New Political Party Ready To Launch

sriracha john

Well it certainly sounds like they are of to a wonderful start. Apparently truth and reality were not invited to the event. One must wonder at what level of educational attainment does what they are saying change from being believable to knowing that the portable toilets could be best used for what is coming out of their mouths.

If that is the way they plan to run, then clearly they only look to target the lowest on the education totem pole.

Edited by John K

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

same, same Buriram rally and another max exodus of attendees....

The People Power party (PPP) drew 10,000 people to a campaign rally in Chiang Rai yesterday although half of them went home after former local MP Yongyuth Tiyapairat (currently on bail awaiting trial for attempted murder) did not address the crowd. Of the speakers, the audience appeared to be waiting eagerly for Yongyuth, a former Chiang Rai MP, who has reportedly spent much of his time in the United States since the Sept 19 coup last year which toppled the Thaksin Shinawatra government. Yongyuth did make an appearance on stage, but declined to speak, leaving the microphone for other PPP figures and party leader Samak Sundaravej, who delivered the opening and closing speeches. However, as Samak returned to the microphone for the closing stage of the rally, about half the audience seemed to already be making its way to the exits. Yesterday was the second rally in the PPP's regional campaign trail after Buri Ram late last month. Mr Samak, who led both rallies, also seemed to be unpopular with the audience in Buri Ram.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/19Oct2007_news01.php

===============================================================================

Comments from:

Deputy Leader Of The People Power Party To Stand Trial For Attempted Murder

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=148479

--------------------------------------

Dissed in the Northeast... Dissed in the North.... Samak is garnering wonderful support nation-wide for PPP.

Edited by sriracha john

I wonder how long they will Keep up this “we will continue where Thaksin left off” before the voters will want to know exactly what that is. Perhaps they can stop at MBK, pickup a manakin and using a rubber band or two put a picture of Thaksin’s face on it. Then they can take it to the rallies and put it on stage.

It is beginning to look more and more like they don’t have a clue what to do. Thaksin is too far away to get enough detail to formulate proper statements, and his cronies don’t have much idea what to look for to relay Thaksin. It is a bit like a blind person describing the Grand Canyon to a sighted person.

I wonder how the PPP people did in school when they were younger. Od’s on not studying.

191007_front.jpg

This hall is just too big. Peua Pandin Party leader Suvit Khunkitti speaks to an almost empty hall at the party's first assembly yesterday at Muang Thong Thani in Nonthaburi. Supporters paid by canvassers to attend left straight after having lunch, without waiting for the party leader's address.

Bangkok Post

:o too funny...

Well, here's a few more that could have taken a couple of the empty seats, including the Deputy Leader of another party... :o

Sophon leaves Matchima Thippatai party

Sophon Phetsawang decided to leave Matchima Thippatai party on Friday and join Puea Pandin party, claiming that its party leader Prachai Leophairatana is dictatorial. According to Puea Pandin spokesman Wachiramon Kunakasemthanawat, Sophon decided to leave the party because Prachai is no different from ousted PM and former TRT party Leader Thaksin Shinawatra who alone took control of the power. He also said that Sophon, who was Deputy Leader of Matchima Thippatai party, left the party because of conflicts in electoral constituencies with former senator Karun Sai-ngarm. Some of Matchima Thippatai members reportedly

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=122772

Edited by sriracha john

And now threats from Yongyuth... (currently on bail awaiting trial for attempted murder)

Yongyuth warns "political tsunami" could happen if PPP persecuted

Yongyuth Tiyapairaj, a former aide of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, said Friday a political tsunami (tsunami=coup?) could happen if the People Power Party is persecuted in the upcoming election.

"The election should be held under democratic rules or else a political tsunami will happen," Yongyuth, former environment and natural resources minister, said.

He said if the PPP is persecuted, the people will understand and decide to do something.

He means if the PPP is caught red handed doing it's usual mafia style politics, the rule of law will be seen by them as persecution. "Surely you can't dare to dissolve our parties twice in a row?" :o Yes, they can...You've created a precedent for yourselves with your parliamentary seat gluttony and party hiring at the last election

"The people will decide whether to support us or choose bullets that will return to harm us," Yongyuth said.

He dares talk about bullets! :D(currently on bail awaiting trial for attempted murder)

Seeing there were no bullets fired with the last coup, this time around, bullets would not be returning should they ever be required, it would be a first. Sounds to me like they intend to do something that will necessitate bullets to put a stop to it. Of course, they won't catch bullets themselves "for the country", they'll hire people to do that.

