Cheese Etiquette!

highchol

I bought a camembert cheese in carrefour yesterday. My wife asked me "do I eat it wth the outside ( rind ) on or off".

I said "up to you" :D

I do eat the rind because removing it, I find is abit fiddley and also wasteful! :o

What do you do, prefer?

I have never taken the rind off camembert or any other cheese; only the red stuff on the gouda or trimming mould off cheddar.

If the stuff is red than it is no Gouda, maybe Edam. :D

OK. Geez. I thought they say baby gouda on the packs. My apologies to the Dutch nation and thanks for the correction, Erwin. :o

When I first ventured outside of my cheese comfort zone of cheddar and dairylea I used to fastidiously ream out the cheese from the rinds. This was made easier by not bringing it to room temperature first :D and discard the rind. Now I whack it all in thank you very much. I actually just got some brie from TOPS after I had the joy of purchasing a packet of high baked water biscuits. :o

Most cheese rinds are edible. The plastic covering around some cheeses is akin to packaging - discard it!

Also very important with most cheeses is to remove them from the fridge 20+ mins before eating, improves the taste no end.

Most cheese rinds are edible. The plastic covering around some cheeses is akin to packaging - discard it!

Also very important with most cheeses is to remove them from the fridge 20+ mins before eating, improves the taste no end.

I agree .

I believe it is more hygenic to keep the rind on until ,just before eating.

Suegha's tip is not only worthwhile in taste,but also maintains the ratio of warm/cold bacteria .

Enjoy !

:o Wiley Coyote