Grab food delivery refusing order

lexilis

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Of course...  Go back further and we didn’t have cars... we survived. We didn’t have internet, we survived. 

We’ve also evolved as a society.....    we covet convenience because we want to do more than survive, we want to enjoy our time and quality of life.

-------

Wife and I do often stay in and cook amazing food....  but we don’t want to do that every day. 

Good food takes time, effort and care, its enjoyable to make... but we don’t always have the time or want to spend that amount of effort... 

Bangkok is an amazing city for food - we can order out and get excellent quality for cheaper than it would cost to cook for ourselves....  then there is no prep, no cleaning etc...   the options and choice for ordering food are amazing.....   IF the delivery is reliable. 

The complaint of this thread (the Op) is that delivery can be somewhat of a weak-link in the system. 

A valid point I think. 

Have you thought about employing a full time servant ?

• Haha 1

One major weak link is that every food delivery person (that I've seen) is on a bike- when it's raining like a MF'er and someone on a bike has the choice to say, 'I'm gonna let this one go and wait for the next one,' they're generally gonna do it.

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

If there was a service where someone lifted your beer up to your mouth so you could drink the beer and then put the drink back down after you'd had a sip , would you pay for that service 

Still looking for work ?

I think they call places like that ‘karaoke bars’...    they wouldn’t employ you

3 hours ago, rankric said:

Im surprised they do not have options for late night drivers and premium charges. I would pay a premium for late night delivery, same with restaurants, incentivise them to be open later or different times. 

Grab  use this for their GrabTaxi / GrabCar with their surge pricing.

They could do the same with their food delivery.... Obviously demand is higher at peak meal times and in intervals of inclement weather.... why shouldn’t the riders be paid more to deliver in the rain ??? (they get more tips already - from myself and some of those who’ve posted).

We want the convenience, pay for it - I fully support that. 

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

My apologies... I’m sure they’d welcome your application !!! :giggle:

Have I upset you and that's the reason why you are being abusive ?

Quite clear why you get upset when a grab driver wont deliver your order .

You could do with growing up a bit 

17 hours ago, lexilis said:

As expected. Really , really stupid and pointless replies. Whatever.

What do you expect from a pointless self pitying post.

You expect the Grab rider to go out in all weather, yet it seems that you cannot travel 2 km each way and get it yourself.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jingthing said:

This informative is correct. It happens very often on Grab. I understand the problem with rain but they make you wait a long time before cancelling.

What do you expect them to do, not bother trying to get a driver?  The app shows that they are looking for drivers and there is the cancel button for the impatient and inconsiderate.

If they immediately responded that they had no drivers, they'd be Thai-bashed mercilessly here for not trying for long enough.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, roo860 said:

Isn't that one of those 'No Hands Restaurants', always fancied going to one.????

I wouldn't go to one of those restaurants , I would call them up and tell them to come to me 

The have that service as well.... 

....  but don’t you prefer to do everything yourself  ??? :giggle:

My nearest food delivery point is 6 km away in the big village. It is 7/11. I could try the amphur village 15 km which has more food outlets but still only a 7/11 delivery service.

Kamphaeng Phet DOES have a delivery service but I doubt that they would deliver as it is 65 km away.

However my wife is a good cook and there is always food in the fridge or freezer.

I feel so sad for you guys who HAVE to have a delivery service and get upset if they don't deliver.

Edited by billd766
bad spelling
  • Thumbs Up 1

The have that service as well.... 

....  but don’t you prefer to do everything yourself  ??? :giggle:

I do actually prefer doing everything myself , washing clothes, cleaning , cooking food, sex , booking tickets , going to 7/11,  much prefer doing it all myself 

33 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:
45 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

My apologies... I’m sure they’d welcome your application !!! :giggle:

Have I upset you and that's the reason why you are being abusive ?

Nothing personal of course... but if you’re going to end up butt-hurt at the response to stupid comments (quoted below)..  its best not to start crying about it, you really are the sensitive bunny aren’t you !!!... 

33 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Quite clear why you get upset when a grab driver wont deliver your order .

You could do with growing up a bit 

It seems you are unable to distinguish between ‘understanding someone else’s irritation' and 'getting upset’....     thats your flawed understanding, not mine. 

Juvenile triggering tactics below - who do you suggest grows up, now ? 

Have you thought about employing a full time servant ?

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

If there was a service where someone lifted your beer up to your mouth so you could drink the beer and then put the drink back down after you'd had a sip , would you pay for that service 

17 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What do you expect them to do, not bother trying to get a driver?  The app shows that they are looking for drivers and there is the cancel button for the impatient and inconsiderate.

If they immediately responded that they had no drivers, they'd be Thai-bashed mercilessly here for not trying for long enough.

Not by me.

I never said immediately. 

Bye 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, novacova said:

I can see the affects of cabin fever on this thread ???? 

The rain is warm, so there is no excuse for a healthy person not to get out and enjoy the great outdoors ????

Lecture on.

As if you get all the reasons people love these services.

I don't have a vehicle on purpose and there is either no or very bad and slow public transportation to most of the places I order from.

