Covid vaccination for children aged 6 months to 4 years begins

snoop1130

d6b10eeccfb6bab778d473c6cfc241aa_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - COVID-19 vaccination for small children aged 6 months to 4 years commenced on 12 October. Vaccination is voluntary, and parents are now able to take their children to get the shots at a local healthcare facility.

Health minister Anutin Charnvirakul inspected the vaccination service for small children in Nonthaburi province. The first and second shots for this age group are delivered 4 weeks apart. The third shot is delivered 8 weeks after the second. The children receive 3 micrograms of the vaccine with each shot, which is substantially less than the adult dose of 30 micrograms. A vial of the dark-red cap type of the Pfizer vaccine is enough for 10 doses in small children.

Department of Disease Control Director-General Tares Krassanairawiwong noted that the first batch of 500,000 doses arrived at all hospitals nationwide yesterday. If there is a demand for additional vaccine doses in any locality, the respective provincial health office may request them from the DDC. Parents, meanwhile, may call the DDC hotline number 1422 to inquire about the vaccine for small children.

Dr. Tares said about 300,000 parents have expressed their intention to have their children vaccinated. Parents may take their children to the nearest public health facility offering the vaccination service.

Source: https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG221013052841443

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2022-10-13

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

1 hour ago, AddyA said:

How many folks who vaccinated themselves and their kids made well-informed, independent decisions? It's a question only you can answer. 

I've said it before, and I'll keep on saying it. People only search for material they want to believe in and disregard the rest. You can find anything to support your tenet if you look for it. 

Reading and listening to experts who reinforce what you want to be true is a physiological comfort. That's especially the case when it comes to health-related issues. On the other hand, it can be terrifying to listen to brave experts who dare to share opposing views. That's probably why some find it easier to mock them than engage in an intelligent debate. 

Alas, it seems that most are easily swayed when the media giants use their influence to silence critics. And that's why they do it.

The cancel culture is toxic yet growing. But people don't seem to mind as long as those canceled are on the opposing side of thier beleifs.

Antivaxx people always talk like this. To many conspiracy theories going through there heads. 

Edited by onthedarkside
trolling comments removed
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AddyA said:

The anti-vaccine rhetoric in your response is my point. No discussion, just slagging off the thoughts of others. And for the record, I have never said I'm an anti-vaxxer or that I haven't been vaccinated.

I'm simply pointing out that it's impossible to make well-informed, independent decisions without listening to all sides, that's all.

If you disagree with the last point, that is perfectly fine. But at least say why in your response.

I listen to experts (doctors) not some conspiracy theorists.

These are recommendations from the CDC.  I'm not getting my advice from bar stool banter or Republican nutcases. 

I've got my children and family to worry about.  I'm taking proper advice from doctors.  

Edited by onthedarkside
personal comment removed
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

These are recommendations from the CDC.  I'm not getting my advice from bar stool banter or Republican nutcases. 

I've got my children and family to worry about.  I'm taking proper advice from doctors.  

You know there are experts (doctors) who disagree with vaccinating children and healthy adults, right? If not, you haven't considered to the opinions of opposing experts. So that means you disagree with my point above. That is, no one can make well-informed, independent decisions without listening to all sides of an argument.

Of course, you are free to agree or disagree with anyone about anything. But it's better to agree to disagree than spout anti-vaxxer rhetoric at anyone who chooses to question the COVID-19 response.  

• Like 2

Does this mean that kids can now expect to be injected with covid vaccines regularly for their entire lives ? Thats a totally different scenario compared to one off jabs for measles etc.  I hope these "experts" know what they are doing, but I  seriously doubt it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

You can choose to take your  advice from who ever you wish,   as can anybody else.  Only time will tell if the advice one followed was correct. I don't doubt some will regret the decisions they have made, unfortunately no claims for compensation will be entertained, that was made clear from the start,  

• Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Unfortunate for the people who decided not to vaccinate and died.

Hopefully you don't have children or loved ones that follow your unsound advice. 

"How vaccine misinformation made the COVID-19 death toll worse."

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/16/1099070400/how-vaccine-misinformation-made-the-covid-19-death-toll-worse

Seeing as how I have not actually given any advice nor mentioned my view of the vaccines your comments are totally superfluous. ( i've had 3 jabs actually)

I hope you have followed the best advice  but you cannot be sure can you ? not without a crystal ball.   who knows what may happen ,   it would not be the first time governments have issued sincere apologies

Edited by onthedarkside
trolling and flame comments removed

7 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Does this mean that kids can now expect to be injected with covid vaccines regularly for their entire lives ? Thats a totally different scenario compared to one off jabs for measles etc.  I hope these "experts" know what they are doing, but I  seriously doubt it

Yes it would be wise for the experts to consult you on any other medical advice.

The few minutes it takes for a lifesaving booster shot is just too much to ask.

• Haha 1