Video: "Good Thai driving" makes up for bad motorcycle riding

webfact

50 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

pickup driver seems to have the reaction time of a sloth.

Absolute sleeper.

And there is no good driving but just an emergency breaking resulting in loss of control.

Nothing but luck that the other motorcycle rider was not thrown off.

From between 10 and 11 sec into the video it was clear that the motorcycle rider would not stick to the left lane but cross.

About 3 sec(!) later the pickup nearly hit the motorcycle.

Amazing silence: I know it's "forbidden" to honk but here it would have been absolutely necessary!!!

Edited by KhunBENQ

4 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

Dreadful driving all round.

I bet you anything you like  the pickup driver's first response was to blast her horn rather than brake and try and avoid a collision herself.

The video has sound and I am afraid he did nothing, neither honk (which he should have done!) nor break at first.

I bet he realized that the bike would come over.

And then? Being surprised that the bike slowed down?

There is a U-turn! All U-turns are clearly announced with a sign.

Complete sleepy and careless fool and not "good driving".

Edited by KhunBENQ

A derogatory post generalizing ALL Thais has been removed... as per Forum Rules.

From the Forum Rules:

14. You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, Thai people, Thai culture, Thai institutions such as the military, judicial or law enforcement system or specific locations within Thailand

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

About 11 sec into the video:

sec11.jpg

About 14(!) sec into the video:

sec14.jpg

If that is good driving, heaven help!!!

Agreed....  How is that possibly good driving ?????.....  the pickup truck had a life time to react and brake only to spin out....   utterly ridiculous that this could be consider ‘good driving’ in the looses sense of the word.... 

.... and the motorcyclist....  this is exactly why we all need dash-cams... 

How can someone pull out in the outside lane of a main road like that and so clearly and obviously put their own life in such grave danger absolutely astonishes me.

• Like 1

This is the reason that so many Thai motorbike drivers get killed on the roads. It's the complete carelessness and stupidity of the riders assuming that they have the right of way because no laws are enforced to make them comply with sane driving. It's a total free for all for motorbike drivers in Thailand and a reason I will never get on a bike again here in Thailand.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Agreed....  How is that possibly good driving ?????.....  the pickup truck had a life time to react and brake only to spin out....   utterly ridiculous that this could be consider ‘good driving’ in the looses sense of the word.... 

.... and the motorcyclist....  this is exactly why we all need dash-cams... 

How can someone pull out in the outside lane of a main road like that and so clearly and obviously put their own life in such grave danger absolutely astonishes me.

So true and the reason I installed both a front and back dash cam on my vehicle in Thailand.

When I taught my wife to drive in the UK I told her treat everyone as an idiot, over here it makes perfect sense to. Pick up driver wasn't a good driver he should have been looking for that to happen instead of reacting at the last minute.

Where does being unable to react quickly when something adverse happens on the road, then braking & lose complete of your own vehicle causing it to spin constitute good driving. The mind boggles. Of course TIT