He said he did not think vote buying would be rampant.

Everyone else but his party and affiliates got that one, watch them spend.

The Nation

I'm expecting rampant cheating, PPP removed from the race with valid and obvious reasons and then small riots from their part, playing the victim again. Nothing but political pests without a platform wanting power and revenge.

Edited by Tony Clifton

Great post Tony, you make it very easy to show the comparison to a playground bully mentality.

I can easily imagine Thaksin shaking his head saying to himself :o what I bunch I have to work with.

Edited by John K

It looks like there are at least some candidates in the pool that look like they want to do things for Thailand and they have seen the writing on the wall. The other pro Thaksin and self serving ones are running around with correction pens trying to find a home.

Three small parties dissolved

The Constitution Tribunal Friday ordered dissolution of three small parties for having violating the political party law.

The tribunal ordered the Rak Paendin Thai and Thamma Thippatai parties to be dissolved for having failed to file report of their activities in 2005 to the Election Commission.

The tribunal ordered the Palang Dharma Party to be dissolved for failing to submit to the EC receipts of its spending of its subsidy received from the EC in 2005.

The Nation

A lesson for bigger parties?

Intereting developments. Jakropob abandons any pretence of being a political moderniser by joining theold facist Samak on a stage. No surprise really in the times of political whores and guns for sale. A small group of ex-TRT MPs defects from PPP. Pretty much what those I know on the T side predicted - an early surge for PPP with the other side then trying to chip away at the base they have formed. Will they take away enough? Lies aimed at easily marketable soundbites at the PPP rally about vote Dem and never get T back. Will it actually appeal to enough? Yuth "dooyen" making threats. Nothing surprisng there for anyone who has followed his life. PPP try to make the meme that if there is a free (meaning ignore our transfer fees and vote buying but stop all other vote manipulation by any non-PPP group) election only PPP can win. This works two ways if they win it is as expected. However, if they lose it is because they are victims (common T meme now) and there was cheating. Do they really think they can win or are they preparing a dose more confrontation when they lose. Many analysts still see a Dem led coalition although a few are now moving towards a PPP win. Hard to call this election until all the transfers of sitting MPs are in. Talking of which we see those in the anti-PPP side ex-TRT switching parties. The newly formeds are probably starting to get their financial backers sorted to some degree and lining up potential winners in their transfer trades. PPP had it sortede months ago although face having their numbers reduced somewhat. The PM is still going on about the evil of vote buying. Works two or three ways. He really cares. The meme that this vil must and will be dealt with by the authorites is established and then there is the Buri Ram charter effect where some residents have said they yes voted to prove their province was not a thralldom of bought slaves, which apparently was a major shock for Newin. Maybe some see this effect being broadened out to other provinces - show you cant be bought by not voting PPP, it is PPP that are always heavily linked with vote buying. And finally the farcical politycal rallies attended by low numbers across th spectrum and where people leave as soon as they can thereby embarrassing the parties. Those that think there will be some revolution or event after this election whichever way it goes had better take note of this. People by their actions are showing quite the opposite in that they are turned off by the parties and their actions, and in that maybe Thailand will get through whatever the outcome is as people just get on with their lives. Not to say any side coldt raise a quick demo of up to a hundred thousand but just that most people now seem apathetic which strangely goes hand in hand with what ordinary people on the street say.

Lots of developments here and that is without the deal scenario being pushed around. Still a few months to go. Oh what fun.

What is the day they need to be locked in to a party? I though it was already past. All this jumping from party to party is confusing to say the least. I don’t like him because he wants “x” and so on. From what I have seen all the party jumpers have been jumping for self serving reasons.

Pracharaj, Matchima Thippatai, Ruamjai Thai Chat Pattana to merge

Following rifts and failed attempts to merge earlier, the Pracharaj, Matchima Thippatai and Ruamjai Thai Chat Pattana Saturday agreed to merge into one party, Pracharaj deputy leader Korn Dabaransi said.

The leader of the merged party and other details will be worked out and known within the next 24 hours, he said.

Korn made the announcement after a meeting of leaders and leading members of the three parties at his house.

The three parties aborted their initial attempts to merge and form a party since Matchima Thippatai and and Ruamjai Thai Chat Pattana were simply groups of former MPs because they could not agree on leadership and power sharing.

