Evisa

I have had my eMETV approved, but I am wondering how this works. Does the Thai Consulate (in LA) forward the approval to Thai immigration in Bangkok so when I get to the immigration booth they will have the approval, or do I need to take a copy of the approval with me? I will be entering Thailand on October 3.

Thank you.

3 hours ago, dlvinthai said:

or do I need to take a copy of the approval with me?

You will need a copy, firstly to check in at the airport or they may assume you are going visa exempt.

Guy checking me in at LHR only looked at my passport and then started quizzing me about how long I was staying. I pointed out the piece of paper in my passport and he had to call someone, never heard of an E-visa.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

You will need a copy, firstly to check in at the airport or they may assume you are going visa exempt.

Guy checking me in at LHR only looked at my passport and then started quizzing me about how long I was staying. I pointed out the piece of paper in my passport and he had to call someone, never heard of an E-visa.

Which airline did you fly with from LHR?

I applied for 60 day tourist evisa from London last Friday and I got a successful email the following Tuesday morning. ( This week )

It contains a PDF to print out ( same as the evisa site)

Cost was £30

Edited by Pmbkk
  • Like 2