Pattaya vs Hua Hin

parafareno

3 hours ago, jimn said:

Do I really need to say? Be my wife and live normally, what sort of question is that?

I just wondered how she was supporting herself as you are not giving her any money to be with you

.....   a genuine question is what it was 

Edited by hotandsticky
  • Like 2

I don't think I'd look in either place, too many two week millionaires, expats and sexpats around that set a profound precedent of being a walking ATM.

I think I'd start by spending time in Chiang Mai, Korat, or maybe even Udon Thani if you wanted to date a girl out of the trade.  These places still have plenty of city infrastructure and farang oriented restaurants/businesses without having to live in the boondocks/sticks to date a country bumpkin. 

Can always relocate later, but I think I'd start my search in a less well-traveled place than Hua Hin / Pattaya.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

I just wondered how she was supporting herself as you are not giving her any money to be with you

.....   a genuine question is what it was 

Ok I was refering to the fact that many guys pay their Thai lady to be with them. We go out I pay for the shopping on my credit card, when she goes out alone she puts it on a card on my account she carries. Never big amounts. She carries about 1000 baht on her to pay for little things and if she needs more I give her. So its a normal relationship and I dont pay her a salary. She has offered to go and work in a shop somewhere but for the small salary and the fact that we move between Thailand and the UK makes it not worthwhile.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2022 at 6:36 AM, jacko45k said:

What is being poured and dumped into it from the land ..... 

Right. Same <deleted> on both sides that all meets in the middle of the swamp they call the Gulf of Thailand.  You seriously didn't think that through. 

On 10/14/2022 at 5:12 AM, Maha Sarakham said:

I don't think I'd look in either place, too many two week millionaires, expats and sexpats around that set a profound precedent of being a walking ATM.

I think I'd start by spending time in Chiang Mai, Korat, or maybe even Udon Thani if you wanted to date a girl out of the trade.  These places still have plenty of city infrastructure and farang oriented restaurants/businesses without having to live in the boondocks/sticks to date a country bumpkin. 

Can always relocate later, but I think I'd start my search in a less well-traveled place than Hua Hin / Pattaya.  

Yes Nong Khai or Khon Kaen not Udon.

4 minutes ago, LikeItHot said:

Right. Same <deleted> on both sides that all meets in the middle of the swamp they call the Gulf of Thailand.  You seriously didn't think that through. 

Well, I seriously doubt that. The Eastern Seaboard is the stretch of industrial area Chachoengsao and Rayong, the region includes Chonburi Province, Chachoengsao Province, and Rayong Province with Samut Prakan Province on the periphery. The area is known as the Eastern Economic Area and contains 90% of the country's heavy manufacturing. Much of the waste from that area ends up in the Gulf, as does 70% of household waste that is discharged into the Chao Prayo River. The Hua Hin side has nothing that even begins to compare with those things.

2 hours ago, LikeItHot said:

No,  expect there is substantially more of it being dumped at the Pattaya side..... it will get washed back in evet high tide.