Bangkok Airport

still kicking

I don't know where to post my question so mods move it if required

Coming to BKK again and moving on to Pattaya I do have some problems

walking a long distance due to a broken ankle a while back. I do know they

have elictric carts at the airport which I have seen many times landing in BKK.

So my question is do I have to inform my airline (Thai) to arange one on my

departure point or can I do this in BKK ones I landed

Any help welcomed

The title is a bit generic and easily overlooked.

You need special assistance when arriving with Thai Airways?

Better contact TG before flying (best 3 days ahead).

A buggy can be arranged but likely for a price.

I assume you have already booked.

As far as I remember at online booking you can request special assistance.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

The title is a bit generic and easily overlooked.

You need special assistance when arriving with Thai Airways?

Better contact TG before flying (best 3 days ahead).

I assume you have already booked.

As far as I remember at online booking you can request special assistance.

Yes I did book already and fly out next Tuesday from Australia but I did book the flight before that incident happen so can I still ask for any help when I check in for my flight and what do I have to do to get my cart at the airport, never less I can walk but the distance from arrival to to customs is a very long walk as you know. So ask when I check in ? And thanks for replying me

Have you booked online and got a confirmation email?

There you would find contact information (email or closest office?).

I would try to contact them before check-in next week.

If that does not give a useful response you can book "Premium Pickup Service" for 1750 Baht.

https://www.bangkokflightservices.com/home/bfs-services/premium-airport-services/

BFS Premium Airport Service agent meets our guest at the arrival gate with welcome signboard. With or without electric cart, our agent takes the guest to the immigration. At the baggage reclaim area, BFS assists our guest through customs and onward to the arrival and to their ground transportation.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

Have you booked online and got a confirmation email?

There you would find contact information (email or closest office?).

I would try to contact them before check-in next week.

If that does not give a useful response you can book "Premium Pickup Service" for 1750 Baht.

https://www.bangkokflightservices.com/home/bfs-services/premium-airport-services/

I did book on line with Thai but I was not aware of my injury when I booked

Call Thai Airways ticketing at least 48 hours before first travel and ask them to add "special assistance" to each leg of your travel. You may need to call their Bangkok number to do this. They will then either have a wheelchair/buggy service to/from the plane. This is a no cost service. We are travelling TG next week and have this on our booking for mum and uncle.

11 hours ago, still kicking said:

Yes I did book already and fly out next Tuesday from Australia but I did book the flight before that incident happen so can I still ask for any help when I check in for my flight and what do I have to do to get my cart at the airport, never less I can walk but the distance from arrival to to customs is a very long walk as you know. So ask when I check in ? And thanks for replying me

At check in tell them you need a wheel chair, they will furnish one from the check in desk to check out by-passing all of the lines at departure. On arrival you will have to wait until the plane is cleared then you will have a wheel chair he will help with luggage and deliver you anywhere in the airport. A good tip is approiate also you will board your flight early. Remember they work for the airport not the airline. good luck

• Like 1

12 hours ago, still kicking said:

Call Thai Airways and book a golf cart to meet you. Yes you'll have to pay for it - I'm not sure of the price. You come out of the airbridge and then through the glass barding arrival areas of the gate and the cart will be there waiting for you.

12 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Pre-Covid, my rather fragile sister flew in on BA and was met and assisted by an airport staff member. There was no charge, but she didn't need a buggy so maybe there's a charge, but probably not. The airline will advise on that, if it's actually important to you which it probably isn't.

Of course, there is always likely to be a problem as this is Thailand. In my sister's case, the person assisting her brought her out of the wrong exit of the three (not the one shown on the board for passengers from the BA flight). Fortunately I'd given my sister my phone number and she was able to use the assistant's phone to locate me.

It was the assistant's first day in the job and she was cute, so I politely explained to her that she needed to use the correct exit in future (as common sense and proper training were seemingly completely absent) and we all went away happy . If my sister hadn't have had my number then that would have created quite a problem.

If OP's problem is only to get from point A to point B inside the airport and a wheelchair or golf cart is sufficient, probably the Thai staff will provide it for you when you deplane  even without previous notice (I had this experience once). But of course better to inform them in advance, eg during check-in at departure.

If something more serious or longer is needed then talking to Thai before departure is a good idea.

15 hours ago, still kicking said:

You can request such services after the initial booking but (as already mentioned) best at least 3 days ahead to ensure there's enough time for TG to get it organized.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/14/2022 at 12:38 PM, scorecard said:

You can request such services after the initial booking but (as already mentioned) best at least 3 days ahead to ensure there's enough time for TG to get it organized.

I did requestet this in Australia and nothing happen on the other end in Bangkok so on the way back I talked to the lady on the check in counter and had a wheel chair in 10 minutes.

Fantastic service got wheeled right to the entry of the plane. No waiting at custems, right thru

fast lane and there is flights after the 29th of October it has not stopped on that date since I checked for May next year again.

8 minutes ago, still kicking said:

I did requestet this in Australia and nothing happen on the other end in Bangkok so on the way back I talked to the lady on the check in counter and had a wheel chair in 10 minutes.

Fantastic service got wheeled right to the entry of the plane. No waiting at custems, right thru

fast lane and there is flights after the 29th of October it has not stopped on that date since I checked for May next year again.

Sounds like a good experience. I've had excellent experiences with Singapore Airlines and they carry 1 wheelchair/walking aid free per passenger for whole journey.

Totally disgraceful service with Malaysian Airlines, booked in advance and all noted on the booking confirmation e.mail. At check-in desk KLIA they claimed I hadn't done the booking correctly (I didn't send my request for a wheel chair to be available at check-in KLIA to a senior Mal)aysian Airlines officer for approval, therefore (for the check-in team) it wasn't their problem.

They ignored the fact that I was at the check-in desk in a wheelchair from a hospital in KL city. 

Attendant from KL hospital pleaded with them and he got heated. A Malaysian Airlines exec happened along and asked what the problem was. Check-in staff (all talking at the same time) insisted I had not followed the procedure.

Snr exec told them to be quiet and she asked me 'how can we help'?

I responded 'I need to transfer here to a Malaysian Airlines wheelchair, it's all booked and I showed her the confirmed details on their e.mail.

She called someone and in a few minutes a Malaysian Airlines wheelchair with attendant appeared. 

She helped to move me across the 2 chairs and told the attendant to stay with me until I was on board the aircraft.

As we were moving away she exploded with serious abuse to the check-in team.

On arrival in BKK no wheelchair at the door of the aircraft. One of the cabin crew rang someone and after quite some discussion she confirmed 'a wheelchair is coming in a few minutes'. Twenty minutes later the wheelchair arrived with a Malaysian Airlines person who gave me some abuse. 

That was my good experience with Thai but I also had a bad experience with them 2 days before I lined up at the check in pretty early but there was already a long cue so I waited

passionately till the lady with a sign indicating my flight approached us and indicated to us to move to another line so we all did but there was even more people in that line so I had no choice to wait and wait and wait and by the time I got to the counter to check in only beeing told it was to late to check in, so I had to re book the flight for 2 days later paid extra  and book in to a hotel at my cost for 2 days. But I guess that was the fault of one person can't really blame Thai for that