Which health insurance company will sign for non-immigrant o visa 3 month retirement

My friend and I have separately applied for a 3-month non-immigrant o retirement visa. We are from the US .

We have all the documents we've uploaded to the electronic system to the LA Los Angeles Thai representatives. We were rejected because our health insurance which we bought through square mouth / Berkshire Hathaway will not fill out the certificate form which we have been told after we paid our money to the embassy that we need.

Any ideas on which insurance companies we can buy for 3 months insurance and they'll fill out the form.?   I have looked in this forum as I'm new here but I can't find any posts.

The embassy provided no possible insurance companies. So we're stuck and almost about ready to fly...

Thank you in advance!

Edited by DonaldFreeman
Change the title

You probably won't be able to get a US-based insurer to sign the Thai Immigration Department's form.  The form requires the insurer to state that their insurance complies with certain requirements, the details of which are not spelled out on the form. Few insurers would be willing confirm something that isn't clearly specified.  This is a somewhat clever way of forcing most applicants to subscribe to a Thai insurance policy without explicitly prohibiting the use of home country insurance.

Is LMG the cheapest insurance? Think it was previously with a large deductible.

OP, not being too helpful to your situation but for others considering a non O retirement.....entering visa exempt and then obtaining the non O inside Thailand avoids the insurance requirement. 

• Like 2

I am interested in this topic as well.  In early August after my Thai wife and I had been vacationing in Thailand visiting her family, I was nearing the end of my 30-day exempt visa which had been extended for an additional 30 days.  This extension was granted by the Nan Immigration office.  During this visit, my wife inquired if I could, in a future visit to Thailand, convert my initial exempt tourist visa to a 90-day Non-O at this office, as has been suggested by many in this forum as an easier, less difficult method to remain in Thailand and then apply for a subsequent annual retirement-based extension of stay. The officer explained that it was not possible to convert an exempt tourist visa that had been granted upon entry into a Non-O at their Nan office. 

This bit of news surprised me but I did not dispute what the young female captain told us, but simply went away confused as we prepared to fly back to the U.S. two weeks later.  

Does anybody truly know which immigration offices will grant a Non-O based on a visa exempt tourist entry?  Based on our experience at Nan, it appears that not all offices will honor this procedure.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fore Man said:

Does anybody truly know which immigration offices will grant a Non-O based on a visa exempt tourist entry?  Based on our experience at Nan, it appears that not all offices will honor this procedure.

All offices can issue the non-o visa with a visa exempt or tourist visa entry. You must have at least 15 days remaining on your entry. Requirements are here: https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/6.FOR-PROVIDING-SUPPORT-TO-OR-BEING-A-DEPENDANT-OF-A-THAI-CITIZEN-SPOUSE-VISA-NON-O.pdf

The immigration officer gave you incorrect info. Go back talk a the supervising officer.

• Thanks 1