Attending the meeting were Matchima Thippatai leader Prachai Liewpairaj and Matchima Thippatai's Anongwan Thepsutin and Somsak Thepsutin.

Apart from Korn, Pracharaj leader Snoh Thienthong and Chianchuang Kalayanamitr, Aram Lohveera, as well as Suchart Bandasak also represented Pracharaj to attend the meeting..

Bannawit Kengrian represented the Ruamjai Thai Chat Pattana to the meeting.

Korn said an official press conference will be held Sunday to announce the merger.

Prachai said he decided to merge his party with the two others after seeing a picture of late former prime minister Chatichai Choonhavan with other veteran politicians.

Prachai said he believed that Chatichai would like politicians in these three parties to work together.

Snoh appeared under tension and declined to talk to reporters after the meeting.

Earlier, Prachai led a mass defection from Snoh's Pracharaj to set up the Matchima Thippatai. Snoh and Prachai since then exchanged public criticisms several times.

The merger was announced just a day after a group of Matchima Thippatai announced it would leave the party out of dissatisfaction against what they called Prachai's dictatorship.

Some of them, including Sophon Phetsawang, a former deputy leader of the Matchima Thippatai, have already left the party to join the For the Motherland Party.

The Nation

What is the day they need to be locked in to a party? I though it was already past. All this jumping from party to party is confusing to say the least. I don’t like him because he wants “x” and so on. From what I have seen all the party jumpers have been jumping for self serving reasons.

Iirc, and I no doubt stand to be corrected, it is now 30 days before candidate registration for the election.

Ok so here is a prediction as to what will happen strictly based on the calendar.

December 23, 2007 Thailand will hold general elections.

December 28, 2007 the election results will be announced.

December 29, 2007 the angry losers (more than likely PPP/TRT) will proceed with their typical style of showing their anger that often leads to violence.

December 31, 2007 new years eve. More bombs from the pissed off now unemployed corrupt politicians.

Edited by John K

Ex-MPs' children to run in poll

Banned executives of former party plan for kids to be PPP candidates

Some of the 111 former executives of Thai Rak Thai banned from politics for five years plan to field their children in the general election as they cannot run themselves because of the court ruling that disbanded their former party.

Former Nakhon Ratchasima MP Pairoj Suwunchwee has decided to field his elder son Polapee, 25, to stand in his place.

Polapee is currently studying for his master's degree at the London College of Communication in the United Kingdom and will graduate next year, Pairoj said.

He said Polapee wanted to become a politician because he came from a family of politicians.

"He has paid attention to politics since he was young. When I was banned, local residents asked me to field my son in the poll," Pairoj said.

He said his son was unhappy with the current political situation because he supported democracy.

Pairoj said his canvassers were visiting local residents to introduce his son as the People Power Party (PPP) candidate, but the people already knew Polapee as his elder son and were ready to vote for him.

"Perhaps Polapee will not have to seek votes himself; I and my canvassers can do it. He will certainly win because the people still support me and the Thai Rak Thai, which is now PPP," he said.

Ruengwit Lik, a former Kamphaeng Phet MP, said he would also field his son Pai, 28.

Praising his son, Ruengwit said Pai was good-looking and could become a model.

He was a graduate in Communication Arts from Sripatum University and studying for a master's degree in Political Science at Ramkhamhaeng University.

Ruengwit said Pai had followed politics for a long time and would have contested the general election planned for October 15 last year had it not been for the coup.

"Pai has accompanied me on campaigns since he was young, he absorbed politics from me. I am not worried about him contesting the election. I believe in his abilities," he said.

"My constituency base is strong - it might be enough to send him to Parliament."

Wisaradee Techatheerawat, 25, daughter of former Chiang Rai MP Wisarn, said she was confident of being elected because residents of the northern province still supported Thai Rak Thai and ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra.

She said her father was her role model and inspired her to become a politician. "I have seen people ask for help from my father - I want to help them as my father did," she said. Following her father's political ban, she said she sought to change crisis into opportunity by meeting PPP secretary-general Surapong Suebwonglee and offering herself as a candidate.

Wisaradee denied that she was her father's nominee, and said he initially disagreed with her decision to contest the poll.

"My father never asked me to replace him for the election. He didn't want me to run, but I want to prove that I can do it. I want to be a politician," she said.

"I have to prove that I can do it. I chose my [campaign] staff and introduced myself to local residents without any assistance from my father."

