Grab food delivery refusing order

lexilis

18 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Apologies : I will go down the Meechok now and tell the drivers that the rain isn't nuclear water and they dont have to hide from it and I will tell them to deliver your food immediately .

They should give you a complimentary drink as well , what drink would you like ?

While you are there pick up your order.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:
19 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Apologies : I will go down the Meechok now and tell the drivers that the rain isn't nuclear water and they dont have to hide from it and I will tell them to deliver your food immediately .

They should give you a complimentary drink as well , what drink would you like ?

While you are there pick up your order.

I'm not sure they do sides of ‘smug sanctimony’ !!! :cheesy:

29 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I really don't need to stoop to such menial tasks , that is what poor people have to do , I have servants who deliver my food 

Well make your mind up... seems you can’t work out if you are coming or going !!! :giggle:

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I do actually prefer doing everything myself , washing clothes, cleaning , cooking food, sex , booking tickets , going to 7/11,  much prefer doing it all myself 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Well make your mind up... seems you can’t work out if you are coming or going !!! :giggle:

Seems like your picking up sarcasm is on the same levels as you picking up food from a restaurant .

Maye you could call a Grab guy  to pick that sarcasm up for you ?

Edited by Mac Mickmanus
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Seems like your picking up sarcasm is on the same levels as you picking up food from a restaurant .

Maye you could call a Grab guy  to pick that sarcasm up for you ?

c’mon.. haven’t you been reading the thread...  The Grab guys keep cancelling... 

... But, as you like to do things for yourself, you could perhaps go out and treat yourself to a sense of humour upgrade so you don’t have to resort to the lowest form of wit !!... ????:giggle:

????????

11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

c’mon.. haven’t you been reading the thread...  The Grab guys keep cancelling... 

... But, as you like to do things for yourself, you could perhaps go out and treat yourself to a sense of humour upgrade so you don’t have to resort to the lowest form of wit !!... ????:giggle:

????????

I did order a sense of humour upgrade , but they wouldn't deliver it , I'll try and order it again when it stops raining . 

I am just walking around stamping my feet and slamming the doors , if that doesn't calm me down, I will make a thread about it here on AN

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

The only time Grab Drivers refused my order was on a rainy day and I chose to pay Cash on Delivery.  As soon as I switched to Pay By Card a driver accepted my order and delivered the food.  

I wonder if that's because some customers keep them waiting forever in the lobby? I've seen that happen a few times in my condo here in Bangkok. 

I guess keeping an eye on the app to check the order status is beneath some peoples' dignity.

17 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:
8 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

The only time Grab Drivers refused my order was on a rainy day and I chose to pay Cash on Delivery.  As soon as I switched to Pay By Card a driver accepted my order and delivered the food.  

I wonder if that's because some customers keep them waiting forever in the lobby? I've seen that happen a few times in my condo here in Bangkok. 

I guess keeping an eye on the app to check the order status is beneath some peoples' dignity.

I always figured they’d prefer people paying in cash as there’s a higher chance of them leaving a decent tip.

Certainly with GrabTaxi’s the charge goes straight to the credit-card... but when paying with cash many people just round up to the nearest note (i.e. 70 baht, rounded up to 100 baht etc).

6 hours ago, roger101 said:

I always thought the basic idea of a delivery service is to deliver.

ok, but there are circumstances. e.g., recently it's been raining occasionally dogs and cats in CM, to the point that some intersections/underpasses were suddenly closed to traffic for a while, or at least impossible for small scooters. Also, I remember one morning that Airport Plaza (with many take-out restaurants) had its main m/cycle parking closed. I don't say this is what's happening to the OP (he mentions that it happens to him every time that it's raining, which seems a bit weird), but if the delivery driver cannot reach the restaurant or the customer, I think cancellation after a while is not so strange. Perhaps with a customer able to chat in Thai they can explain the reasons better.

20 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

They have Grab... LineMan...  RobinHood...  They all have an English option on the App.

Plus there are some others for supermarket stuff such as HappyBee etc.. all very convenient.

It’s great when we have friends around and run out of beer etc.. 

We can just ask LineMan or Grab to get us more beer !!... 

....Of course I’ll get slammed for this and the dumb-ar$es will suggest go get the beer yourself, or should have planned better etc etc... 

The convenience of the delivery services in Thailand is awesome... but, when you think I’ll order Grab tonight and then that becomes a hassle the ‘minor’ irritation is easily understood, even if you are one of the tools who is telling people to cook or go and get their own food !!! 

Aslo, have TUK, and i think it is Meals on Wheels 4U --which is run by a farang and all English menus and English speaking assistance--if one is looking for a farang friendly delivery--they have been around for quite a few years.

Despite what another poster claims that “the riders had figured out how to collect two or three orders and make your food cold and wait way too long”. This is not so. 

