3 hours ago, mackayae said:

My last two transfers came as "Transfer from A/c at Other Bank" as opposed to

"International Transfer"
First time this has happened. Is there another company that does transfers reliably.

1.  You used "long stay in Thailand" as transfer reason?

2.  You have requested they flag the receiving account at Bangkok Bank to always used Bangkok Bank payment account?

That said it is not the end of the world as you can obtain receipt from Wise and use that to request paperwork from the sending Thai bank to prove foreign origin.

Most SWIFT transfers would be marked as foreign if you send directly from your bank.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mackayae said:

Yes I used long stay in Thailand. This is the first time it has happened to me. Been using this service since the BBL NY service. Do I give the paperwork to Immigration to show 65K/month X 12.

Although that often works better to also flag the account - the only downside is all transfers will have the 2PM receive time to that account once flagged.  But as said you can get paperwork that will allow immigration to accept that transfer so will still be able to use for income proof.  Just more work.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2022 at 9:15 AM, mackayae said:

Yes I used long stay in Thailand. This is the first time it has happened to me. Been using this service since the BBL NY service. Do I give the paperwork to Immigration to show 65K/month X 12.

It may not be Wise at fault... I transferred two substantial sums earlier this year to buy a condo...both carefully marked as Purchase of Property...Bangkok Bank (Beach road) declared they were not international so I could not use them as part of my proof of funds from abroad.  They could see that they were actually from abroad (they said), but computer said no.  After about an hour, eventually they declared they could send paperwork to Head Office for entries to be amended. Why TF they couldn't hae said that at the beginning.....

Same bank made a mess of my last yearly printout for immigration (my fault that I neded one as I forgot to update my passbook so had a combined entry).  Have moved to Kasikorn

PH