Pound slumps to all-time low against dollar

webfact

16 hours ago, Advocate said:

Germany has a positive trade balance of ~$274 billion. There are many non-Western countries with positive trade balance.

German trade balance pushed into deficit as exports fall

In total, Germany exported goods worth €125.8bn and imported goods worth £126.7bn, giving it a trade deficit of €1.0bn compared

https://www.sharecast.com/news/international-economic/german-trade-balance-pushed-into-deficit-as-exports-fall--10111888.html

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/27/2022 at 3:08 AM, realfunster said:

It's a shame Blair, as the most successful Labour leader of the last 50 years, ultimately left a tarnished legacy of himself and his party for the longer-term, which ironically, in cannibalistic fashion, was gleefully supported, rather than rebutted, by certain elements of the Labour Party.

I was working for the NHS in London during the Blair years and with two huge majority election successes he could have done wonderful things for Britain, but he blew it entirely with his unconditional support for GW Bush in the Iraq war.

I felt quite sad that the British public was so ill served  when it could have been brilliant instead.

Of course, things were not helped by Gordon wasting 6 billion quid by giving it to the NHS, apparently without oversight to ensure it was spent to improve the service.

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

German trade balance pushed into deficit as exports fall

In total, Germany exported goods worth €125.8bn and imported goods worth £126.7bn, giving it a trade deficit of €1.0bn compared

https://www.sharecast.com/news/international-economic/german-trade-balance-pushed-into-deficit-as-exports-fall--10111888.html

Whataboutary.

Nobody in the UK struggling to afford regular meals, pay bills or keep a roof over their head gives a fig about Germany.

15 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Indeed. With such a huge majority and feel good feeling after the Tory years he had a fantastic opportunity. 

I voted for him and really felt like something magical was about to happen. I remember the celebration party at Uni, Oasis/Blur etc. blaring out, everyone elated that Labour had ousted the Tories.

Then he teamed up with Bush for the illegal war based on WMD lies to sacrifice the lives of British soldiers to destabilise the Middle East for his own personal ambitions. 

To say I was disappointed would be a huge understatement. It really opened my eyes to the hypocrisy and lies of the left and Labour in particular.

Never again.

Did you bother to check which MPs voted to support that war and which voted against?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Parliamentary_approval_for_the_invasion_of_Iraq

Paul Krugman, the economist who was the pioneer in studying currency crises and has condemned the Truss economic policy, actually believes that the pound isn't in danger of collapsing. And he wrote this before the pound's recovery. Here is a link to his tweets on the subject

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Whataboutary.

Nobody in the UK struggling to afford regular meals, pay bills or keep a roof over their head gives a fig about Germany.

Advocate posted some out of date incorrect info and I replied with the correct up date  info , so, not "whataboutary" at all 

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Whataboutary.

Such is life, the same can happen in any country, and it has, the UK is no different, though you seem to think it is only the UK....WRONG.....????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Did you bother to check which MPs voted to support that war and which voted against?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Parliamentary_approval_for_the_invasion_of_Iraq

Under the direction of the leader at the time, with his input from Mr. Bush.

Of course we now know that your Tony was BS-ing, it was the Labour leader with all the back-room info laying it on the line, pointless you trying to move the goal posts in to your favour.............

• Like 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Paul Krugman, the economist who was the pioneer in studying currency crises and has condemned the Truss economic policy, actually believes that the pound isn't in danger of collapsing. And he wrote this before the pound's recovery. Here is a link to his tweets on the subject

Is he British.....?

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

It may come as a surprsie to youo to learn that not all winners of the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economics are British.

Nobel Prize winner, I wasn't asking about his medals, I asked if he was British...Oh, never mind..............????

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m sticking to topic, Sterling being the currency of the UK.

I was replying to your link post........................Now come on...........????

Edited by transam

24 minutes ago, transam said:

Such is life, the same can happen in any country, and it has, the UK is no different, though you seem to think it is only the UK....WRONG.....????

Read the op, it is only the UK 

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Will you doubt his conclusions if he's not British?

Probably....

I have been told it is a "British" thread, seems my posts are not 100% British stuff. So yes, I will ignore outside blagg from others on the subject...  ????

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, I already saw it , although I didn't bother opening it and reading it and I wont be opening or reading it now that you've posted a link to it 

Sure, ignore and hope it goes away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1