Are French citizens allowed to visit Vietnam for up to 15 days without a visa (September 2022)?

user70

On one side,  on https://www.vietnam-evisa.org/, I read that citizens from France will be allowed to visit Vietnam for up to 15 days without a visa regardless of passport type and entry purpose

The Vietnam Government on Tuesday (Mar, 15, 2022) agreed to resume its unilateral visa exemption policy for citizens from 13 countries as Vietnam seeks to reopen inbound tourism after nearly two years of closure.

Citizens from Belarus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Norway, Russia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, and the U.K. will be allowed to visit Vietnam for up to 15 days without a visa regardless of passport type and entry purpose.

On one other side, in June 2022 I was told by an airline employee in BKK that I need a visa to enter Vietnam.

So I'm confused. Are French citizens allowed to visit Vietnam for up to 15 days without a visa (September 2022)? I'm ideally looking for some official source or someone with similar experience.

Edited by user70

• 2 weeks later...

I can give you my first hand experience on 21st sept with my UK passport, flying from BKK to Danang... no visa required and was given 15 days.

You didnt say which airline, but I flew with VietJet. They did ask about my plan to leave vietnam, which i said would be by bus, no problem.