26 Luxury Cars Stolen In UK And Sold As New Vehicles In Thailand Seized

webfact

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The cars owners must be really pleased that they are going to get their cars back.............................from.............the Thai..............authorities :post-4641-1156694572:

Yes, I imagine the demand for the return of lots of dosh from the spent insurance company may well come as a nice surprise 

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

The UK owners probably already got compensated by the insurance companies, so it's the insurance companies that will bet the cars back, however. it's alarming how easy nowadays to steal a marque car fool the UK customs, ship it out, fool (bribe?) the Thai customs and sold in Thailand legally... 

The cars will be staying here ,not back to U.K. where they will be classified as stolen recovered (diminished value).As you say they are the insurers property and a deal will be done by them with whoever possesses them now for compensation,or they’ll be resold here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Justtaste said:

So how these cars really left from UK without customs being aware there????? Someone please help me with answers ????

Oh my ... you're not implying the UK has just as much corruption as TH ????

Say it's not so, it simply can't be ... ????

God save the Queen ... oops, I mean King

• Like 1

So what is the law here in Thailand as it applies to this - 

From the linked article -

Regarding the nine remaining cars, DSI informed eight buyers last month that they had purchased a stolen vehicle and to return them. However they refused to do so while the ninth buyer cannot yet be contacted.

Will we ever hear any follow up on these 9 vehicles.....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

The UK owners probably already got compensated by the insurance companies, so it's the insurance companies that will bet the cars back, however. it's alarming how easy nowadays to steal a marque car fool the UK customs, ship it out, fool (bribe?) the Thai customs and sold in Thailand legally... 

I don’t believe you can legally sell a stolen vehicle. That means the buyer loses but of course will sue the dealer.

What puzzles me is how they could sell the stolen cars as new.

Were they brand new cars stolen before sale in the UK?  Or second hand cars sold as new? That must have required some work and replacement parts to hide that they were used.

There must be some p****d off Thai owners having paid for, and having confiscated their 'new' pride and joy. That is of course, if they were not aware of what was happening.

1 hour ago, topt said:

So what is the law here in Thailand as it applies to this - 

From the linked article -

Will we ever hear any follow up on these 9 vehicles.....

Those outstanding stolen vehicles will now no doubt be in Laos, Cambodia or China !! 

image.jpeg

Justice Minister Somsak Thepsutin pointing to the Lamborghini logo

After the press conference Somsak accompanied by Traiyarit test-drove a green Lamborghini

Don't hit any ornamental lamp posts on your joy ride...

Edited by klauskunkel
  • Haha 1