Korat Immigration report yearly extension ( Brit) Fri 23 Sept.

norfolkandchance

Arrived at 1000 after collecting the bank letter. At Immigration, got directed to a building to the right of the main building. About half a dozen people filling out forms with the help of one volunteer. He checked all my docs then said I needed a Resident Certificate. Got that from another office (no charge). Then joined the queue to have then rechecked. Lady spent 15 mins going through docs. She was not interested in the bank book details but concentrated on the yearly statements. I was then given the statements and told to underline in pencil the monthly transfers. She then asked, where did the money for the transfers come from! I showed her the Wise transfers, Gov UK pensions 22-23 and UK bank account statements. She then added up my pensions and converted them from GBP to Baht. That took another 15 mins. Finally given a queue number for the main building. Waited 15 mins before number called. Process took 30 mins to get my stamps. The queue was stopped at 1140 for those waiting outside and told to come back at 1300. I finished at 1200. 2 hours in total.

2 hours doesn’t sound to long. I’d hate to go there if it was busy. Would I do it again. Probably not. I might go the agent route next year and cut out the hassle or revert back to Visa Exempt.

Rule No 1. Expect the Unexpected.

Cheers

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...