Grab food delivery refusing order

lexilis

3 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

The OP really is an insight into how pathetic a certain demographic has become.

Evolution has failed.

Out hunting with the wild animals to crying about unavailable delivery options from some restaurants 2km away!!! Get up and get out there!!

Oh, yeah, if Grab has issues delivering when raining but Food Panda doesn't, if it's raining, get Food Panda! Or is that just too much to compute or to adhere to?!? 

I use them both. There are pros and cons to both. My main criteria is the restaurant. For the places I usually order from, they are not on both apps. If they are, one or the other may be a better deal. One thing I really like with Grab over Panda is if paying online rather than cash it offers a tipping option to be used only AFTER the order has been delivered. That's a good incentive. On Panda they recently added tipping but you must do at time of order. No way am I tipping at time of order. That's the oppositte of an incentive. So the driver sees you haven't tipped so might think you won't tip cash upon delivery and give poorer service.

My daughter has recently started working in the Chiang Mai grab support center. Apart from it being a sweatshop with air-con (targets for call handling, must handle 2 calls at a time, and complete a separate report after each call, shift changes at the drop of a hat, and no pay for the month of training) the stories are hilarious - riders getting overcome with hunger while waiting, so eating the order, then asking what to do, etc. Yesterday a rider had 2 orders, the first for ice-cream and while waiting for the second, the rider asked for the order to be cancelled as it was taking too long and the ice-cream would melt, then going into a mental fit when it was cancelled as requested, not returning the food to the restaurant, stating he would eat it. The riders are 'incentivized' through Black Mirror style scoring - must send a photo of them in the correct gear before starting etc. They use their own GPS map system as I assume Google charge too much, but it is full of flaws generating lots of issues requiring individual Google access to resolve. The restaurants lose 30% to grab, so I can see cheaper to run, delivery only food preparation 'shops' popping up now. So much is taken for granted with an incredibly complex system so that Grab can turn a profit, similar to the German economy having rested upon cheap Russian gas.

10 hours ago, lexilis said:

As expected. Really , really stupid and pointless replies. Whatever.

Can I have 15 volunteers from the forum to form a posse and we'll go and sort out this guys problem once and for all! Damn Grab riders! ????

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Apologies : I will go down the Meechok now and tell the drivers that the rain isn't nuclear water and they dont have to hide from it and I will tell them to deliver your food immediately .

They should give you a complimentary drink as well , what drink would you like ?

Most wanting money, aren't hiding from the rain, but as was suggested, out making deliveries. Those that simply don't want to go in the rain, nothing can be done.  I found GRAB not that helpful and they were in the news months back about how high a percent they were taking from the restaurants, and how poorly they paid the drivers, etc--supposedly corrected, but not sure.  I use Tuk and it seems ok, rain or not.

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I don’t really want to do my job sometimes, either...  but...

I imagine sometimes airline pilots sometimes don’t feel like going away from their families for a few days, either... but... 

If grab had a known policy that their riders won’t deliver in the rain thats different - but they offer a service... People want to use delivery because they don’t want to go out for any reason... rain, laziness, tiredness or just simple convenience.... it doesn’t matter, a company is ’theoretically’ offering that service... 

.... But, if that ’service’ only operates on a ‘when it suits them’ basis, then I can understand the irritation of a potential customer (i.e. the OP). 

The other facet of this is the ‘game’ the drivers play. To work for grab they have to accept a certain amount of orders (or rides), then the start messing around, take too long to get to the restaurant, or call up and ask us to cancel etc...  they’ve accepted the ‘order’ knowing they don’t want to fulfil it. 

Not every moobaan or condo has a restaurant next to it...  They could also nip to 7-11 get some bread and and make toast....  

The point is that there is a service which markets itself as a ‘delivery service’ which only delivers when it feels like it.

And yes, complain about it on here... because thats what we do on forums... make observations, sometimes good, sometimes negative and we discuss them.

Agreed... there’s always plenty of options in the house... but if we just ‘want something’ then we order it. Thats the convenience of modern living.

... Sometimes I just want that ‘burger’ from a specific shop thats 3km.. to far to walk, traffic is too bad to drive... the convenience of being able to order something is welcomed in every city and town world wide. 

All of what you say had me agreeing--but, when you write:

" But, if that ’service’ only operates on a ‘when it suits them’ basis, then I can understand the irritation of a potential customer (i.e. the OP). "

I had to laugh, as i thought that you had forgotten where you lived, not your home address, but in the nation of Thailand.  "only operates, when it suits them" describes most every Thai worker i have seen in all my years living here--why would GRAB drivers be any different.  You certainly must know the saying, "TIT".  It explains all that needs explaining!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, jak2002003 said:
13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

These sort of ‘smart arsed’ responses are really too predictable on these fora... 

The whole point of a ‘food delivery company’ is to deliver food...

Your response is akin to someone posting a gripe about taxi’s and you telling them drive themselves....  it completely misses the point and only serves you make the poster of said response look like a ????end....

