Trouble With Bangkok Bank Credit Card.

I'm on my 3rd Mastercard ATM card with them in as many months.

First fiasco was the card flat out stopped working. Cost me 100 Baht to replace it.

NEXTt fiasco was the card started saying my long term hePIN was incorrect, and the ATM confiscated my card(!). Back at the local branch we verified my PIN was correct(!) so no charge, but no explanation for the f up, either.

Today... with the brand new replacement card, wouldn't work at one store (said contact bank) but then later worked at an ATM, then Burger King, then Villa Market just fine.

I've gotten to just expect the card to MAYBE work... 50% of the time now, which s*cks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MrMuddle said:

I got a twelve month Bank statement from Bangkok Bank,  as I thought Immigration needed it, good thing they didn't ask for it, as the Bank got my address wrong! I was told it would take week to rectify it. 

In SCB, your address can be changed/updated from the app itself.

Requires your phone and 3 minutes of your time.

2 hours ago, MrMuddle said:

I got a twelve month Bank statement from Bangkok Bank,  as I thought Immigration needed it, good thing they didn't ask for it, as the Bank got my address wrong! I was told it would take week to rectify it. 

Yep, branches not smart enough to do that, only the elite work in head office in Bangkok smart enough.

5 hours ago, transam said:

Go to your local BKK bank and tell them you lost the card, or an ATM took it, they will give you a new one, see how that goes...????

I am not 100% sure but I think they require police report. Don't believe customer must be from police who know nothing and do nothing to believe.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Been with Bangkok Bank for 10 years, and I have zero complaints. Joints account, Saving   account, FCD/USD, FCD/CHF, Debits cards, Credit  card and of course eBanking. Really 100% satisfaction.

Lucky for you.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sophon said:

He is not the only one. I have accounts in Bangkok Bank, SCB, Krung Thai Bank, Kasikorn Bank and Krungsri Bank and Bangkok Bank has by far the best service. 

Originally BB had good service but has gone downhill last couple of years with obtaining letters for immigration and credit cards. I am so fed up with immigration letter service I pay agent to do it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

Originally BB had good service but has gone downhill last couple of years with obtaining letters for immigration and credit cards. I am so fed up with immigration letter service I pay agent to do it.

One thing you have to keep in mind is that the level of service can vary from one agency to the other. But I can assure  you that I (we *) receive or have received stellar service from the Bangkok Bank agencies at Buriram Robinson, downtown Buriram, BigC Buriram and the one  near the (former?) Kap Choeng immigration office.

* I always have my wife with me. Our level of deposits varies from 4M to 1.5M, so a lot less than their bigger clients.

Edited by Boomer6969

2 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

One thing you have to keep in mind is that the level of service can vary from one agency to the other. But I can assure  you that I (we *) receive or have received stellar service from the Bangkok Bank agencies at Buriram Robinson, downtown Buriram, BigC Buriram and the one  near the (former?) Kap Choeng immigration office.

* I always have my wife with me. Our level of deposits varies from 4M to 1.5M, so a lot less than their bigger clients.

Service is province oriented, I believe.

For many years Robinsons had all the major Thai banks up here in Sakon Nakhon until recently!

BB closed their store and took away their atms 555

I asked the young lady of the house why they would do that, she replied not enough customers !

So now I have to go into the city were they have two store front locations within 1 km of each other.

I asked the branch mgr if they plan on putting a atm machine back in the mall he said no .555!

Why not , 

Its a very busy mall ! I said

He just looked puzzled .

Did you understand my question!

He asked ,What is a mall!

I left it at that.

18 hours ago, Dazinoz said:
On 9/27/2022 at 4:28 PM, transam said:

Go to your local BKK bank and tell them you lost the card, or an ATM took it, they will give you a new one, see how that goes...????

I am not 100% sure but I think they require police report. Don't believe customer must be from police who know nothing and do nothing to believe.

All he has to do is damage the card, bend it, cut part of it with scissors, much easier than reporting it lost.   Retained by an ATM doesn't require a police report.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1