Rezum Experience

BuddyPish

On 8/8/2023 at 3:33 AM, riclag said:

BNH  hospital Bangkok.Arrived @ 10:45 for  11:00 appointment on the 8th of August.They prep me with 

Thanks Ric, will be looking forward to updates. Hoping for the best outcome and relief from your BPH.

• Thanks 1

On 8/10/2023 at 1:13 AM, likerdup1 said:

Hoping for the best outcome and relief from your BPH.

BPH has been mentioned many times on this thread, and although this post is not actually about Rezum, it is about BPH, which is probably why many people are seeking treatments like Rezum.

You see, I came across a pop-up advertisement on a website I was perusing and it was for "men who were suffering from BPH" so I clicked on it and decided to read what it was all about, even though there is a video clip, and what I heard (and read to a certain extent) was a complete and utter load of nonsense, which would appeal only to those who knew nothing about BPH or the very gullible.

This is supposedly by someone who has been "cured" of BPH with the help of a "Dr Wesley" and in the nonsense this guy spouts he uses terms about "fear of losing my manhood" and other terms which really had nothing to do with BPH.

Now here's the rub – – he is spruiking some capsules called "Urinoct", which are expensive (in US dollars) and what they actually contain is: – fish oil, vitamin A and vitamin C!!!! Combinations which no doubt many of us have taken in one way or another over the years for various reasons or another, but certainly not for BPH.

Please don't get taken in by this load of nonsense, because it's a scam.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

BPH has been mentioned many times on this thread, and although this post is not actually about Rezum, it is about BPH, which is probably why many people are seeking treatments like Rezum.

You see, I came across a pop-up advertisement on a website I was perusing and it was for "men who were suffering from BPH" so I clicked on it and decided to read what it was all about, even though there is a video clip, and what I heard (and read to a certain extent) was a complete and utter load of nonsense, which would appeal only to those who knew nothing about BPH or the very gullible.

This is supposedly by someone who has been "cured" of BPH with the help of a "Dr Wesley" and in the nonsense this guy spouts he uses terms about "fear of losing my manhood" and other terms which really had nothing to do with BPH.

Now here's the rub – – he is spruiking some capsules called "Urinoct", which are expensive (in US dollars) and what they actually contain is: – fish oil, vitamin A and vitamin C!!!! Combinations which no doubt many of us have taken in one way or another over the years for various reasons or another, but certainly not for BPH.

Please don't get taken in by this load of nonsense, because it's a scam.

I read it too, utter rubbish and a deffo scam.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, riclag said:

Going to have my Catheter taken out 

tomorrow August 17th!

I’ve endured 9 days of having this device in me !

Good luck, its an easy painless process that takes a few seconds. I passed a bit of blood after removal for a couple of days. I only had mine in for 8 days and i was terrified at first but i have to say it was no real problem, it was quite manageable. 

Please keep us updated on how things go in the weeks ahead.

Edited by Pumpuynarak
  • Like 1

Rezum Update: After the procedure on August 8th Dr . Suntchai@ BNH instructed me to come back in 9 days  ( I had 9 injections of vapor because my Prostate was larger than the recommended procedure size , 83cc) to have the 

Foley Catheter removed and to test void ! 

During the 9 days I experienced discomfort which was OCCASIONAL burning in my penis and light pressure in my abdomen ,

especially on the 3 and 8th night . The burning was always followed by blood tissue ,the pain was tolerable .

I arrived at 9:00 am  today ,the nurse brought me straight in and removed the foley  , two or 3 deep breaths and exhales and it was out, again the discomfort was tolerable.

I was instructed to sit in the lobby and drink water and when the need to pee came , to go to  the toilet .

After 45 minutes , I went with mild burning with blood tissue and urine, again ,the pain was tolerable!

I told the nurse and within 10 minutes I met the Dr.

He said I was all set ! I could go back home , because I live up in the North East he suggested I call within a month or come back to the Hospital!

I chose to call !

He said if I experience any fever or chills to go to the Dr up where I live to get another round of the same antibiotics!

Thats about it! Just need time for healing 2 or 3 months.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, riclag said:

Rezum Update: After the procedure on August 8th Dr . Suntchai@ BNH instructed me to come back in 9 days  ( I had 9 injections of vapor because my Prostate was larger than the recommended procedure size , 83cc) to have the 

Foley Catheter removed and to test void ! 

During the 9 days I experienced discomfort which was OCCASIONAL burning in my penis and light pressure in my abdomen ,

especially on the 3 and 8th night . The burning was always followed by blood tissue ,the pain was tolerable .

I arrived at 9:00 am  today ,the nurse brought me straight in and removed the foley  , two or 3 deep breaths and exhales and it was out, again the discomfort was tolerable.

I was instructed to sit in the lobby and drink water and when the need to pee came , to go to  the toilet .

After 45 minutes , I went with mild burning with blood tissue and urine, again ,the pain was tolerable!

I told the nurse and within 10 minutes I met the Dr.

He said I was all set ! I could go back home , because I live up in the North East he suggested I call within a month or come back to the Hospital!

I chose to call !

He said if I experience any fever or chills to go to the Dr up where I live to get another round of the same antibiotics!

Thats about it! Just need time for healing 2 or 3 months.

side note: I got a hotel room near the hospital ( 300m away)during the whole process !

