Putting objects in the road to stop people parking is illegal, govt warns

webfact

2 hours ago, Morakot said:

That's a little bit ungrateful. There's a kind soul who decided to look after your car while you were away.

They nicely cordoned it off by placing protection and signage around it, so no one would bump into it.

What you do you do in return? Mowing everything down, instead of being happy. ????

Thais are uncivilised don't you know, aseannow told me so. They need to be taught The Rules and who better to do that than Wise Uncle Farang? 

My wife has a small shop with parking in the front for about 4 scooters. About 8 feet in from the street And some side parking for her scooter and mine. Many times cars or pickups want to park blocking customers from parking or leaving.  They ask sometimes and I say as long as they don't block customers from entering or leaving.  Which is impossible because most cars block the complete area.  They have the most stupid look on there face when they see it can't be done. Many times I have to ask them how the scooters parked there can get out. Again a stupid look????. Also the street is not very wide so they block the street so two cars can no longer pass each other.  If they still don't understand normal logic I point out what a poor neighborhood it is and there are many vandals in the area.  

13 hours ago, John Drake said:

Wouldn't want to be the person who ratted out people in the village. Life might get a lot tougher.

Yes. If your neighbour suddenly pulls up in front of your house driving a brand new Mercedes then they might want to move village

13 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Bloody oath, it's illegal. 

And selfish. 

And bloody rude. 

Their property boundaries are identified on the Chanote. 

No one owns the roads space. 

I pay road tax, this allows me to park on the public road. 

On the back of your road tax receipt, is that a parking pass? 

How many police drive up and down the roads every day? If they opened their eyes and warned the offenders to remove the objects from the road or be fined then maybe less would do it. Maybe they should also try to remove restaurant table and chairs from footpaths. 555 what a joke, it will never happen in my lifetime so lets just put up with it.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 hours ago, webfact said:

Ever get frustrated at never being able to find parking space when you are out in town?

As frustrated as shop owners get who have people park in front of their business so customers go elsewhere...

Car owners will park anywhere without consideration for others.

I totally understand the shops.

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I guess the issue is for some shophouses etc its the only parking they have for their car etc.

Still annoying, but they have to be able to park somewhere themselves too.

Not so much parking for the owner, maybe at the end of the day.

More importantly parking for their customers during the day.

Some idiots park in front of a shop then sod-off all day.

I live in a gated housing estate, I built my house so it can garage up to 5 cars, I never leave my vehicle in the street, some of my neighbors do. 
I occasionally get asked if a person can leave their car out front of my house for an hour or two while they visit my neighbors. I always say yes, but I shouldn't have to, it's not my property, it's Thai courtesy to ask permission.

If these shops want in front of shop parking they should build their property back from the road so their customers can park in front, like 7-Eleven's are doing now.

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, giddyup said:

Next time you might find all four tyres flat and the car keyed, what's your next step of retaliation?

Ttlry reading what I posted. No cones were there, I parked where it was clear, when I came back cones had been placed front and back.

Got it now???

So why would they key my vehicle? I drove away flattenning the cones. If they can run at 60 to 100kph for 200 kilometres they could have followed me home.

Got it now?

22 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

In other news: Person got beaten up because he removed a parking-reservation-object from the street...

Almost happened to me once, once I parallel parked between two very large plastic bottles (just enough room for my car). When I came back later a Thai guy was fuming that I parked there and started kicking the bottles (lol). I got out of there quickly.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, FarangFB said:

Almost happened to me once, once I parallel parked between two very large plastic bottles (just enough room for my car). When I came back later a Thai guy was fuming that I parked there and started kicking the bottles (lol). I got out of there quickly.

I am sure soon after that he bought another large plastic bottle to close the gap. 

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

Ttlry reading what I posted. No cones were there, I parked where it was clear, when I came back cones had been placed front and back.

Got it now???

So why would they key my vehicle? I drove away flattenning the cones. If they can run at 60 to 100kph for 200 kilometres they could have followed me home.

Got it now?

Why would they run, don't Thais own cars?

On 9/30/2022 at 12:15 PM, SAFETY FIRST said:

Bloody oath, it's illegal. 

And selfish. 

And bloody rude. 

Their property boundaries are identified on the Chanote. 

No one owns the roads space. 

I pay road tax, this allows me to park on the public road. 

stupid farang the footpath and half of the street is owned by the resident

On 9/30/2022 at 12:34 PM, overherebc said:

What's your choice if it's clear when you park and then find cones or chairs in front of and behind your car when you come back.

Abandon your vehicle and get a taxi home?

Move them without damaging them, drive off. If that is too hard, I'd suggest weight training.

8 hours ago, overherebc said:

Got it now???

Got it now?

Do you have anger management issues? Why not just move the cones, yours seems to be an overreaction.

5 minutes ago, overherebc said:

You need to explain that a bit more.

What's to explain? Reversing over traffic cones ( and risking damage to your own vehicle ) seems to be an extreme reaction when you could just move them out of the way.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

What's to explain? Reversing over traffic cones ( and risking damage to your own vehicle ) seems to be an extreme reaction when you could just move them out of the way.

Amazing assumption that I was angry. I was having a quiet laugh to myself about it, at the time, maybe 7 years ago.

Then again asean now seems more and more to be frequented by expats who just love to throw direct insults at other posters. Dare I say it's because they take themselves so seriously they just can't imagine that there might be some humour under the surface of some posts.

What do you think?

Edited by overherebc

18 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Amazing assumption that I was angry. I was having a quiet laugh to myself about it, at the time, maybe 7 years ago.

Then again asean now seems more and more to be frequented by expats who just love to throw direct insults at other posters. Dare I say it's because they take themselves so seriously they just can't imagine that there might be some humour under the surface of some posts.

What do you think?

I think you are trying to rationalize your action by passing it off as good fun or humor, then shooting the messenger.

I don't get my kicks out of deliberately damaging the property of others, but I suppose we all are different.

What do you think?

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I think you are trying to rationalize your action by passing it off as good fun or humor, then shooting the messenger.

I don't get my kicks out of deliberately damaging the property of others, but I suppose we all are different.

What do you think?

His property?

Wonder where he stole two old traffic cones?