Non o visa (married to Thai wife) health insurance

I have not kept up to date with the latest insurance requirements to get a non o visa based on being married to my Thai wife. It’s difficult to see on websites with conflicting views. Can anyone who has recently acquired a non o visa based on marriage let me know what the health insurance requirements are.  My wife gets health insurance from the hospital she works at and this also covers me for health insurance, would this be accepted  by immigration.

I have a Non-O Visa and have been extending my stay each year based on marriage. So far, as best I know, there is no health insurance requirement like there is for an O Visa or an extension based on retirement.

HOWEVER, being 76, I did get a health insurance policy that meets Immigration's requirements (400K + 40K) last year when I was still 75 because it's very difficult to get health insurance when you are older than 75. It is renewable until I am 100! ????  I anticipate Immigrations will eventually require this for all visas and long-stay extensions, but as I stated above, so far it has not done so for a Non-O stay extension based on marriage.

My one-year Immigrations-satisfying health insurance policy cost me about THB 12K. It has a very high deductible, but I actually, I don't ever expect to use it. I'll have to renew it in a couple of months, and I expect it will be a little more expensive, but still under THB 15K.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, ardsong said:

health insurance not required for Non-O visa but it is for Non-OA visa

The OP is married.

Extensions based on marriage even from a non O-A do not require insurance. 

Yes correct that if applying for a non O-A visa, insurance is required. 

Edited by DrJack54

10 hours ago, Karlo said:

Can anyone who has recently acquired a non o visa based on marriage let me know what the health insurance requirements are.

The requirement for health insurance on visa applications was lifted on 1st July 2022.

If you go to the E-visa website there is a popup message to that effect.

4 minutes ago, sandyf said:

The requirement for health insurance on visa applications was lifted on 1st July 2022.

He was asking about the medical insurance being required for a extension of stay not covid 19 insurance previously required for entry to the country.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

He was asking about the medical insurance being required for a extension of stay not covid 19 insurance previously required for entry to the country.

You should read the OP again.

"Can anyone who has recently acquired a non o visa based on marriage let me know what the health insurance requirements are. "

Have you recently acquired a non o visa based on marriage?

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

You should read the OP again.

"Can anyone who has recently acquired a non o visa based on marriage let me know what the health insurance requirements are. "

Have you recently acquired a non o visa based on marriage?

Yeah I have and there is no HEALTH INSURANCE required for a marriage visa, in fact it is still under consideration but finalised and the Health Insurance requirement for some visas was not lifted on any date.

12 hours ago, Karlo said:

Can anyone who has recently acquired a non o visa based on marriage let me know what the health insurance requirements are

Zero, for the application or extension of marriage visa you do not need proof of health insurance

2 hours ago, billsmart said:

HOWEVER, being 76, I did get a health insurance policy that meets Immigration's requirements (400K + 40K) last year when I was still 75 because it's very difficult to get health insurance when you are older than 75. It is renewable until I am 100! ????  I anticipate Immigrations will eventually require this for all visas and long-stay extensions, but as I stated above, so far it has not done so for a Non-O stay extension based on marriage.

My one-year Immigrations-satisfying health insurance policy cost me about THB 12K. It has a very high deductible, but I actually, I don't ever expect to use it. I'll have to renew it in a couple of months, and I expect it will be a little more expensive, but still under THB 15K.

Could you PM me the info for the Insurance company and policy you used? I'd be most grateful.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

3 hours ago, Billy Bloggs said:

Yeah I have and there is no HEALTH INSURANCE required for a marriage visa, in fact it is still under consideration but finalised and the Health Insurance requirement for some visas was not lifted on any date.

The popup on the E-visa website appears to have dropped off the bottom, it was there when I did mine a few weeks ago.

Bangkok, 17 June, 2022 – Thailand’s Centre of COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) today approved the removal of the Thailand Pass registration scheme and an US$10,000 health insurance requirement for foreign visitors, effective 1 July, 2022. Both requirements were initially removed for Thai nationals from 1 June, 2022.

https://www.tatnews.org/2022/06/thailand-pass-registration-scheme-to-be-lifted-from-1-july-2022/

8 hours ago, billsmart said:

I have a Non-O Visa and have been extending my stay each year based on marriage. So far, as best I know, there is no health insurance requirement like there is for an O Visa or an extension based on retirement.

Very interesting, thanks for posting this..

Would you please share the insurance company details. By PM if you prefer.

9 hours ago, billsmart said:

Could you tell me more about your insurance.  What company is it with>  I am 75 and I have been trying to get health insurance for years without any success.  I also have a Non-O and worry that someday insurance might be required and then I can't get it.  Also, like you I would never expect to use it either.

10 hours ago, billsmart said:

Please PM me the details of insurance.

Thanks

11 hours ago, CM Dad said:

Could you tell me more about your insurance.  What company is it with>  I am 75 and I have been trying to get health insurance for years without any success.  I also have a Non-O and worry that someday insurance might be required and then I can't get it.  Also, like you I would never expect to use it either.

Message sent...

11 hours ago, CM Dad said:

I have LMG Liberty Mutual Insurance. They have local offices all over Thailand. Their website is at Home | LMG Insurance. Good luck! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billsmart said:

I can just tell you here. It's LMG Liberty Mutual Insurance. They have local offices all Thailand. Their website is at Home | LMG Insurance. Good luck!

I do the same as I needed it before for my O-A I had to use to get back in, will keep it now even though Im now on a Married.

Im lucky my premiums are a tad lower as Im slightly younger, it is only there for the big emergency if it ever happens.

• Thumbs Up 1