Offshore Banking

hello all

being a expat brit i and living and working in asia, I am not keen on keeping all my money in thailand.

just a quick post to ask if anyone here has got any advice on any good offshore bank accounts that are reliable and offer good ROI?

have been looking at some out of the C.I.'s but rates arent that great at all and some I even have to be a UK resident still, which seems silly to me as I thought the main reason for offshore account was for expats who are not resident in their home country?

but anyway... any advice gladly taken.

Use the search function with "shore" and "bank". This subject was covered many times.

I could quickly repeat what I said before : Singapore. No taxes on interests earned (for instance on fixed time deposits), good banks (OCCB, DBS), stable environment , premium banking available for more than 200 000 SGD etc.

Easy.

My partner just applied for and got an offshore bank account in Guernsey with HSBC.

Can be done completely by mail, but you do need notarized English translations of utility bills (electric, water, fixed phone line etc).

He got everything stamped and sealed by a local Pattaya lawyer for 1000 Baht, sent it of and within 10 days has accountnr., swift code, internet banking etc...

Google for hsbc offshore. Application forms are downloadable.

When I worked in the Balkans I recieved a lot of info about the Isle of Mann, that was about 7 years ago, but the representative told me that they had a lot of benefits that many others didn't have. They also don't have the reputation that the Caymans have for drugs and other questionable accounts. I was also told that you could actually have a debit card and withdraw funds as needed and the amounts wouldn't have to be reported to your home country.