Jump to content

Rezum Experience


BuddyPish

Recommended Posts

Just now, Adumbration said:

Also, what is the doctor's view regarding the improvements....what is the expected shelf life and chances that you will have to go back for another treatment?

He was most pleased.
 
He showed me the ultrasound after my first voiding; the median lobe protrusion was dramatically reduced but I could still see what remained of it.

He said that would continue to shrink as the inflammation dies down and consequently, flow will improve significantly.

 

He said that indications are that a small percentage of men will need another procedure in 3-5 years but he said my prostate isn't too large. If my median lobe doesn't regrow, it could be a lot longer before I need another intervention.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Thanks very much for your detailed report.  I am currently using doxasozin and it is helping a little.  Did you try that drug previously?

 

Also did you try finasteride? And would that have any effect on the lobe as opposed to the prostate?

You may also wish to view posts on Rezum by @GarryP as he underwent that treatment not too long ago.....may help with a different perspective.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Thanks very much for your detailed report.  I am currently using doxasozin and it is helping a little.  Did you try that drug previously?

 

Also did you try finasteride? And would that have any effect on the lobe as opposed to the prostate?

I used Finasteride, tamsulosin, Urief, Saw Palmetto, Pygeum extract etc - none of them had any discernible effect on men with median lobe obstruction of the bladder. All (except Saw Palmetto and Pygeum extract) they did was lower my blood pressure and bring on retrograde ejaculation.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I use both for 2 years.

Then I was seemingly cured by taking a 1/2 dose of NorfloxStar (200mg, twice a day for 5 days) once a month for 3 months.

 

I'm assuming I was originally misdiagnosed by the Thai hospital.

So do you think that you had prostatitis as opposed to an enlarged prostate?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2022 at 4:43 PM, BritManToo said:

That appears to be the case. 

I have had prostate enlargement trouble for the last 25 years. I have been on 2 products for the last 10 years and they work very good for me. Firide 5 mg to make the prostate smaller in size and Urief 4mg to give better flow. These work great for me and that's all I can say.

  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vandeventer said:

I have had prostate enlargement trouble for the last 25 years. I have been on 2 products for the last 10 years and they work very good for me. Firide 5 mg to make the prostate smaller in size and Urief 4mg to give better flow. These work great for me and that's all I can say.

If you've been using the Firide for 10 years, I' suggest it isn't working.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I have similar problem. I tried Tamasulin (flomax), and alfuzosin. I tried to not during any fluids in the evening but this caused a reaction like hay fever/cold., but unbearable Now that I look back it was a bad idea not to stay hydrated. I was waking up to pee all night, I may as well stay hydrated. I went from 1 urologist to another as I thought Urolift may be good. The scoped me again which is quite traumatic, as no anesthetic. I found out I was not a good candidate so I researched Rezum therapy.

The problem here is this clinic does not have the machine to do it. ( outside Thailand).  Then a month later I developed a high fever and had extreme difficulty to pee. Called my primary doctor and said may be some Prostatitis and prescribed antibiotics. The next day I could not pee and ended up at ER.

Scans show a small piece of tissue blocking urethra . It may have been nicked or something. Catheter installed and I started super hydration . 
I was laid up but for the 1st time I can drink a ton of water and not have to worry where a toilet is.

 

Now I am thinking these doctors in my area may not be so good. Better and expensive good procedure than a botched free one!


I am considering BNH as I am heading over there soon. It is an expensive procedure at BNH as opposed just about free where I am now(Medicare) 

I will still give it a good think before deciding as there may be other doctors closer that I can used insurance. Also hate to be able to move around and travel freely when I visit. Long time visitor and also worked in Bangkok. 
Bunrumgrad has most of my medical record and are usually more expensive. No Thai insurance anymore
 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, thefed said:

I have similar problem. I tried Tamasulin (flomax), and alfuzosin. I tried to not during any fluids in the evening but this caused a reaction like hay fever/cold., but unbearable Now that I look back it was a bad idea not to stay hydrated. I was waking up to pee all night, I may as well stay hydrated. I went from 1 urologist to another as I thought Urolift may be good. The scoped me again which is quite traumatic, as no anesthetic. I found out I was not a good candidate so I researched Rezum therapy.

The problem here is this clinic does not have the machine to do it. ( outside Thailand).  Then a month later I developed a high fever and had extreme difficulty to pee. Called my primary doctor and said may be some Prostatitis and prescribed antibiotics. The next day I could not pee and ended up at ER.

Scans show a small piece of tissue blocking urethra . It may have been nicked or something. Catheter installed and I started super hydration . 
I was laid up but for the 1st time I can drink a ton of water and not have to worry where a toilet is.

 

Now I am thinking these doctors in my area may not be so good. Better and expensive good procedure than a botched free one!


I am considering BNH as I am heading over there soon. It is an expensive procedure at BNH as opposed just about free where I am now(Medicare) 

I will still give it a good think before deciding as there may be other doctors closer that I can used insurance. Also hate to be able to move around and travel freely when I visit. Long time visitor and also worked in Bangkok. 
Bunrumgrad has most of my medical record and are usually more expensive. No Thai insurance anymore
 

 

Sorry to hear about your troubles, although I can sympathise because I have been down a similar route over the years, and it's now got to the stage where I can't pass any water, so self catheterisation is both my saviour and my concern.

 

I did go to Bumrungrad hospital to see what they could do but despite the urologist being top-notch, and doing all of the tests he could, the outcome was that the nerves in my bladder had stopped working, and there appeared to be no solution to it (well there is one, but that's another story).

 

Whilst I was at Bumrungrad I did see that they were advertising the Rezum treatment and had all the equipment there to carry it out, so maybe that would be your first port of call, especially as they have your medical records there.

 

This would have been about three months ago or more, so perhaps worth giving it a try??
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/30/2022 at 4:07 PM, BritManToo said:

If you've been using the Firide for 10 years, I' suggest it isn't working.

What do you think would happen if he stopped using it?

My main beef with Firide is the effect on my libido.

I've been told I have a very large prostate, 1 mg of Cardura daily seems to keep me flowing OK.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

What do you think would happen if he stopped using it?

My main beef with Firide is the effect on my libido.

I've been told I have a very large prostate, 1 mg of Cardura daily seems to keep me flowing OK.

I was prescribed Firide and Cardura XL when i first had urination problems but like you i suffered libido problems so my urologist suggested i stop the Firide which i did but carried on with the Cardura XL, my libido problems appeared to improve but my urination flow was still poor so he recommended i try just Alfuzosin on its own.

 

I've currently been taking it for 9 days so its too early to tell if its going to solve my problem, here's hoping.   

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, GarryP said:

I've been through the meds and Rezum and while I urinate fine now, my libido has continued to decline. I will be having my annual health check in a couple of weeks and one of the added things I will have them check is my testosterone level.

So you had the Rezum treatment and that cured your urination flow, thats good to know as i may very well end up needing some operative procedure.

Like you i had my testosterone level checked a few months ago and all was fine, good luck with yours.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.







×
×
  • Create New...