--------

Now...   While I’m away and my Wife wants to order something from Grab and the same thing happens... Would you tell her to go herself and collect the food herself? who watches our son?... ah.. take him with her... ok, but the traffic is terrible because its raining, so no point taking the car.

Ah... don’t be so lazy and cook herself you say ???.... 

You see where this is going, don’t you ???.....   When we have a gripe about a certain service we have to justify our need for said service to posters such as yourself to avoid dumb$$ responses....  Not clever Mac...  !!!... 

Expand  

I would say it is pathetic if your wife is so incompetent and a snowflake that she is so dependent on a grab food delivery to stop your son going hungry.

If she can't manage to cook some food for herself and your son if you are not there then there is something seriously wrong.

Your take away from this is my Wife’s ability to cook ?....   

This is the issue with these forums, some posters are so gallactically stupid they project utterly idiotic strawman fallicies into a discussion and don’t have the basic intelligence to recognise they are doing it. 

A persons ability to cook has little to do with online ordering of food and the poor service by the delivery company....  You’re really quite stupid if you can’t see that. 

1 hour ago, Andre0720 said:

As I thought that this service was meant exclusively for Thai people.

Do not ask me why ????

They have Grab... LineMan...  RobinHood...  They all have an English option on the App.

Plus there are some others for supermarket stuff such as HappyBee etc.. all very convenient.

It’s great when we have friends around and run out of beer etc.. 

We can just ask LineMan or Grab to get us more beer !!... 

....Of course I’ll get slammed for this and the dumb-ar$es will suggest go get the beer yourself, or should have planned better etc etc... 

The convenience of the delivery services in Thailand is awesome... but, when you think I’ll order Grab tonight and then that becomes a hassle the ‘minor’ irritation is easily understood, even if you are one of the tools who is telling people to cook or go and get their own food !!! 

Edited by richard_smith237

14 hours ago, Myran said:

Does a driver actually pop up on the screen and then disappear? If not, it doesn't sound like the drivers are actually refusing your order. I was under the impression that they were automatically assigned orders based on their location, and they might suffer some sort of penalty if they refuse assigned orders too many times.

This is what the OP said, "sorry cannot fine a driver". Really ticks me off. 

I would certainly 'fine' the driver for refusing to deliver in the rain!

????

15 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

If there was a service where someone lifted your beer up to your mouth so you could drink the beer and then put the drink back down after you'd had a sip , would you pay for that service 

Isn't that one of those 'No Hands Restaurants', always fancied going to one.????

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Denim said:
13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

That would be inconvenient...   How would they get the cow in the elevator ?

Cattle won't get in an elevator, they are cowards. Have to try some udder way.

Not ‘amooosed'... but, at least you are attempting to lighten the ‘beef’ between the ‘pro’ vs ‘anti’ delivery guys !!! which give us time to take ’stock’ of the situation... :whistling:

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

These sort of ‘smart arsed’ responses are really too predictable on these fora... 

The whole point of a ‘food delivery company’ is to deliver food...

Your response is akin to someone posting a gripe about taxi’s and you telling them drive themselves....  it completely misses the point and only serves you make the poster of said response look like a ????end....

--------

Now...   While I’m away and my Wife wants to order something from Grab and the same thing happens... Would you tell her to go herself and collect the food herself? who watches our son?... ah.. take him with her... ok, but the traffic is terrible because its raining, so no point taking the car.

Ah... don’t be so lazy and cook herself you say ???.... 

As far as I remember 5 years ago there was no food delivery here in Pattaya.  Yes, very convenient, but never a necessity in life considering 1958-2019 my family or I somehow fed ourselves without food delivery. (OK we had a milk man way back)

Watch the weather report and buy some foods for the pantry, the fridge, and the freezer BEFORE the bad weather arrives.  You will survive.  Good luck !

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

As far as I remember 5 years ago there was no food delivery here in Pattaya.  Yes, very convenient, but never a necessity in life considering 1958-2019 my family or I somehow fed ourselves without food delivery. (OK we had a milk man way back)

Watch the weather report and buy some foods for the pantry, the fridge, and the freezer BEFORE the bad weather arrives.  You will survive.  Good luck !

Of course...  Go back further and we didn’t have cars... we survived. We didn’t have internet, we survived. 

We’ve also evolved as a society.....    we covet convenience because we want to do more than survive, we want to enjoy our time and quality of life.

-------

Wife and I do often stay in and cook amazing food....  but we don’t want to do that every day. 

Good food takes time, effort and care, its enjoyable to make... but we don’t always have the time or want to spend that amount of effort... 

Bangkok is an amazing city for food - we can order out and get excellent quality for cheaper than it would cost to cook for ourselves....  then there is no prep, no cleaning etc...   the options and choice for ordering food are amazing.....   IF the delivery is reliable. 

The complaint of this thread (the Op) is that delivery can be somewhat of a weak-link in the system. 

A valid point I think. 

• Like 1