Departure Tax From Bkk

Because of e-tickets,there is no longer a fare/tax structure breakdown on my ticket.

It was issued in February ,will TG know that my fare includes the departure tax from BKK?

I have checked with my agent and have it in writing that the new tax has been paid.

Has any forum leaders had any difficulties or been charged & asked to get refund from their travel agents ?

:o Wiley Coyote

Because of e-tickets,there is no longer a fare/tax structure breakdown on my ticket.

It was issued in February ,will TG know that my fare includes the departure tax from BKK?

I have checked with my agent and have it in writing that the new tax has been paid.

Has any forum leaders had any difficulties or been charged & asked to get refund from their travel agents ?

Flew out a couple of weeks ago..........it is on the ticket and 1000000% definately no departure tax payable in cash when you fly out (as it used to be)............plus: THEIR IS NOWHERE TO PAY ANY DEPARTURE TAX AT THE AIRPORT :D

Flew out a couple of weeks ago..........it is on the ticket and 1000000% definately no departure tax payable in cash when you fly out (as it used to be)............plus: THEIR IS NOWHERE TO PAY ANY DEPARTURE TAX AT THE AIRPORT :D

Thank You & Thank God

:D Wiley Coyote

Hi WC

I flew out of Suvarnabhumi in April on a ticket booked in Dec 06 and my tax was included in the ticket price.

I then flew out again in May on a ticket bought last Sept and had to pay 700 baht. I was taken by the airline to a special desk where I paid the tax, I believe I paid it to the airline who in turn are charged by the airport on the number of fare paying passengers they carry.

So having booked your ticket in Feb I would of expected the tax to be included.

TBWG :o

I had the same problem. Bought a ticket from my travel agent in early April this year and still had to pay the 700 baht departure tax at Suv. Airport when I flew out at the end of Songkran. I am still waiting for a refund from my travel agent!

This time, I booked directly with Thai International and paid for the return flight directly with them. Plus - before I left Australia, I asked for (and received) a coded printout showing the departure tax was paid.

Peter

Last month I bought a last minute (round trip) ticket at the Thai Airways check-in counter in LAX. The staff there had to hand write out my return ticket. When I was checking in at BKK for my return flight, the counter agent carefully read through the list of paid taxes/fees on the ticket. The staff at LAX had either forgotten to charge me the departure tax*, or hadn't listed it on the ticket. I had to go to the Thai Airways ticket office in Suvarnabhumi to pay the 700 baht, get a payment voucher, and take it back to the check-in agent.

* They did charge me $12 less than a price I had seen on the Thai Airways website - but $12 does not equal 700 baht.