport Number. Is it possible to use this app if you don't have a pink ID card?

You can use any "valid" Thai ID number (I used the wife's), but there are a couple of apps that will create random Thai IDs with the correct check digit (nothing is checked by the PEA system). But don't lose or forget the ID number you used.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

You can use any "valid" Thai ID number (I used the wife's), but there are a couple of apps that will create random Thai IDs with the correct check digit (nothing is checked by the PEA system). But don't lose or forget the ID number you used.

Thanks for the advice. It got me past the ID number and then had other problems. I just went to the PEA office and seems I had the wrong app. When I got the correct app my passport number worked and the PEA people did all the rest in setting up the app for me. I now just need to see if I can pay online at the first of the month.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, biervoormij said:

I'm still using ex wifes id card number combined with my phone number. 

It's a pretty loose set up.

• Like 1