Australian Dollar is collapsing

2 hours ago, Adumbration said:

All mostly irrelevant observations.  Fact is that if US dollar rates and substantiallly higher than the AUD money will flow out of the oz currency and it will head for 40 cents on the dollar.

I attempted to give you a couple of points and personal experiences. You are fairly selective in your choice of statistics and I showed that a key fact on saving had little importance given the longer term shift.

There are other good news stories coming that can have an effect such as plans by the government to intervene in the market to reduce domestic gas prices which will have an impact on inflation and benefit consumers and business alike. 

I am not saying there is no problem, there is around the world, but over the years there's been lots of doom sayers and there's the opportunity for rates to rise significantly if required. The fact  that interest rates have NOT jumped as high as other countries isn't all bad, or a sign of some sort of corruption or retardation in the reserve bank as you put it, but is in fact a boon to the economy and we are still getting 24 cents to the thai baht so let's see what happens.

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Still above 24. Savings rate still historically high but lower than during the period people were locked down getting huge government support so not a surprise. Property is struggling but after 2 huge years though. I have noticed a lot of food prices going down or staying the same. Things aren’t too bad.  Petrol is an issue for some because high but so far not seemingly inflating further.

The reserve bank are foolish to not consult their every move with our brilliant OP.

You just hush now and listen to how much he says he knows… ????

• Haha 2

Very interesting thread here from Ausfinance group on Reddit.

20-30 somethings have zero savings and many are in debt (personal not mortgage).

Australia devolving into a third world economy at a rapid pace and more proof Dr Lowe at the RBA is straight up lying about the savings buffer:

On 11/8/2022 at 12:16 PM, Adumbration said:

Australia devolving into a third world economy at a rapid pace and more proof Dr Lowe at the RBA is straight up lying about the savings buffer:

Spending up 19.1% YOY.

Oh there is going to be some pain paying off those credit cards.

I don’t care that you have a hard on for a falling Aussie Dollar and I even don’t care if you can make financial profit out of that but I do despise the joyful glee scumbags get from talking the dollar (any dollar) down.

In the real world people get hurt when economies turn, try remember that unless you’re a sociopath ????????

• Like 1

6 hours ago, oznomad said:

Spending up 19.1% YOY.

Oh there is going to be some pain paying off those credit cards.

Yes, but as usual it'll all be someone else's fault they went out and bought a load of stuff they couldn't afford, and the government ( tax payer ) should save them.

A very happy moment in my life was when I had paid off the credit card i didn't ask for, with limits increased without me requesting, and cut it up.

4 hours ago, HighPriority said:

I don’t care that you have a hard on for a falling Aussie Dollar and I even don’t care if you can make financial profit out of that but I do despise the joyful glee scumbags get from talking the dollar (any dollar) down.

In the real world people get hurt when economies turn, try remember that unless you’re a sociopath ????????

@HighPriority you were just wrong.  Because you are deluded and ill informed.

Don't try to divert attention away from those hard facts.   And what's utterly pathetic is that you used personal attacks on me in the attempt to add weight to your nonsense arguements.  

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

@HighPriority you were just wrong.  Because you are deluded and ill informed.

Don't try to divert attention away from those hard facts.   And what's utterly pathetic is that you used personal attacks on me in the attempt to add weight to your nonsense arguements.  

Maybe you’re paranoid…?

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

By Saturday recovered to over 24 baht again

Australian Dollar to Thai Baht Exchange Rate Chart | Xe

Yes very interesting vertical recovery....and it started well before the CPI news in the US that triggered Thursday's bull trap rally.

The AUD was being manipulated (bought to soften the collapse) but by whom?  RBA is not a candidate because they a literally bankrupt and have negative foreign reserves at the moment.  

Something has got to break soon.  Events like vertical 6% climbs in currency pairs in an hour and 7% swings in the Nasdaq do not bode well.

Edited by Adumbration

5 hours ago, oznomad said:

????

The supposed collapse of the AUD isn't a thing.

It's the rise of the USD, which as I predicted, has turned around.

Up 4 cents in two weeks, with more to come.

Oh its a thing all right.

On Thursday members of the FED affirmed no pivot on rates....and rates will be higher for longer.

When the spineless and corrupt RBA stop raising (or raise by just 25 basis points) first Tuesday in December AUD will tank further.

The intra day volatility on the AUD USD pair is very alarming.  4% swings and sawtoothing are manifest evidence of massive instability and significant risk.

• Haha 1

On 11/18/2022 at 11:08 PM, Adumbration said:

Oh its a thing all right.

On Thursday members of the FED affirmed no pivot on rates....and rates will be higher for longer.

When the spineless and corrupt RBA stop raising (or raise by just 25 basis points) first Tuesday in December AUD will tank further.

The intra day volatility on the AUD USD pair is very alarming.  4% swings and sawtoothing are manifest evidence of massive instability and significant risk.

Seeing as how you are magnificent in your comprehension of these matters, perhaps in order to demonstrate your greatness and as an act of benevolence you could set out some over the next 12 months (or until the world ends should that be sooner) dates and nominate the rates that know so surely will apply ?

Your attempting of this would be greatly convincing to me and I suspect others of your competence. 
Of course your failure to act will prove to all and sundry  exactly the sort of person you are…

Mai Pen Rai my friend…

3 hours ago, HighPriority said:

Seeing as how you are magnificent in your comprehension of these matters, perhaps in order to demonstrate your greatness and as an act of benevolence you could set out some over the next 12 months (or until the world ends should that be sooner) dates and nominate the rates that know so surely will apply ?

Your attempting of this would be greatly convincing to me and I suspect others of your competence. 
Of course your failure to act will prove to all and sundry  exactly the sort of person you are…

Mai Pen Rai my friend…

Why are you posting on this thread?  You have added absolutely nothing to the economic discussion or factual analysis.  Your raison d'etre is to post nonsense and personal insults.

You are just a pathetic and utterly worthless troll.

Breath deep, calm down, and yell up the basement stairs to your mum.  With luck she will bring you down some more Methylphenidate to have with your warm milk and cookies.

29 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

Why are you posting on this thread?  You have added absolutely nothing to the economic discussion or factual analysis.  Your raison d'etre is to post nonsense and personal insults.

You are just a pathetic and utterly worthless troll.

Breath deep, calm down, and yell up the basement stairs to your mum.  With luck she will bring you down some more Methylphenidate to have with your warm milk and cookies.

Straight to the point again I see, YOU are the one who throws the insults around.

You've talked so much garbage in this thread that you've confused yourself... your only consistency is to abuse others, throw accusations around and claim to know all on the subject of the $AUD.

So again I invite you to put your considerable prowess to work and make some specific predictions to give yourself some credibility...

On 11/18/2022 at 3:30 PM, oznomad said:

????

The supposed collapse of the AUD isn't a thing.

It's the rise of the USD, which as I predicted, has turned around.

Up 4 cents in two weeks, with more to come.

Relative to what.... USD has lost value relative to THB since early NOV and AUD in the last 10  days?

16 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

IIRC, you were the person complaining of personal attacks on you.

You started the thread over a month ago, stating "may not see 23.7 again." 23.95 as I write, seems to be fluctuating between 23.8 and 24.2. Not within a bull's roar of the collapse you have been shouting from the rooftops.

The AUD 40 cents on the USD? BS. The Fed has been printing a sugar hit of stimulus, the US economy is experiencing the bullwhip effect of that stimulus as it tries to reign inflation back. Stimulus in Australia was much less, and applied more judiciously.

You want facts, there they are.

23.95 i got 2 days ago.

• 2 weeks later...