foreign tourist causing a public nuisance after drinking for two straight days

snoop1130

4 hours ago, ArtVandelay said:

I watched a foreigner roaring drunk staggering down a road near Khao San in the middle of the day a couple years ago.   So naturally, he wanders into the same restaurant I'm sitting in demanding a hamburger from the waitress.   Rather than refuse service, she quietly but firmly explains how he has to pay up front because he's drunk.   Now he's offended.  A loud argument ensues, he finally agrees to pay, sits down, scarfs his food when it comes and gently walks away a different man.  

He must have been hangry.   Bad combo alcohol and empty stomach apparently.

Some men are always like that when they drink, some even before they become visibly drunk. Probably part of why many women don't like their men drinking.

"Instant a-hole - just add alcohol"

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A car nearby was damaged as well and after an extended period of time and with the assistance of crowd control tools as seen in the photo above the man was finally caught and arrested by about a dozen police officers.

One officer and a taser is all it needs.

2 hours ago, khunjeff said:

The "amok catcher" that they're using has a long tradition in Southeast Asia - you can see them in some museums in Malaysia, and to the right in this old engraving from the Dutch East Indies. 

amok_groot.jpg

Thus in the modern English language "they ran amok" meaning running in a wild or frenzied state. From the Bahasa word, first recorded by Captain Cook in 1770.

• Like 2

Will never understand men who become crazy like this when they drink.

Alcohol makes me extremely loving, kind and generous, which is why I very seldom go out drinking.

I simply can’t afford it and the bar-girls just love me too much when I am drunk ????

Also my arm hurts the day after from ringing the bell

and throwing ping pong balls around.

Edited by khunpa
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, khunpa said:

An American shouting… who would have thought?

So it is only Americans who shout? I have met and know quite a few Americans both here and in America and never known any who was problematic.

Maybe it's you own attitude you should look at.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dcheech said:

What a great photo op! The Thai police with all their farang catcher gear on hand, how lucky is that. Meanwhile the local drunk in the neighborhood next to my condo gets to run amuck every  month with no police in sight.  

"...the local drunk in the neighborhood next to my condo gets to run amuck every  month with no police in sight". 

Maybe someone should call them, then.

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

So it is only Americans who shout? I have met and know quite a few Americans both here and in America and never known any who was problematic.

Maybe it's you own attitude you should look at.

Dont cry on your pillow tonight. 

thanks to god Im not american. What a broken messed up country. 

15 hours ago, Dcheech said:

What a great photo op! The Thai police with all their farang catcher gear on hand, how lucky is that. Meanwhile the local drunk in the neighborhood next to my condo gets to run amuck every  month with no police in sight.  

BECAUSE  " IT IS RESERVED FOR THAI ONLY "  but Brits & Yanks always trying to compete 55

2 minutes ago, jack71 said:

Dont cry on your pillow tonight. 

thanks to god Im not american. What a broken messed up country. 

I am referring to individual people here, the way the world is today, are there many countries that are not mixed up?

Look at the UK, there are thousands of people especially older ones who are not going to be able to heat their homes this winter mainly because of the greedy capitalist power companies.

15 hours ago, nightfox said:

How embarrassing and pathetic is this photo of 8 Thai cops trying to subdue 1 drunk moran using what looks like recycled pool cleaning equipment. No wonder cops here are a laughing stock with pictures like these. 

The American way of apprehending this guy would have involved 8 cops emptying their revolvers…reloading and emptying them again…then claiming they feared for their lives. 

As an American…I prefer the Thai Police manner of handling simple disturbances. 

• Like 2

Pathetic behaviour. Can't hold his drink, and creates another nail in the coffin of of the reputation of westerners in Thailand. I, and those around me, were hard drinkers when younger but I don't remember any of us ever becoming rat-arsed and incapable, even after partying for days on end. Can't laugh at the RTP's caution in this case. They were dealing with a moronic  alien and had no idea what he might do next.

8 hours ago, malibukid said:

got very sick on Whisky as a kid.  first and last time.  glad i did.

Hm,...I was a bar tender/waiter in the biggest discotheque in my town when I was young,...with all the bad examples I had there,...I never drank in my life, but tasted almost everything, just to know.

21 hours ago, In the jungle said:

So why is the policeman pointing at someone who is not the suspect?

I thought Thais had the pointing game nailed.  Mr Plod is really letting the side down.

"You stay there!"

7 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

Thus in the modern English language "they ran amok" meaning running in a wild or frenzied state. From the Bahasa word, first recorded by Captain Cook in 1770.

you know that "bahasa" simply means language, right?

A news trolling post has been removed.

Per the forum's rules:

"17. The ASEAN NOW news team gathers and disseminates news bulletins from Thai and international sources, and republishes them in the news forums for our members' information and enjoyment. Our news team works hard to bring quality content to the news forums and should be respected for their efforts. Comments such as "slow news day" or "clickbait headline" are disrespectful and unwelcome."