I remember when I started researching all of this after being on meds for 8 years and periodic visits  to the Urologist( only performs Turps) up where I live to check my PSA and digital exams  ! I was interested in the UROLIFT , unfortunately Thailand didnt offer it , so Being a member here I followed this Thread on Rezum ! It probably was a better choice imop cause the Urolift doesn’t decrease the size, were the Rezum does and the chance I have to have a follow up procedure is 4% vs Urolift at 13%.

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/17/2023 at 8:12 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

Good luck, its an easy painless process that takes a few seconds. I passed a bit of blood after removal for a couple of days. I only had mine in for 8 days and i was terrified at first but i have to say it was no real problem, it was quite manageable. 

Please keep us updated on how things go in the weeks ahead.

My first day post catheter removal !

I voided easily all day until 11:00 Pm till 2:am in the morning!

I had the mommies during that time!

I cried for my mother with pain due to extreme pressure in my abdomen and burning in my penis.I almost went to the emergency room!

I called the Dr  just now and he said my prostate gland is experiencing inflammation ! So he  gave me a script for Celebrex (celecoxib) its a medication that treats mild to moderate pain and inflammation. It treats conditions like arthritis. It’s a type of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug .

After 2am the peeing came every hour with very little discomfort !

Ive read inflammation could last up til 48 hours after catheter removal ! 

Fingers crossed I don’t experience that night again.

I felt sorry for my wife, she didn’t know what to do! 

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, riclag said:

I cried for my mother with pain due to extreme pressure in my abdomen and burning in my penis.I almost went to the emergency room!

I called the Dr  just now and he said my prostate gland is experiencing inflammation ! So he  gave me a script for Celebrex (celecoxib) its a medication that treats mild to moderate pain and inflammation. It treats conditions like arthritis. It’s a type of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug .

Sorry to hear that, i had none of those issues but i firmly believe that my Turp was not carried out in accordance with normal procedures, thats why it was'nt a 100% success.

I sincerely hope your condition improves in the very near future.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, riclag said:

Surprised Doc didn't give the meds in advance just in case, considering next step was possible emergency

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/30/2023 at 2:07 PM, BuddyPish said:

One year has passed since my Rezum experience.
Pleased to report there are no issues with the prostate; flow remains excellent and I regularly sleep 7 hours straight without needing to void.
The wedding tackle remains in full operation with no ED or EjD.

I did have an issue with a UTI that proved more stubborn than I thought these things could be.
I took myself up to Bria Labs in Lad Phrao for my regular blood panel and asked for a urine culture. 

3 days later, they sent me the results showing a resistant strain of E.coli.
The report listed a number of antibiotics that the strain was vulnerable to including Augmentin, an Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid concoction.
Took those twice a day for 2 weeks and they cleared up the UTI completely.

Sadly, however, the Augmentin has taken out my gut flora (also known as "healthy bacteria") so I've noticed changes to my stool that haven't resolved more than two weeks since finishing the course. 

Congratulations 

I went for a TURP and my results were catastrophic 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi i know this is an old thread but im thinking of havng rezum at BNH, im in the philippines and no rezum here! i had aquablation 7 years ago in the uk.wondered as its a few years since your rezum op do you still recommend it? And could you recommend a dr there?

On 1/23/2024 at 8:45 PM, riclag said:

I had my rezum treatment in August ! 
i stopped using the 

Finasteride 5mg 

Doxazosin 2mg 2x everyday in the month of November!

My stream is better and my ejaculations have improved , instead of no semen after ejaculation there is some.

My prostate size was 83 cc before the procedure, I imagine it has gone down in volume!

I will be going for a digital exam ( recommended  after 6 months)in March with the doctor in my city!

Good to hear it worked for you. I never had a digital exam pre or post op. But then maybe that was because my protstate was only 38 cc. It is 2 years and 5 months or thereabouts since I had the treatment and I'm still happy with the results. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, olongapo said:

Hi i know this is an old thread but im thinking of havng rezum at BNH, im in the philippines and no rezum here! i had aquablation 7 years ago in the uk.wondered as its a few years since your rezum op do you still recommend it? And could you recommend a dr there?

This Thai Dr performed the procedure 

on me. I suggest you read the thread for tips & other info.
Good luck

IMG_2695.thumb.jpeg.5df573bbd892ebe1ab160738cd8889c4.jpeg

On 4/10/2024 at 9:17 AM, olongapo said:

Wouldn't you consider aquablation again?

On 4/15/2024 at 6:11 PM, BuddyPish said:

Wouldn't you consider aquablation again?

Yes but only available in the uk and privately its £12000 i had it on the nhs before, so im not sure what to do but i know i need to do something soon!

13 minutes ago, olongapo said:

Yes but only available in the uk and privately its £12000 i had it on the nhs before, so im not sure what to do but i know i need to do something soon!

2 hours ago, proton said:

Its still 200k at vimut hospital, nice newish place not far from Vic Monument

Yes its 220 i think at bnh but they want another cystoscopy and mri which pushes the price up, i will check vimut thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, olongapo said:

Yes its 220 i think at bnh but they want another cystoscopy and mri which pushes the price up, i will check vimut thanks.

Good luck......👍