Wisaradee, who earned a master's degree in International Business Administration in England, was earlier head of the Chiang Rai Provincial Administration Office. She was also a member of the anti-coup group that held rallies at Sanam Luang earlier this year.

Wisaradee said she had seen during campaigning that former prime minister Thaksin still had influence.

"People want him to come back. But they like Khun Samak [sundaravej] too," she said, referring to the PPP leader who is seen as Thaksin's representative.

She said she had met Thaksin recently and asked him to record a speech in the northern dialect for her to use in her campaign.

The Nation

:o

Forgot to add :

Pairoj Suwunchwee is #69 on the List of 111 Thai Rak Thai executives who were banned from politics for five years for engaging in electoral fraud.

Ruengwit Lik is #98 on the List of 111 Thai Rak Thai executives who were banned from politics for five years for engaging in electoral fraud.

Wisarn Techatheerawat is #99 on the List of 111 Thai Rak Thai executives who were banned from politics for five years for engaging in electoral fraud.

Ahhh family values. :o

They may establish a record here with two generations banned consecutively from politics. :D

Edited by Tony Clifton

Iirc, and I no doubt stand to be corrected, it is now 30 days before candidate registration for the election.

The proposed date for Candidate Registration for Party List is 7th - 11th November

The proposed date for Candidate Registration for Constituency Candates is 6th - 12th November

According to the Election Commission, the last date for being registered with a Political Party in order to contest the next election is 7th November.

The 30 day rule as stipulated in the Constitution (Article 296) only states that a person has to be a member of a political party for a continuous period of 30 days prior to the election, so is in reality totally irrelevant..

One of the reasons that there has been so much jumping about by people over the last week, is that it was only in the last few days that the Election Commission actually told the Political parties what each constituency was going to comprise of, as they had to cut the number of constituencies from 400 in the last election down to 157 in the up-coming election, and there are now 8 party list constituencies instead of a Single National constituency. As there were a few suprises when they published the constituencies, there were a few people who decided to change parties rather rapidly...

Details of the new party list constituencies can be found at:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007/10/17...cs_30052751.php

Samak claims to have proof of anti-PPP plot

(BangkokPost.com) – Samak Sundaravej continues to fan the flames of political conflict with claims that he has classified documents to prove that there is an ongoing operation to destroy the People Power party (PPP).

The PPP leader, in an emotional statement, said the secret government documents left an unnamed military general in charge of an operation to "annihilate all members of the old power clique including members of the People Power party."

Samak claimed the mission entailed getting the media to misinform the public and to belittle the party’s populist policies and even involved "getting rid of certain members."

More mouth running here: http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=122899

Well it was predicted they would do this, so it proves they are not to hard to figure out

I can imagine the "secret government document" says that 111 former TRT members are to be banned from politics no mater what name they use.

As I was reading this news clipping, I envisioned one of the little bobbing head things you may put in your car. Except in this case it was Samak’s jaw that was bobbing up and down.

Samak alleges junta for nasty plan to ruin PPP

Samak Sundaravej, leader of the People Power Party (PPP), Tuesday revealled two confidential documents related to the junta's leaders which he claimed were guidelines of a plot to ruin his party ahead of the December 23 election.

He told reporters gathering at his Bangkok residence that the documents were leaked from a state agency. The party had examined and found them genuine, he said.

The documents stated that the [junta-sponsored] government had to convince the public how the country would suffer if the old clique [of deposed premier Thaksin Shinawatra] returned to power, Samak said.

Moreover, Samak continued, the documents said the government should produce news scoops to point out that it had no use to vote for PPP because its leader [samak] would not enable to assume the prime ministership as he was alleged of a corruption scandal.

Samak lambasted the plot's masterminds, saying they should be ashamed for the nasty plan.

The Nation

A ghost of an evil plan written on a piece of paper no one will ever get to see. Should we get to see the said plan, it will have proven to be a gross exaggeration of his from what it originally contained.

The only purpose to this story is to confuse their followers into thinking they will later on be "persecuted" as he mentioned before, when in fact they are the ones who have already making numerous threats that could plunge the country into an even deeper mess.

They want power back at any cost and are playing the victim already when in fact they are the criminals. Just wait and see.

