No More Antigen Tests Required on Visitors

snoop1130

1663752393_781726-tnamcot-768x402.jpg

BANGKOK, Sept 22 (TNA) – Visitors will not have to undergo antigen tests or show their vaccination evidence when health authorities redefine COVID-19 as a communicable disease under surveillance on Oct 1.

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said the National Communicable Disease Committee resolved to consider COVID-19 as a communicable disease under surveillance instead of a dangerous communicable disease. Officials concerned in all provinces would adjust their action plans and measures related to COVID-19 accordingly, he said.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1022871

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2022-09-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

40 minutes ago, anrcaccount said:

So, when do they come out and state there's no need for healthy members of the public to mask up anymore?

They already did that, the people are now only wearing masks if they want to.

It does seem that the vast majority of people are choosing to wear masks though.

33 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I've noticed a change in the last few days.  Normally in Tops my wife and I are the only non-mask wearers.  Today we were joined by at least 20 Thais.  Hopefully, the trend will continue!

I'm sure it will continue but I guess Thais are a little more cautious than Europe or the US.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, anrcaccount said:

So, when do they come out and state there's no need for healthy members of the public to mask up anymore?

There is no requirement for people to wear masks in public places as far as I know here in Thailand. It is voluntary. 

21 hours ago, jacko45k said:

There is no requirement for people to wear masks in public places as far as I know here in Thailand. It is voluntary. 

I understand that.

But the health authorities need to come out, do their job and tell the public there's no need for healthy people to wear face masks everywhere, anymore.

They are only needed for the vulnerable and those actually with Covid.

That's actual public health advice.

If this doesn't change Thailand will find itself immensely out of step within the rest of the world. 

1 hour ago, anrcaccount said:

But the health authorities need to come out, do their job and tell the public there's no need for healthy people to wear face masks everywhere, anymore.

Why, are they overall detrimental to health or beneficial?

There you go again trying to mislead, NOBODY is telling people to wear them EVERYWHERE as you just wrote. 

Be honest.

On 9/22/2022 at 9:28 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

I've noticed a change in the last few days.  Normally in Tops my wife and I are the only non-mask wearers.  Today we were joined by at least 20 Thais.  Hopefully, the trend will continue!

Great to see.

It will continue, this is the beginning of the end of the mass masking in Thailand.