Pattaya border run

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Here is one for Pattaya mentioned in a recent topic. https://visa-run.com/en/

That one cost 4000Bt Joe, Isn't that over expensive? I used to pay 2000Bt for the same service only a few years ago.

Seems this visa run company are using the pandemic and the Ukraine situation to up their profits.

14 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

That one cost 4000Bt Joe, Isn't that over expensive? I used to pay 2000Bt for the same service only a few years ago.

Seems this visa run company are using the pandemic and the Ukraine situation to up their profits.

Dit the 2000 baht price include the visa for Cambodia a ATK test and etc.

You also have to remember that the cost of fuel for the vans has gone up.

You cannot really compare a few years ago with today.

I am not promoting that company just providing info for people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/26/2022 at 4:56 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Try Maneerat, Soi Post Office 13\2, they used to do 4 minibuses pre covid, not sure if they've re-started

i asked this company, they said they dont do it. They gave another contact so I will see what he says. If not then could try Ubon Joe's link.

• Like 1

rent a car, (1,000- 1, 500 baht) gas apx 1,000 baht, Cambodian visa $30, (1, 500 baht if u pay in Baht) 
Pong Nam Ron border crossing, there an back in around 8 hours with stops ( apx 450 kms) 
you do the math
if you can split it with one other.......

• Like 2

22 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

Five Star does a pretty good job, I think they're at Queen Victoria maybe soi 6?  A friend did cambodia a few days ago, said everything went smooth.

"Your friend" apparently lied to you. I just went there today, they said they don't do visa runs anymore, their email doesn't even exist anymore.

So much misinformation on this forum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, timoti said:

"Your friend" apparently lied to you. I just went there today, they said they don't do visa runs anymore, their email doesn't even exist anymore.

So much misinformation on this forum.

1st class operate from the queen vic, maybe the poster was confused re five star - http://www.1stclassvisaruns.com/

if i was doing it i would drive myself to pong name ron/ban pakard, someone posted that on the 8th Aug they were charging 2700 at the border, so the 4000thb as posted by ubonjoe seems ok see here for other thread - 

Edited by steve187
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, steve187 said:

1st class operate from the queen vic, maybe the poster was confused re five star - http://www.1stclassvisaruns.com/

if i was doing it i would drive myself to pong name ron/ban pakard, someone posted that on the 8th Aug they were charging 2700 at the border, so the 4000thb as posted by ubonjoe seems ok see here for other thread - 

I saw that post about someone willing, without complaint, to hand over 2,700 baht to a scammer. I did not regard it as an accurate reflection of what you can expect to pay if doing the in/out yourself. On top of the US$30 for the Cambodian visa, I would not expect to pay more than 500 baht at the most in bribes, and would hope to pay nothing extra for the visa and 100-200 baht for same day return.

17 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I saw that post about someone willing, without complaint, to hand over 2,700 baht to a scammer. I did not regard it as an accurate reflection of what you can expect to pay if doing the in/out yourself. On top of the US$30 for the Cambodian visa, I would not expect to pay more than 500 baht at the most in bribes, and would hope to pay nothing extra for the visa and 100-200 baht for same day return.

i did post that if i was doing it i would drive there myself, and also avoid the 'agents' fee, but without your own vehicle and having to hire a car or car and driver, the costs are starting to rise, car hire, fuel and Cambodian visa would come to 3,000 ish baht plus any back handers that are required, so i think that the link that ubonjoe posted and at 4,000 would not, at this present time for an effortless trip, be too over the top, this is the price that people have to pay to either stay long term in Thailand by repeated visa exempt entries, or to change visa class to something  better for them.

i in the past used ban pakard/ pong nam ron for reentry stamps for a multi entry non imm 'O' visa, i think then the cost for DIY were under 2,000thb, and a mini bus from Pattaya under 3000thb but i could be wrong

• Like 1

A post containing a link to Pattaya Mail has been removed that is not allowed.

Forum Rule

16. The Bangkok Post and the Pattaya Mail do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on ASEAN NOW. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Pattaya Mail publications will be deleted from the forum. These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not by ASEAN NOW. In rare cases, forum administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

On 9/28/2022 at 7:57 AM, zzzzz said:

rent a car, (1,000- 1, 500 baht) gas apx 1,000 baht, Cambodian visa $30, (1, 500 baht if u pay in Baht) 
Pong Nam Ron border crossing, there an back in around 8 hours with stops ( apx 450 kms) 
you do the math
if you can split it with one other.......

And miss the experience of a minibus ride to the border... ???? 

On 9/30/2022 at 1:54 PM, BritTim said:

Just did the Cambodian visa run a couple of weeks ago with my own vehicle, if you want to do an in an out on the same day it is 2700 baht, if you don't want to spend that much you will have to stay overnight 

6 hours ago, flexomike said:

Just did the Cambodian visa run a couple of weeks ago with my own vehicle, if you want to do an in an out on the same day it is 2700 baht, if you don't want to spend that much you will have to stay overnight 

How much of that did you pay when buying the Cambodian visa on arrival, and how much in a bribe when stamping out of Cambodia to return the same day?

Or, did you pay an agent on the Thai side who assured you that you could not walk across to the Cambodian side yourself?

7 hours ago, flexomike said:

which crossing was that please

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

How much of that did you pay when buying the Cambodian visa on arrival, and how much in a bribe when stamping out of Cambodia to return the same day?

Or, did you pay an agent on the Thai side who assured you that you could not walk across to the Cambodian side yourself?

I let one of the girls at the Cambodian Immigration office take care of everything, I know when I did it five years ago I only paid 300 baht over the visa fee for an in an out, so yes 2700 baht was a lot more, could I have just gotten a visa and tried to go across and come back on the same day, maybe I don't know for sure, wasn't going to argue with them, just wanted to get it done with no hassle, only doing it to get my OA cancelled, next day I went to Immigration and applied for an O Visa, was supposed to get approval today, October 3rd, called them to make sure it was ready and they said call back in the afternoon which I will do shortly