Not ordering delivery to such places if I want their food would be nuts. It's a big win win for all involved parties. 

Edited by Jingthing

Nothing personal of course... but if you’re going to end up butt-hurt at the response to stupid comments (quoted below)..  its best not to start crying about it, you really are the sensitive bunny aren’t you !!!... 

It seems you are unable to distinguish between ‘understanding someone else’s irritation' and 'getting upset’....     thats your flawed understanding, not mine. 

Juvenile triggering tactics below - who do you suggest grows up, now ? 

If we continue, it will probably be regarded as bickering and be deleted .

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:
9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I don't have transport

I didn't realise that you didn't have any legs .

Did you lose them to diabetes ?

Another stupid response Mac..   and just after you suggest I grow up !!!

No one wants to walk 2km in the rain to fetch food when there are delivery service options.....    How hard is that for you to work out.

The issue of course is that at times GrabDelivery takes the order, then cancels it, waisting your time... the Op is irritated at that which is wholly understandable....

....well, it seems that isn’t understandable to a few of you who want to argue that people should get their own food or cook themselves, and in doing so missing the point completely with an outstanding level of obtuseness. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, marcusb said:

I live on an unnumbered road in an unnumbered house, in a small out of the way mooban. Yet still basically right in town.  (grabs GPS locates it perfectly)

Order food I see it spinning and I know they have drivers, they just don't want the run.  After a few attempts finally got a Zinger burger.  Ordered a couple more times, spinning wheel, and then the same kid would accept. (pays to tip)  

For taxi service never a connection from home, but if Im at lotuses I get a grab taxi acceptance within a minute. 

So yeah, sometimes the riders are fussy. 

I live in the tallest building in a numbered soi on Sukhumvit. It is easy to find on a map and easy to find without map. Just ask the motorcycle guys at the end of the soi or right in front of my building.

But it is still amazing how many delivery drivers call me and want directions where the building is. And sometimes they are 50m away from the building and still don't see/find it.

Probably many of those delivery drivers have that job because they are too stupid for any other job. And some are even too stupid to follow the GPS instructions or look at a map (for a very easy to find location).

• Like 1

Just now, billd766 said:
7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Who ‘HAS’ to have a delivery ???....    no has written anything of the sort - thats just your exaggeration. 

Then what was the point of the whole thread?

Not that they ‘HAVE’ to have delivery....

... its that people have chosen to use a delivery service which then fails on its promise.

The underlying issue is the ‘offer of a service’ then receiving poor service or actually being inconvenienced by the service because they took the order, then cancelled it a short time later. 

The same thing happens sometimes when we order a ‘GrabTaxi’, a driver takes the ride. 

Then 10 mins later cancels it. 

.... in this case we’d have suggestions from a few of our forum geniuses that we should walk, take ourselves, or wait until a better time, or plan ahead and take the journey earlier etc etc...   ultimately, a lot of flippant and obtuse replied that miss the point.

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Another stupid response Mac..   and just after you suggest I grow up !!!

No one wants to walk 2km in the rain to fetch food when there are delivery service options.....    How hard is that for you to work out.

Do try and keep up and follow the discussion , we were talking about using food delivery services in general and not particularly about the O.Ps terrible predicament of not being able to get food delivered when its raining .

Yes, you don't want to walk in the rain ......................and also other people don't want to ride their motorbikes in the rain .

"Look at that terrible weather outside , torrential rain, I'm not going out in that , I will get someone else to go out in the rain and get my dinner for me *

*You won't deliver my food, why not*

19 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

If we continue, it will probably be regarded as bickering and be deleted .

I know... I really don’t mind the back and forth debate.... it’s it gives an understand of how differing peoples opinions are or how differently then understand an issue or event. 

It also highlights quite clearly how some will fire off a hyperbolic projection with some ridiculous strawman fallacies to point score.... 

All entertaining stuff for me...   It’s just debate and I’m sure everyone could just have a beer and have the same silly debates around a table.... 

14 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Do try and keep up and follow the discussion , we were talking about using food delivery services in general and not particularly about the O.Ps terrible predicament of not being able to get food delivered when its raining .

Yes, you don't want to walk in the rain ......................and also other people don't want to ride their motorbikes in the rain .

That is exactly what the service is for......   when the customer doesn’t want to cook or collect food themselves... a paid for service provides exactly that....  

Can you imagine Domino’s pizza in the UK suggesting we collect it ourselves because it started raining ?

14 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

"Look at that terrible weather outside , torrential rain, I'm not going out in that , I will get someone else to go out in the rain and get my dinner for me *

*You won't deliver my food, why not*

So whats the point of having a delivery service with drivers / riders who don’t want to deliver?

It misses the point.

And... So, Grab try and act against this by ensuring drivers take the jobs by stipulating that they have to take xx jobs within their area or they lose their entitlement to work for Grab. 

So, drivers take jobs they have no intention of fulfilling - thus creating the inconvenience at times.

This has also invariably happens with GrabTaxi - drivers take the job, then don’t want it and either call up to ask me to cancel it, or they just cancel themselves. 

Edited by richard_smith237