Edited by Tony Clifton

Agh The Samak of old is back with full political drama doing what he does best (aside of cheerleading massacres that is). Closely followed by something on a TRT/PPP website in the tradition of the plots schemes aimed against TRT and Mr. T that we have constantly heard of and where they are always just a tad away from producing proof, which of course never materialises. Yes welcome to the traditional Thai political game. Not disimilar to Finalnd in many ways but from a different side. Most of it seems quite plausible and those that want to believe will but no irrefutable proof is ever found although sometimes a few bits of paper or tapes are produced that dont ever really stand a test. Just the same old dance in the manouvers of Thai politics that have gone on since long before the current players.

Of course the CNS are going to try and undermine the PPP just the same as the PPP have already and are going to use more money to get advatage after an election to undermine the CNS and return T in his full glory.

Fake car bomb near his residence, exploding air-con unit on a plane, motorcycle hitting his motorcade, and a few other absurdities which according to Thaksin, were all assassination attempts. :o

Nothing but PPP (TRT) playing the sympathy card again, lying to it's voters once more about their political party's fake assassination attempt.

Circus clowns.

Pro-Thaksin website claims anti-PPP plot

(BangkokPost.com) – Hot on the heels of claims made by People Power party (PPP) leader Samak Sundaravej’s of a conspiracy to prevent him and his party from rising to power, a website run by pro-Thaksin supporters carried a column supposedly confirming the plot.

The www.hi-thaksin-net website carried the commentary under the pen name "pradab".

The writer included details of what he or she claimed were classified documents entitled "Secret CNS mission to annihilate the People Power party" and signed by Gen Chatchalerm Chalermsuk.

According to PPP leader Samak, the classified documents, dated September 14 and 26, were prepared as reports to an army superior in a state agency with the abbreviations CNS. (The most common use of "CNS" is for the military junta which seized power from the Thaksin government on Sept 19, 2006, and stands for Council for National Security.)

The revelation of these documents which appeared on the controversial website came right after Mr Samak held a press conference on Tuesday claiming to have information on a campaign by a state agency to suppress the PPP.

Mr Samak never mentioned the identity of the agency the documents were addressed to but it is believed that he was referring to the Council for National Security and its former chairman Gen Sonthi Boonyaratkalin, now a deputy prime minister in charge of security and overseeing a campaign against vote-buying for the Dec 23 election.

CNS denies anti-PPP plot

(BangkokPost.com) - Council for National Security (CNS) spokesman Sansern Kaewkamnerd on Wednesday dismissed claims by People Power party (PPP) leader Samak Sundaravej that a state agency with the abbreviated name of CNS has plotted a plan to prevent him and his party from rising to power.

Col Sansern said the allegation is aimed at destroying credibility of the army, and that the documents that Mr Samak used in backing up his claim might be a fraud.

"No one will write reports on a confidential matter like this," he said in a television interview. "It is possible that some military figures may have created the fake documents to ask for money from the PPP leader because they know he has a lot of money."

He also said this could be a political ploy, adding that some parties may want sympathy votes from the people.

Col Sansern insisted that army chief Anupong Paochinda has a clear policy that the army stays impartial and does not back any political parties.

"The CNS has also reduced its roles," he said. "I do not see any CNS members who take an active role in attacking allies of ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra. There are only those who spark new issues."

He also said he will not try to mend rifts with Mr Samak, explaining that it is highly unlikely that he can persuade someone with such a strong attitude.

Edited by Tony Clifton

Gen Sonthi dismissed allegations gov trying to undermine PPP

Deputy Prime Minister of Internal Security General Sonthi Boonyaratglin this morning denied allegations that his administration has the intention to undermine the People’s Power Party. General Sonthi stated clearly that he had not heard of such a plot and that it was unlikely the government would take such a stance. He stated though that for the sake of transparency he would allow the Council for National Security (CNS) accused of setting up the plot, to answer questions from the media.

The People’s Power Party alleges that it discovered documentation that the CNS under the leadership of General Sonthi has set definite plans to discredit and impede the work of the party. The former CNS chairman responded that he had never considered such action and that the CNS would never engage in such acts.

Nonetheless, General Sonthi and the CNS will make themselves available for questions today.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 24 October 2007

Democrat holds annual general meeting to consider MP candidates

The Democrat Party holds an annual meeting today to consider candidates for members of the parliament (MPs) and affirms the party will strictly abide by the electoral laws.

