Ordinary Partnership requirements

Excuse my ignorance but the information on the internet regarding setting up an ordinary partnership is rather vague. 

I'm looking at this option of setting up an ordinary partnership with a Thai person. As per legal requirements, 2 locals must be employed in case of  foreigner being part of the business.

Do the partners have to be related?  Are there any red flags?

When will the work permit come into the picture? Do these partners have to obtain the relevant documents from the Registrar and then the foreigner must use these docs to apply for the work permit? 

Lastly, if the foreigner is on a Non-O extension, can the foreigner apply for a change of the type of Visa extension within Thailand at a local immigration? 

Nobody seems to answer.

To my knowledge you are fully responsible - all for one and one for all - in an ordinary partnership, if it's a partnership limited only one partner needs to be fully responsible. Employees can be partner and anybody else, but do pay social security as proof of employment. You should be able to find details with a Google-search.

If you are married to a Thai and your extension-of-stay is based on marriage, you can obtain a work permit. If your non-O extension-of-stay is based on retirement, you need to change to a non-B visa abroad and re-enter on that visa.

7 hours ago, khunPer said:

Nobody seems to answer.

To my knowledge you are fully responsible - all for one and one for all - in an ordinary partnership, if it's a partnership limited only one partner needs to be fully responsible. Employees can be partner and anybody else, but do pay social security as proof of employment. You should be able to find details with a Google-search.

If you are married to a Thai and your extension-of-stay is based on marriage, you can obtain a work permit. If your non-O extension-of-stay is based on retirement, you need to change to a non-B visa abroad and re-enter on that visa.

Thanks for your reply.

I reckon I must pay a visit at the so-called Department of Commerce. There is one in my town. 

I thought the extension could be converted to another type within Thailand but the information is, again, rather vague on that.

I live in Thailand on Non-O based on married to a Thai, but this will change soon. 

• Like 1