Need help with Multi-entry tourist visa application

• 2 weeks later...

An update if anyone is interested.

I just received (finally) my METV from the Thai Embassy in Ottawa.

How they managed to send it to me at 3 a.m Monday morning in Ottawa I have no idea.

They told me in a previous email they have received MANY visa requests, thus the delay.

I started the process Oct. 01, on the 12th they requested more information on my travel plans.

This, I think, is what confused many of us. They wanted a PDF document. I think now it did not matter the content, just the document format to plug into their system.

They never replied to emails saying documents had been received, so we were left wondering. They should have, like other embassies, acknowledged receipt of information.

Oh well. lesson learned.

On 11/14/2022 at 9:37 AM, Des1 said:

An update if anyone is interested.

I just received (finally) my METV from the Thai Embassy in Ottawa.

How they managed to send it to me at 3 a.m Monday morning in Ottawa I have no idea.

They told me in a previous email they have received MANY visa requests, thus the delay.

I started the process Oct. 01, on the 12th they requested more information on my travel plans.

This, I think, is what confused many of us. They wanted a PDF document. I think now it did not matter the content, just the document format to plug into their system.

They never replied to emails saying documents had been received, so we were left wondering. They should have, like other embassies, acknowledged receipt of information.

Oh well. lesson learned.

Hurray, now up to spend the visa in Thailand.

I am already there and all went smooth at immigration.

There were at that time absolutely no long lines of people. I ve never been so fast through it.

I had printed visa and showed, however guy didnt look that much to it. Just a short peek.

Pasport number in system and then stamped, done in record time.

However some other disturbances popped up. My plane left hour later, there for time span on next plane in BK was too short, couldnt get the plane. No worries, another was leaving later and i was trasferred to that one. The counter lady fixed in a jiffy, Thaivietair.

Well that one seems to have a big delay, so then i had lots of time....waiting.

But finally made it, was exhausted  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Hurray, now up to spend the visa in Thailand.

I am already there and all went smooth at immigration.

There were at that time absolutely no long lines of people. I ve never been so fast through it.

I had printed visa and showed, however guy didnt look that much to it. Just a short peek.

Pasport number in system and then stamped, done in record time.

However some other disturbances popped up. My plane left hour later, there for time span on next plane in BK was too short, couldnt get the plane. No worries, another was leaving later and i was trasferred to that one. The counter lady fixed in a jiffy, Thaivietair.

Well that one seems to have a big delay, so then i had lots of time....waiting.

But finally made it, was exhausted  

Glad to hear it!