Strange condo sotitation in wongamat

parafareno

6 hours ago, parafareno said:

400 eur for a dump, with broken furniture.....

How old are you?

Do you have other funds or plans when you get older say 70-80, or are you planning to retire in the new condo purchase?

If your running low on money I probably would not purchase something. If something happens your skint broke. If you just rent, you could keep the million and if it dips below that, bite the bullet and just keep moving into cheaper rental places.

They go way down cheap, as you probably know so you would always have that option, but of course it may not be preferable or comfortable ????, but in a place like Thailand at least it's safe. Other countries, when you live cheaply it starts getting real dangerous so it's nice to have that option here.

Edited by JimTripper

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

How old are you?

Do you have other funds or plans when you get older say 70-80, or are you planning to retire in the new condo purchase?

If your running low on money I probably would not purchase something. If something happens your skint broke. If you just rent, you could keep the million and if it dips below that, bite the bullet and just keep moving into cheaper rental places.

They go way down cheap, as you probably know so you would always have that option, but of course it may not be preferable or comfortable ????, but in a place like Thailand at least it's safe. Other countries, when you live cheaply it starts getting real dangerous so it's nice to have that option here.

I have enough money yes....and properties back home so I will not be hungry....

I could rent each month.....but 55 sq meter is very expensive I think.....if I have my own big place I could put my stuff in, not need to carry all my clothes back home.....have my clean sheets here, clean bed etc...

living in small rooms like nirun or 40 sq meter is not for me....I need studio at least 55 sq meter....that is a sweet spot for meself

the main problem I am doing this is inflation in europe.....it is 10% per year....it will be like this for few years....so if you keep cash you are looginy money.....

crypto tanked...godl did not move anywhere....

it is just a metter of time when the inflation will start in thailand....for now I was shocked to see all prices pretty much the same to prior covid....

and people are desperate to sell now because of covid.....

Edited by parafareno

1 hour ago, parafareno said:

I have enough money yes....and properties back home so I will not be hungry....

I could rent each month.....but 55 sq meter is very expensive I think.....if I have my own big place I could put my stuff in, not need to carry all my clothes back home.....have my clean sheets here, clean bed etc...

living in small rooms like nirun or 40 sq meter is not for me....I need studio at least 55 sq meter....that is a sweet spot for meself

the main problem I am doing this is inflation in europe.....it is 10% per year....it will be like this for few years....so if you keep cash you are looginy money.....

crypto tanked...godl did not move anywhere....

it is just a metter of time when the inflation will start in thailand....for now I was shocked to see all prices pretty much the same to prior covid....

and people are desperate to sell now because of covid.....

If you have money why don't you just rent a nicer place? I rent for around 20k and it's fine. Over that you move into pretty nice places.

Buying the condo could be more about not feeling at home in Thailand that shuffles you around no matter what you do. The system feels set up to keep pushing you around with constant reporting, etc. Sometimes it feels intentional like a way of keeping foreigners from settling comfortably in the country.????

Edited by JimTripper

42 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

If you have money why don't you just rent a nicer place? I rent for around 20k and it's fine. Over that you move into pretty nice places.

Buying the condo could be more about not feeling at home in Thailand that shuffles you around no matter what you do. The system feels set up to keep pushing you around with constant reporting, etc. Sometimes it feels intentional like a way of keeping foreigners from settling comfortably in the country.????

I booked through air bnb for 400 bucks.....and i got an old beaten up room.....

with no view.....furniture is broken....kitchen is old.....i stay above the garage, so hear every car leaving...etc....

i used airbnb.......you cant even rent for 1 month withoutu airbnb now anymore.....

sucks big time

that is why I want my condo

45 minutes ago, parafareno said:

I booked through air bnb for 400 bucks.....and i got an old beaten up room.....

with no view.....furniture is broken....kitchen is old.....i stay above the garage, so hear every car leaving...etc....

i used airbnb.......you cant even rent for 1 month withoutu airbnb now anymore.....

sucks big time

that is why I want my condo

I just saw a 95 square meter condo with marble countertops and leather furniture, in the center of pattaya, huge balcony for 19k a month.

I would suggest getting a place for a year lease, looking in person, then looking for a place to buy (If you still want to). Airbnb is hit or miss, the pictures are often deceptive, and over priced.

Look here: https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/112306758786227/apartments-for-rent/

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1