Australian Dollar is collapsing

30 minutes ago, still kicking said:

Yes no problem

Pension 1350 AUD per fortnight ( All sums are in Australian dollars )

Rent 240 ( 2 bedroom unit kitchen,lounge,shower,toilet ) per week

Electricity average 90 per 60 days

Food maybe 90 for the fortnight

Internet 60 per month

Phone just 10 per 3 months ( don't use the phone often )

Drink 15 per week for red wine (5 liters)

Transport ( cost for registration, Petrol) 250 per 3 months

AS you can see I have plenty left end of the month

936 is oap.in oz a fortnight

31 minutes ago, still kicking said:

Yes no problem

Internet 60 per month

I do find the electricity and food costs a bit difficult to believe, unless you have 4 layers of clothing and are eating cup noodles most of the time. A pub meal with any meat is going to be $10-$15 alone, steak and lamb are as dear as poison.

All I read about of Australia is skyrocketing costs of everything - electricity, petrol, rents, food. My son's house insurance premium went from $2400 to $3600 this year.

What town or region of Australia, if you don't mind me asking?

9 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I do find the electricity and food costs a bit difficult to believe, unless you have 4 layers of clothing and are eating cup noodles most of the time. A pub meal with any meat is going to be $10-$15 alone, steak and lamb are as dear as poison.

All I read about of Australia is skyrocketing costs of everything - electricity, petrol, rents, food. My son's house insurance premium went from $2400 to $3600 this year.

What town or region of Australia, if you don't mind me asking?

I live in Perth and no I don't eat soup noodles I have meat every day and some vegies and yes I do not eat a lot beeing old and I don't have pub meals as well I don't pay house insurance I am renting as you can see in my list I don't use a lot of petrol the last time I filled up was many weeks ago I don't even have an heater in winter

Screenshot 2022-11-02 at 18-58-15 Payment History Centrelink Online.png

9 minutes ago, still kicking said:

I live in Perth and no I don't eat soup noodles I have meat every day and some vegies and yes I do not eat a lot beeing old and I don't have pub meals as well I don't pay house insurance I am renting as you can see in my list I don't use a lot of petrol the last time I filled up was many weeks ago I don't even have an heater in winter

Perth is one of the warmer climates, admittedly. I used to work in Port Hedland, warmer still.

The McGovern government had the smarts to reserve some gas production for domestic use, despite the howls of rage from the federal government. Now the premiers of every state on the eastern seaboard wish they had done the same.

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Perth is one of the warmer climates, admittedly. I used to work in Port Hedland, warmer still.

The McGovern government had the smarts to reserve some gas production for domestic use, despite the howls of rage from the federal government. Now the premiers of every state on the eastern seaboard wish they had done the same.

You are correct I also used to work in Port Hedland and Tom Price many years ago nice climate

Edited by still kicking
spelling

1 hour ago, still kicking said:

Yes no problem

Internet 60 per month

Please post the location where you rent for 240 dollars per week.  And also if you know the owner and are getting mates rates on the apartment.  Renting a spot for a one man tent in a camping area in Australia is more than $240 dollars per week.

3 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Please post the location where you rent for 240 dollars per week.  And also if you know the owner and are getting mates rates on the apartment.  Renting a spot for a one man tent in a camping area in Australia is more than $240 dollars per week.

Perth about 10 km from the city suburb is Maylands here you have it

4 hours ago, still kicking said:

I thought u lived in thailand

I see the collapse of the AUD is back on track today because the spineless retards at the RBA keep their foot of the peddle with this months interest rate  rise also.  US raised .75 points and so did the UK.

AUD heading for 40-50 cents on the US dollar......and the ponzi scheme that is the Australia residential property market is going to collapse anyway.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

I see the collapse of the AUD is back on track today because the spineless retards at the RBA keep their foot of the peddle with this months interest rate  rise also.  US raised .75 points and so did the UK.

AUD heading for 40-50 cents on the US dollar......and the ponzi scheme that is the Australia residential property market is going to collapse anyway.

So they don't raise rates for political points and now they are spineless because they did raise rates...?

Wish you'd make up you mind...

• Like 1

Inflation in Australia is supposedly running about 7.3% but my shopping bill has increased by double that rate.

All the necessities, food, accommodation and energy have really been slugged and there doesn't look like much relief in sight. I'm fortunate because I have my own home but people in my area are paying $250 or more,   just for a room. There's a lot of people doing it tough here at the moment  and I don't think we've seen the worst of it yet. 

I'm still hopeful of making the move to Thailand next year but as usual my timings probably not to good. 

17 minutes ago, AverageBloke said:

Inflation in Australia is supposedly running about 7.3% but my shopping bill has increased by double that rate.

All the necessities, food, accommodation and energy have really been slugged and there doesn't look like much relief in sight. I'm fortunate because I have my own home but people in my area are paying $250 or more,   just for a room. There's a lot of people doing it tough here at the moment  and I don't think we've seen the worst of it yet. 

I'm still hopeful of making the move to Thailand next year but as usual my timings probably not to good. 

People on this forum gives me the creeps, cost of living has gone up all over the world not only in OZ wait till you move to LOS.

19 hours ago, still kicking said:

People on this forum gives me the creeps, cost of living has gone up all over the world not only in OZ wait till you move to LOS.

Im not sure why you would have the creeps but each to their own.

I was in Thailand 2 months ago so I have a fair idea what's happening over there but I'm certainly no expert and im always happy to learn more from others, that's part of the reason I'm on this site. 

Good luck with everything in the future and I hope everything goes well for you. 

Edited by AverageBloke

Well the AUD is definitely toast now.

RBA way behind the curve now compared to central bank rates in all other developed countries:

https://tradingeconomics.com/country-list/interest-rate

They have chosen to sacrifice savers and the AUD in a deluded attempt to save the Australian Residential property ponzi scheme.

Among the highest inflations prints but RBA just raisng by .25 basis points.  Retards should be in jail:

https://tradingeconomics.com/country-list/inflation-rate

The head retard Dr Lowe keeps saying Australia is different because punters have a big buffer of savings.  But that is a blantant lie and savings rates have collapsed entirely:

https://imgur.com/k1PxlWe

Unless the RBA starts raising in .75 basis point increments the AUD is heading for 40-50 cents on the US dollar.

It is a mathmatical certainty.

• Haha 1

Still above 24. Savings rate still historically high but lower than during the period people were locked down getting huge government support so not a surprise. Property is struggling but after 2 huge years though. I have noticed a lot of food prices going down or staying the same. Things aren’t too bad.  Petrol is an issue for some because high but so far not seemingly inflating further.

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Still above 24. Savings rate still historically high but lower than during the period people were locked down getting huge government support so not a surprise. Property is struggling but after 2 huge years though. I have noticed a lot of food prices going down or staying the same. Things aren’t too bad.  Petrol is an issue for some because high but so far not seemingly inflating further.

All mostly irrelevant observations.  Fact is that if US dollar rates and substantiallly higher than the AUD money will flow out of the oz currency and it will head for 40 cents on the dollar.

• Haha 1