400k bahts seasonning : 2 months or 3 months ?

Getting conflicting infos about marriage extension yearly renewal bank requirements:

Some says the 400k only needs to sleep for 2 months prior to renewal, but some now says 3 months.

Would be great if anyone could confirm one or the other.

Cheers.

PS: This is only my 3rd year renewal

2 months prior.

Note that you are best advised to keep funds in account for under consideration period, so money ends up approx 3 months in total.

2 months prior to day of application and approx one month post. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, morphem said:

Thanks a lot for the infos DrJack

I usually do mine 30-45 days before they stay until date. Then under consideration / pick up date usually a month after stay until. I always make sure funds in the bank when I return to pick the visa up but never been asked to show my bank book on pick up in 7 years. I think my missus actually called them this year and they said no longer a requirement. Could only be my office of course. This year they called me 3 weeks before under advisement / pick up date and told me I could pick up whenever I like. I would put it this way. If you have the funds leave them in their until pick up...if not you should be ok. Best call ur IO ask them or let guys here know ur particular office and they may share their experience. I find the longer I have my visa the easier it is and the less they scruitinize me. All formality

Edited by Kenny202
  • Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

I usually do mine 30-45 days before they stay until date. Then under consideration / pick up date usually a month after stay until. I always make sure funds in the bank when I return to pick the visa up but never been asked to show my bank book on pick up in 7 years. I think my missus actually called them this year and they said no longer a requirement. Could only be my office of course. This year they called me 3 weeks before under advisement / pick up date and told me I could pick up whenever I like. I would put it this way. If you have the funds leave them in their until pick up...if not you should be ok. Best call ur IO ask them or let guys here know ur particular office and they may share their experience. I find the longer I have my visa the easier it is and the less they scruitinize me. All formality

I agree entirely. 

My immigration office at Pathum Thani never ask about the 400K when I go for the stamp after 1 month "under consideration " period. 

But I do get the bank to print out 3 months of prior statements at application time. 

As Dr Jack says (often) it is  probably wise to just keep it there until you get the 1yr extension stamp.

As always,  it depends on the office you're dealing.g with. 

1 minute ago, orchidfan said:

As always,  it depends on the office you're dealing.g with.

Exactly.

Do recall reports of receiving a warning when going for final stamp and money was checked and not 400k in account. 

Cannot recall  someone being refused the final stamp for not having kept the 400k during the under consideration period.

For those not sure best to ask their immigration office. 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Exactly.

Do recall reports of receiving a warning when going for final stamp and money was checked and not 400k in account. 

Cannot recall  someone being refused the final stamp for not having kept the 400k during the under consideration period.

I seem to remember them telling my missus...they told her "why need check money bank, visa (extension) already finish" lol. Which is sort of correct when you think about it. If they check your money after you have waited the under advisement period and go to pick up the visa and had a big issue with it they would have to cancel your visa. I doubt they would go to the trouble....and where does it say you need to have money in the bank right up until the under advisement / pick up date?....which is usually a month after your extension expires? I can understand if you need money in the bank right up until the day your extension expires....but past that I don't understand nor have I seen a requirement to that effect.

of course it is always "up to them" (IO office) but does anyone have any insight on this?

Edited by Kenny202

9 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

I seem to remember them telling my missus...they told her "why need check money bank, visa (extension) already finish" lol. Which is sort of correct when you think about it. If they check your money after you have waited the under advisement period and go to pick up the visa and had a big issue with it they would have to cancel your visa. I doubt they would go to the trouble....and where does it say you need to have money in the bank right up until the under advisement / pick up date?....which is usually a month after your extension expires? I can understand if you need money in the bank right up until the day your extension expires....but past that I don't understand nor have I seen a requirement to that effect.

of course it is always "up to them" (IO office) but does anyone have any insight on this?

I started a thread today on this. At CW they asked to see my updated bank book when picking up the one year stamp. I always had it ready but this was the first time I've been asked.

On 9/27/2022 at 9:53 AM, DrJack54 said:

Exactly.

Good advice Dr J

Even though my immigration office don't seem to care, I just leave it there anyway.