When the app confirms someone’s order is out for delivery an information graphic (the letter i inside a circle) appears next to “Out for delivery” if the rider is making multiple deliveries. You are also advised that there will be a delay to receipt of your order. Additionally a delivery time is provided.

The progress of the Grab rider can be followed on the live road map which is also provided.

As for the post where someone sarcastically said they’d now go to a particular plaza to tell Grab riders that rain isn’t nuclear, that would be very difficult as poster appears to not currently live in Thailand. Also he reckoned delivery costs 40฿ or whatever. They are in fact a lot, lot less - see the attached screenshot.

Grab’s a great service and doesn’t deserve being berated by people who either don’t live in Thailand and or have never used nor or possibly ever seen the Grab app. Grab Food is a way of life here in Udon Thani, the service is excellent and the number of food suppliers increases almost by the day.

350C1CFC-8D4B-4D90-8668-B3C413CF1220.jpeg

1 hour ago, ArnieP said:

Despite what another poster claims that “the riders had figured out how to collect two or three orders and make your food cold and wait way too long”. This is not so. 

When the app confirms someone’s order is out for delivery an information graphic (the letter i inside a circle) appears next to “Out for delivery” if the rider is making multiple deliveries. You are also advised that there will be a delay to receipt of your order. Additionally a delivery time is provided.

The progress of the Grab rider can be followed on the live road map which is also provided.

As for the post where someone sarcastically said they’d now go to a particular plaza to tell Grab riders that rain isn’t nuclear, that would be very difficult as poster appears to not currently live in Thailand. Also he reckoned delivery costs 40฿ or whatever. They are in fact a lot, lot less - see the attached screenshot.

Grab’s a great service and doesn’t deserve being berated by people who either don’t live in Thailand and or have never used nor or possibly ever seen the Grab app. Grab Food is a way of life here in Udon Thani, the service is excellent and the number of food suppliers increases almost by the day.

350C1CFC-8D4B-4D90-8668-B3C413CF1220.jpeg

Here in CM, I never encountered any of the problems that some have expressed on this thread, though I rarely ever use food delivery services, I don’t recall any of my local friends having any complaints.

5 minutes ago, novacova said:

Here in CM, I never encountered any of the problems that some have expressed on this thread, though I rarely ever use food delivery services, I don’t recall any of my local friends having any complaints.

Love this type of response...

Its like the replies to the threads where guys have complained about the Taxi drivers... 

...someene pipes up, I’ve never had an issue with Taxi’s in Thailand, although I never use them !!... 

35 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its like the replies to the threads where guys have complained about the Taxi drivers... 

...someene pipes up, I’ve never had an issue with Taxi’s in Thailand, although I never use them !!... 

never said never used them. 

the problem with some individuals is that they easily lose composure and succumb to their weakness and faulty insidious character that begins to publicly bleed out because they simply cannot help themselves and will never gain any credibility or respect, so they just dig into a deeper hole ????

Edited by novacova
because somethings are better left said????
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2022 at 2:39 PM, richard_smith237 said:

I bet you suck the life out of parties if your comments are your idea of a sense of humor !!!....    :whistling:

I'm cut to the bone. Gawd, another bitter and twisted expat

On 10/3/2022 at 6:41 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Stop with them negative vibes man.

On 10/1/2022 at 8:24 PM, FriendlyFarang said:

What answer do you expect? Obviously many riders don't want to drive in the rain so they take a break. When it's raining many people don't want to go outside, so they order.

Less riders + more orders = not enough riders for all orders.

Cooking your own food is not hard, with less salt, less sugar, less fat than you get from the shops.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/2/2022 at 2:46 AM, Jingthing said:

I wouldn't go that far. If it's raining a lot you know there's a good chance there is an issue. I've also noticed (in Pattaya) some general areas are more likely to not be accepted to my location than others so if I really want some food quickly, I won't take a chance on those. There are also somewhat predictable patterns of busy days of the week, rush hours, which you can choose to avoid. The taking a lot of time to cancel is really bad because you need to wait until they do until you start to arrange an alternative. 

Deliverytime over 2 Hours by Grab l dont accept. Then I dont open the door and shut my handy! Grab pushes everything off to the customer in a very one-sided way.  That is my answer to this business policy!

On 10/2/2022 at 2:46 AM, Jingthing said:

I wouldn't go that far. If it's raining a lot you know there's a good chance there is an issue. I've also noticed (in Pattaya) some general areas are more likely to not be accepted to my location than others so if I really want some food quickly, I won't take a chance on those. There are also somewhat predictable patterns of busy days of the week, rush hours, which you can choose to avoid. The taking a lot of time to cancel is really bad because you need to wait until they do until you start to arrange an alternative. 

Deliverytime over 2 Hours by Grab l dont accept. Then I dont open the door and shut my handy! Grab pushes everything off to the customer in a very one-sided way.  That is my answer to this business policy!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1