Non B on an emergency travel document.

HELP ..My passport has only 1 page left and I need to get a new non b visa. I have all the paperwork to go to Laos for it.. Question ;  can I get an emergency travel document (UK) and use it to go to Laos to get my non B... university wants me to start next week. new passport will take over 2 months. I'm currently on visa exempt good until the 16th of Nov (got 45 days on the 3rd of October. university did not have paperwork ready when I went to laos..with 3 day overstay..

Edited by Steven mason

Have a look, i am not sure you can use it to get visa

https://www.gov.uk/emergency-travel-document

UK Emergency Travel Documents

UK Emergency Travel Documents (ETDs) are accepted for entry, airside transit and exit from Laos. If you’re planning to enter Laos using a UK ETD you should contact the nearest Lao embassy or consulate to get the appropriate visa before you travel.

If your passport has been lost or stolen, you must report the loss or theft to the nearest police station and get a police report. You will then need to get a certificate of loss from the Immigration Department in Vientiane, which usually takes 1 to 2 working days. After getting an ETD from the British Embassy, you will need to get an exit visa from the Lao Ministry of Foreign Affairs, which takes up to 3 days.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/laos/entry-requirements

Edited by howerde
missing text

Yes not clear you gov Thailand says

UK Emergency Travel Documents

UK Emergency Travel Documents (ETDs) are accepted for entry, airside transit and exit from Thailand. If you’re planning to enter Thailand using a UK ETD, you should contact the nearest Thai Embassy or Consulate before you travel to seek advice about whether a visa is required. If you’re requesting a 2-way ETD from Thailand, you must provide proof that you have a non-immigrant visa.

Good luck

• Like 1