Financial Requirements for Family Visa for Spouse (UK)

Hi,

I am going through the application form for my family visa for my wife to stay in the UK. The financial requirements for this visa i was told £18,600 per year, with proof of salary 6 months salary slips. However, there is this tick box with the following statement on the application:

"Payslips covering any period of salaried employment (current and previous) in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application"

Again i thought you had to provided 6 months salary slips!!! Can anyone ellaborate on this?

Edited by Steps

What is the Schengen visa requirements? I want to sponsor a Lao passport holder for a Schengen visa to visit Slovenia for one week. How much the sponsor is responsible if the person becomes illegal by not leaving the Schengen area? I have a US passport sponsoring a Lao passport holder for a Schengen visa. The goal is to travel from Slovenia to Paris and get  lost in Paris in Lao community. 

2 hours ago, Onerak said:

What is the Schengen visa requirements? I want to sponsor a Lao passport holder for a Schengen visa to visit Slovenia for one week. How much the sponsor is responsible if the person becomes illegal by not leaving the Schengen area? I have a US passport sponsoring a Lao passport holder for a Schengen visa. The goal is to travel from Slovenia to Paris and get  lost in Paris in Lao community. 

I recommend you start your own thread, rather than hijack this one.

• Like 2

My Thai wife, just got her citizenship - her British passport delivered last week !

Does this cover it: ( https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence )

2. In respect of salaried employment in the UK (except where paragraph 9 applies), all of the following evidence must be provided:

1. (a) Payslips covering:
    1. (i) a period of 6 months prior to the date of application if the person has been employed by their current employer for at least 6 months (and where paragraph 13(b) of this Appendix does not apply); or
    2. (ii) any period of salaried employment in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application if the person has been employed by their current employer for less than 6 months (or at least 6 months but the person does not rely on paragraph 13(a) of this Appendix), or in the financial year(s) relied upon by a self-employed person.

I know how daunting those forms seem ????

Hope it all goes well.

The missus kept a record of most things re requirements and timelines.

We went via Croydon(London).