Australian Dollar is collapsing

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Australia's balance of trade from September 2019 to September 2022 month by month has without exception been in positive territory. In June 2022, it was the highest on record at over $17 billion.

I don't know why you are trying to talk the AUD down. The prediction it is going to hit US 50 cents, when the USA has debt measured in trillions, is utterly delusional.

Down she goes.  Next stop 23.

But just wait until the 6th, that is when the fun will start.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know why everybody is complaining about the cost of living in OZ the cost of living is going up all over the world I live just on my pension don't own a house anymore no super anymore my rent for my 2-bedroom unit hasn't gone up in 6 years but then again, I don't live in the cool expansive cities like Sydney or Melbourne 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

23.37 is Friday's rate.  All downhill from here.  Sub 22 January.  And no it is not a cycle at play here.  It is intervention by the Oz Government and the RBA that has manufactured this collapse.

And today it is 23.48 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

The majority of gold is still in the ground because it is not economically viable to mine it.  That situation is getting worse by the day.

What is your point trying to talk down Australia go to some other country and see how you fear 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, still kicking said:

What is your point trying to talk down Australia go to some other country and see how you fear 

Month CPI Monthly Inflation Rate (%) Yearly Inflation Rate (%)
January 281.149 0.6 7.5
February 283.716 0.8 7.9
March 287.504 1.2 8.5
April 289.109 1.0

this is the USA 

and this is Australia 

Characteristic Inflation rate compared to previous year
2023* 4.8 %
2022* 6.5 %
2021 2.82 %
2020 0.89 %
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, still kicking said:

I guess he does not even live in OZ he has no idea 

Perhaps he has ambitions of shorting the Australian dollar.

Shorting is an activity that requires extremely deep pockets, if he had one of those I doubt he would waste his time posting on ASEAN.

But then, there are some keyboard warriors who claim to be very wealthy.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Perhaps he has ambitions of shorting the Australian dollar.

Shorting is an activity that requires extremely deep pockets, if he had one of those I doubt he would waste his time posting on ASEAN.

But then, there are some keyboard warriors who claim to be very wealthy.

Oh please.  You qualify for the OZ OAP so you have less than 850K AUD in assets.  That is basically broke nowadays...and rather frightening given your age.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

Oh please.  You qualify for the OZ OAP so you have less than 850K AUD in assets.  That is basically broke nowadays...and rather frightening given your age.

It might be basically broke in Australia, but it's certainly not broke in Thailand. Perhaps you missed that point in your rush to judgment.

Based on my monthly expenditure, capital depletion, and income from assets in said 850K, I will be reliant on the OAP only when I turn 104. That's not a frightening scenario for me.

I really don't know why you have this fixation with the AUD, are you even Australian? Perhaps it's just a thread to troll other posters.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

It might be basically broke in Australia, but it's certainly not broke in Thailand. Perhaps you missed that point in your rush to judgment.

Based on my monthly expenditure, capital depletion, and income from assets in said 850K, I will be reliant on the OAP only when I turn 104. That's not a frightening scenario for me.

I really don't know why you have this fixation with the AUD, are you even Australian? Perhaps it's just a thread to troll other posters.

Down 10% against the Thai baht in a week is pretty much a collapse in my book.

• Haha 1

Time for the Ozzies to do proper trading and get out of bed with the manipulative US.

Oz is one of the few countries in the world who should be self-sufficient in everything.

And while I'm bigging up the down-unders; dump Charles and become independent.

• Like 2

Just now, Lacessit said:

You should brush up on your math.

24.5-23.3X100/24.5 = 4.89%

It cleared 25 not long ago. My timeline was perhaps off a little (or a lot) but the math not so much. In 5 months it went from 25.7 to 23.3, a fall of 9.33%. I don't pay much attention because there's not a lot of point.

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

It cleared 25 not long ago. My timeline was perhaps off a little (or a lot) but the math not so much. In 5 months it went from 25.7 to 23.3, a fall of 9.33%. I don't pay much attention because there's not a lot of point.

You did say a fall of 10% in a week.

Not a lot of point for me either. Currency is like the roof of a house, whether it is cold or hot one installs insulation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

Time for the Ozzies to do proper trading and get out of bed with the manipulative US.

Oz is one of the few countries in the world who should be self-sufficient in everything.

And while I'm bigging up the down-unders; dump Charles and become independent.

The last time I checked, the USA had more foreign owned assets in Australia than any other country. America has survellance bases in Australia that an Australian citizen cannot enter.

It's a two-edged sword, because the US has a lot of incentive to protect its defense and commercial assets in Oz.

We would be self-sufficient in everything if we shot all our politicians that flogged off Aussie assets to low bidders.

I agree we should dump the guy who wanted to be a tampon; time we grew up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Adumbration said:

I do hope you're licensed to provide such profound financial advice, you might be wiser to solicit via PM... ????

2 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Oh so you are also broke...with assets less than the OAP cut off.  I don't know why you post being effectively broke like something to be proud of.

Broke is when one does not have enough money to pay next month's rent. Broke is when one can't afford petrol for their car, or can only afford packaged noodles to put on the table.

I have never been broke, and the last time I owed money on anything was 1974.

Does the photo of a meal at Singha Park recently look like I am broke?

Noted you still decline to state your nationality.

Are you proud of your Chicken Little imitation?

goodmeal.jpg

• Like 2