26 Luxury Cars Stolen In UK And Sold As New Vehicles In Thailand Seized

webfact

5 hours ago, mrfill said:

1. Crate up car

2. Place crate in container

3. Declare contents of container as automotive parts.

Customs cannot physically check every container - Felixstowe handles over 11000 a day..

did you ever heard about containers being scanned before bill of lading being issued

5 hours ago, mrfill said:

1. Crate up car

Customs cannot physically check every container - Felixstowe handles over 11000 a day..

According to the article the cars were flown, repeat flown, to Singapore, then shipped to Thsiland.

6 hours ago, Justtaste said:

So how these cars really left from UK without customs being aware there????? Someone please help me with answers ????

this can only happen if agents on both sides are in the "sting"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Justtaste said:

So how these cars really left from UK without customs being aware there????? Someone please help me with answers ????

So easy, I worked 41 years on port of Antwerp, car stolen in Netherlands at night went on ship day after, police came just in time because car have tracker.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mrfill said:

1. Crate up car

that could have been true some years ago but not in the current days, the "sting" worked for some time because culprits on both sides.... until somebody may questioned the take $$$$ and it blow up

5 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

According to the article the cars were flown, repeat flown, to Singapore, then shipped to Thsiland.

then more people involved in the sting thus more possibility of discordance with the cut $$$ and it blow up

9 hours ago, webfact said:

succeeded in seizing 26 luxury vehicles stolen in the UK then sent to Thailand with fake documents stating they were new after which they were sold at showrooms here.

Wax on wax off... must have been an immaculate detail job to sell a used car as a new one.

9 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The cars owners must be really pleased that they are going to get their cars back.............................from.............the Thai..............authorities :post-4641-1156694572:

I wonder how the Thai owners feel having to give-up their prize possession, and try to get compensation from someone?

3 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

image.jpeg

Justice Minister Somsak Thepsutin pointing to the Lamborghini logo

After the press conference Somsak accompanied by Traiyarit test-drove a green Lamborghini

Don't hit any ornamental lamp posts on your joy ride...

I've ordered mine in red says minister 

3 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

The illegal trade would slow down rapidly if the Thai authorities reduced excise and tax duties on imported vehicles.

I'd say some senior Thai customs officials will be shredding evidence at the moment.

They won't reduce tax on imported vehicles. Hi-sos will pay whatever theyy need to for a show-off car and it's o ne way of getting some tax money from them.

Just a shame it limits the choice of regular, non-luxury vehicles.

9 hours ago, Justtaste said:

It's not a new thing in the eighties they were stealing luxury cars to send abroad and shipping them from the UK from the port of Tyne. All were bound for the middle East

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, waxon said:

It took RTP 5 years to find them. Isn’t there a statute of limitations for GTA?

“…then sent to Thailand with fake documents stating they were new…“ Must of been pretty good forgeries to fool the experts at Customs. 

Indeed! ;-)))

10 hours ago, mrfill said:

1. Crate up car

True, they can only physically spot check a very small percentage of containers. As long as the paperwork gets past the customs agent with no red flags its unlikely to get inspected. The risk factor is all about the quality of the documents.

11 hours ago, Justtaste said:

I really do feel sorry for people who can't read - unless of course it's an attempt at sarcasm or humour? :-

"..............stolen in the UK then sent to Thailand with fake documents stating they were new after which they were sold at showrooms here.

3 hours ago, sambum said:

I really do feel sorry for people who can't read - unless of course it's an attempt at sarcasm or humour? :-

"..............stolen in the UK then sent to Thailand with fake documents stating they were new after which they were sold at showrooms here.

Try have some rest, you look stressful 

16 hours ago, mrfill said:

1. Crate up car

Thanks for tbe reply,  they are very professionals, but notwithstanding i guess customs get some tips????

Same deal in Australia, vehicles stolen and shipped out in containers to various places around the world at around 70 per week (40% of those stolen).  It's a global problem run by several organised criminal syndicates.  

No surprise Thailand criminals involved.  Lots and lots of unexplained wealth here.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sambum said:

it's pretty easy to work out if a car is new or not.