Democrat Leader Abhisit Vejjajiva (อภิสิทธิ์ เวชชาชีวะ) announces during the meeting that the party has sent letters to its members and relevant people to strictly abide by the laws. The meeting will brainstorm on the party’s policy and exchange opinions about people’s problems.

Deputy Leader of Democrat Withoon Namutr (วิฑูรย์ นามบุตร) and ex-member of the parliament from Udon Thani province, Isara Somchai (อิสระ สมชัย), held a news conference prior to the meeting, saying that they would not quit the Democrat to join other parties but admitted that they were approached. They also affirmed no former MPs of Democrat had requested to resign from the party and said they had no conflict with Kraisak Choonhaven (ไกรศักดิ์ ชุณหะวัณ), chairman of the party’s committee overseeing MP candidates on the Northeast.

Democrat holds annual general meeting to consider MP candidates

The Democrat Party holds an annual meeting today to consider candidates for members of the parliament (MPs) and affirms the party will strictly abide by the electoral laws.

Democrat Leader Abhisit Vejjajiva (อภิสิทธิ์ เวชชาชีวะ) announces during the meeting that the party has sent letters to its members and relevant people to strictly abide by the laws. The meeting will brainstorm on the party’s policy and exchange opinions about people’s problems.

Deputy Leader of Democrat Withoon Namutr (วิฑูรย์ นามบุตร) and ex-member of the parliament from Udon Thani province, Isara Somchai (อิสระ สมชัย), held a news conference prior to the meeting, saying that they would not quit the Democrat to join other parties but admitted that they were approached. They also affirmed no former MPs of Democrat had requested to resign from the party and said they had no conflict with Kraisak Choonhaven (ไกรศักดิ์ ชุณหะวัณ), chairman of the party’s committee overseeing MP candidates on the Northeast.

While not thinking the Dems are totally clean in terms of electoral shennanigans they are generally seen as getting up to a lot less than other parties. I always wonder just how much, if at all, this disadvantages them electorally vis-a-vis other parties, and if there is ever a debate inside the party over whether to get into fullscale transfer fee recrutiment and the hiring of a secretary general for the party who could financioally influence the outcome of an election. Personally I hope they dont go that way, but wonder at the temptations for them as they see others so often beat them to the post. Maybe they will be rewarded this time around.

Gen.Panlop not party member of For the Motherland Party

Leader of the For the Motherland Party, Suwit Khunkitti (สุวิทย์ คุณกิตติ), says Gen.Panlop Pinmanee (พัลลภ ปิ่นมณี) is not a member and holds no post in the party.

In response to rumors that Gen.Panlop was appointed as advisor of the party, Mr Suwit says Gen.Wanlop, advisor of the Internal Security Operations Command (ISOC), joined the party’s news conference as an acquaintance of him and that ISOC advisor plays no part in the party’s policy.

As for rumors that four members of the Matchima Thipatai (มัชฌิมาธิปไตย) Party will join For the Motherland, Mr Suwit says he has yet learned about the matter in detail. He adds that the four people have to pass the party’s selection process in order to become party members.

Surayud allays concern about undermining PPP

Prime Minister Surayud Chulanont admitted on Wednesday he had photocopies of documents purported to undermine the People Power Party but detected no violence or malicious plans against the party.

"In the documents I don't see any mentions of violence or suspicious activities although the government and the junta will review the matter in order to ensure a fair and transparent election," he said.

Surayud said the documents outlined how the junta evaluated and braced for the situation in the past year.

He said the people would render their judgement on People Power and that the Army already made it clear soldiers would not tamper with the electoral process.

The junta's documents did not address any specific measures to undermine or pressure any party, he added.

Meanwhile, Deputy Prime Minister Sonthi Boonyaratglin backpedalled on Wednesday from his previous stand relating the allegation of the junta's ploy to undermine the People Power Party (PPP).

"The Army should clarify the matter because I don't have a chance to see original copies of documents purported to be the plan against People Power," Sonthi said, reverting from his Tuesday's outright denial.

Party leader Samak Sundaravej alleged that the junta issued two classified documents on the ploy against his party last month when Sonthi was the junta chief.

In his rebuttal, Sonthi said he had nothing to hide because documents could be checked and verified.

He said under his leadership, the junta had dealt with many securityrelated issues and churned out several measures deemed necessary under the circumstances, hinting that some measures might have addressed politicians ousted by the September 19 coup.

"National security is utmost important and the junta's activities to safeguard the country have not been designed against a particular individual or specific issue," he said.

The Nation