Gov’t eyes 2026 full opening of Automotive and Tyre Center

snoop1130

da96663dabde0442ad8d7101abfb86d8_small.jpeg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The construction of an automotive and tyre center in the Eastern Economic Corridor is now more than halfway complete, with the center expected to be fully operational in 2026. The Thai government hopes this facility will promote Thailand as a global manufacturing base for electric vehicles.

The Automotive and Tyre Testing, Research and Innovation Center (ATTRIC) is intended to help improve the manufacturing quality of automotive items, parts, and tyres, and serve as a center for learning and technological transfer.

The ATTRIC project was first introduced in 2016, after a Cabinet approval for the Ministry of Industry to set up this facility together with the Thai Industrial Standards Institute (TISI).

Government Spokesman Anucha Burapachaisri said this project would help make Thailand one of the key electric vehicle manufacturing bases in the world, while providing opportunities for knowledge transfer and job creation.

He said the center will boost the quality and competitiveness of Thai automobile and parts, and enable local manufacturers to gain international recognition and acceptance.

Source: https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG221003162614526

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2022-10-03

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Looking at that photo, I keep getting an urge to watch Star Trek for some reason 

Build it and they will come springs to my mind... 

I wonder if Kevin Costner will cut the ribbon.