Grab food delivery refusing order

lexilis

It seems every time it rains I cannot get a food delivery from Grab. This has happened at least a dozen times. I live near Meechok Plaza and the restaurant is only about 2 kilo away. I know there are a bunch of Grab drivers sitting at Meechok. I usually order 3-500 Bt of food and I tip well. What happens is that the order is not confirmed and after 10-15 minutes I get a message saying "sorry cannot fine a driver". Really ticks me off. Never happens on Food Panda. Unfortunately some restaurants I like do not use Panda. Grrrr...

• Like 1

Does a driver actually pop up on the screen and then disappear? If not, it doesn't sound like the drivers are actually refusing your order. I was under the impression that they were automatically assigned orders based on their location, and they might suffer some sort of penalty if they refuse assigned orders too many times.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Myran said:

Does a driver actually pop up on the screen and then disappear? If not, it doesn't sound like the drivers are actually refusing your order. I was under the impression that they were automatically assigned orders based on their location, and they might suffer some sort of penalty if they refuse assigned orders too many times.

Usually no driver took it.

Occasionaly a driver takes it and then cancels.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

From what I see , someone doesn't want to go out in the rain and they expect someone else to go out in the rain for 40 Baht or whatever the delivery fee is .

Someone's sat at home and hungry and instead of getting themselves an umbrella and going out to get food , they sit at home and complain about it on here .

In your circumstances , I would be thinking ahead , I would get some food in the house so that you Wife could eat that if Grab wouldn't deliver .

We are talking about a motorbike rider staying undercover until the rain stops 

Heaven forbid someone would have to result to actually cooking at home for themselves...and their kid. Can't please everyone ????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Myran said:

Normally they had to compete with other riders to accept the order that show up on their screen by being the quickest to click 'accept' some has fashioned mechanical finger that does the screen clicking repeatedly so that they have the job, 

that's why you'll see some accept the order but then call you later that their bike broke down in order for you to sympathize and cancel on your end without affecting their score,

it's because they won't be able to see what or where the order is and they need to blindly accept all orders in order to compete with other riders

so when it rains, they probably quit their app and won't accept any order, some other app might let you put up the 'tip' to incentivize them to accept order

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

But we aren't not talking about airline pilots not wanting to work and fly their airplanes , we are talking about some student guy who doesn't particularly want to get wet and ride in dangerous, even more dangerous conditions than usual .

The guy is deliver noodles 2 kilometres away , he isn't flying 300 people 10 0000 kilometres away .

When you try and book a taxi or a delivery , you need to be aware that it depends on the availability of a person will to provide the service you request .

If you want someone to be available 24 hours a day , then you would need to have a personal driver whose available at all times 

Yeah,.. I know, my argument was out there the midst of ‘strawman fallacy’....  

... the point I was trying to make is that these guys either want to work or they don’t.

Being a delivery driver or taxi driver involves being prepared to do the job they’ve agreed to do. 

So, if a rider accepts the ‘delivery job’ to take your order, then cancels because he doesn’t want to do it - its irritating (and its happened a few times) - the same with GrabTaxi’s.

I’m sympathetic to the drivers, they get a decent tip etc... because they are doing something I don’t want to do myself. 

But, if everyone just got their own food or cooked for themselves, these guys wouldn’t have any work. 

It is their ‘cherry picking’ of the jobs which generates the irritation that the Op has pointed out. 

IF there were no GrabDelivery service at all, something else would fill that ‘void’ i.e. another service !!! 

• Like 1

These delivery apps do let you down when you most need them.

The restaurants and the apps then take way too long to decide to cancel and that then defeats all purpose of the apps.

I prefer grabbing my own grub to these apps.

The last straw for me was when i realised the riders had figured out how to collect two or three orders and make your food cold and wait way too long. 

2 hours ago, rankric said:

These delivery apps do let you down when you most need them.

The restaurants and the apps then take way too long to decide to cancel and that then defeats all purpose of the apps.

I prefer grabbing my own grub to these apps.

The last straw for me was when i realised the riders had figured out how to collect two or three orders and make your food cold and wait way too long. 

I wouldn't go that far. If it's raining a lot you know there's a good chance there is an issue. I've also noticed (in Pattaya) some general areas are more likely to not be accepted to my location than others so if I really want some food quickly, I won't take a chance on those. There are also somewhat predictable patterns of busy days of the week, rush hours, which you can choose to avoid. The taking a lot of time to cancel is really bad because you need to wait until they do until you start to arrange an alternative.