After Weeks Of Flooding Lat Krabang Residents Find Sandbags Stuffed In A Drain

webfact

4 hours ago, Dan O said:

Not sure of the mentality of some people. Why in the F would anyone stuff the drains with sandbags like this? It certainly wasn't an accident. Seems someone wanted that area to flood for personal reasons. 

Maybe someone that lived in the area the water ran off too !

• Thumbs Up 1

Probably not ' stuffed ' into drain just washed there by heavy floodwater.

Where we live , Three concrete weirs ( very heavy ) completely destroyed and washed away by flood waters coming off the nearby ridge. Water is very heavy and moving a sandbag is no big deal. Just try lifting a 25 liter water container....heavy . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Denim said:

Water is very heavy and moving a sandbag is no big deal. Just try lifting a 25 liter water container....heavy . 

Try lifting a sandbag that's saturated with water.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Denim said:

Where we live , Three concrete weirs ( very heavy ) completely destroyed and washed away by flood waters coming off the nearby ridge. Water is very heavy and moving a sandbag is no big deal. Just try lifting a 25 liter water container....heavy . 

25kg, to be precise.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Denim said:

Where we come from.

Well, yes. Our cultures teach us to question authority, not believe everything we are told, and be curious about the world. At least some of us have those qualities. I see many back there who are lock step, always getting in line, and always believing most of what they are told. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Denim said:

25 kg without the container.  1 cubic metre of water is 1,000 litres and weighs 1 ton.

I have a crate for 12 x 2 litre drinking water bottles which we fill from the 3,000 litre storage tank. I can carry the crate of empties or 4 full bottles, 2 in each hand. My 18 year old son can carry the full crate.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, Denim said:

Kind of hard to wash 100 sand bags down a drain that has a cover on it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

25 kg without the container.  1 cubic metre of water is 1,000 litres and weighs 1 ton.

I have a crate for 12 x 2 litre drinking water bottles which we fill from the 3,000 litre storage tank. I can carry the crate of empties or 4 full bottles, 2 in each hand. My 18 year old son can carry the full crate.

Light as a feather !!

Reminds me of a favorite line from one of my favorite movies, The Leather Boys (1964)

Dear Charles Atlas , I have completed the course , now send me the muscles . 

• Haha 2

On 10/3/2022 at 3:38 AM, Dan O said:

Not sure of the mentality of some people. Why in the F would anyone stuff the drains with sandbags like this? It certainly wasn't an accident. Seems someone wanted that area to flood for personal reasons. 

Probably just the easiest and most convenient way for someone to get them out of their way at the end of the last rainy season! Most Thais, I think, live for today, rarely thinking ahead or about the consequences of their actions.

• Thumbs Up 1