How many full weeks of school are your kids getting?

Kenny202

We made the choice to put our kids in public school. Private was just going to be untenable for us long term. Is a good city school though and cost us quite a large "joiner fee" to get them enrolled there. Our 2 kids 6yo and we plan to go private in their high school years.

I reckon this term I could count the amount of full weeks they have attended school on a few fingers. Between the constant public holidays and teachers meetings etc where they shut the school for the day or a couple of days. I reckon last 6 weeks they would have done 1 full week. A couple of supposed meetings, a meeting to discuss Scouts...school shut for 2 days hosting a regional Art thing or something. Then there were the plethora of public holidays before this. You would think after 2 or 2.5 years off with Covid they would be trying to catch up? Must be frustrating for people going to work who don't have family to take care of the kids. Tomorrow (Thursday) another day off / Teachers meeting and a message may as well not come on Friday, won't be doing much as last day of term lol. Then a month or so holidays. I am constantly drumming into my kids plan on a career teaching in the future. Must be the holy grail of jobs for Thai people. 

Does everyone experience the same thing or is it just our school? Seems to be no interest in increasing the standard of education here....or maybe that's the plan. Mushroom programming......